my current diet, thoughts?

huggies

Awards
hey guys, wasnt sure where to put this, so i thought here would be sufficient.

im 20, 6'1', weigh 90 and am probably sitting around 12% body fat

not really sure where im at lately, ive been a bit torn in whether i should eat heavy again to gain, but then again i have been more inclined to eat cleaner to try to lean up.

i know theres enough arguments on the matter, but what are peoples thoughts on clean bulking?

breakfast- bowl of muesli and 4 egg whites

meal 2- a chicken breast with green beans, broccoli, and occasionally a bit of avacado

meal 3- (raw weight) 150g-200g beef (or a chicken breast) with broccoli and either brown rice or sweet potato

**train**

meal 4- whey protein shake with a banana and sometimes frozen berries (if you can classify this as a meal)

dinner- (chicken breast/beef steak/tuna steak) with mixed veges

and usually some casein before bed.

so i was wondering what people think about this... any recommended changes? suggestions?

regards, Aiden.

8)

TexasGuy

Awards
6'1" and 90lbs?

I have a feeling this is bull**** but I do like clean bulking. Why not get calories from foods that provide benefits over and above energy for muscle building?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He probably omitted the 1 :)

huggies

Awards
sorry guys, im an aussie, 90kg haha so does that work out to a bit below 200lbs?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
sorry guys, im an aussie, 90kg haha so does that work out to a bit below 200lbs?

Yeah about 198 lbs. Your diet looks fine, although you can start eating cottage cheese in place of the casein before bed if you like cottage cheese. I would guess you are fairly lean already at 6'1 sub 200, my brother is about that same weight and height. He has a pretty muscular build although nothing like mine is already decently lean. At 12% BF it wouldn't take too much for you to get down to about 10% and then start a bulk. I like to be single digit body fat before I head back up the other way. So I always cut down to about 9% before I begin another bulk. It wouldn't take you very long to do something like that at 12% BF. Maybe a about 6 weeks and then you could start bulking.

Really easy to do that if you have access to Ephedrine and Dexaprine XR you can crush your appetite and hit that goal with a quickness.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
^ I agree with Lane. Definitely use Dexaprine to help you get to a lower BF % before you start a bulk. Itll curb that appetite and give you great energy!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I think for the most part your diet is pretty good, few suggestions though:
1. do you feel OK training when you have broccoli before hand? Only ask because I personally wouldnt want anything bulk like that in my stomach before i train.

2. also if you are looking to bulk a bit, where are your carb sources or fat sources? I see meal 1 and meal 3. As you didnt list macros I can only assume that you eat ALOT of those carb sources in those meals or your not eating enough.

What I do for myself and a few clients is having carbs pre/intra/post workout and the rest of the day is high fat instead of carbs. They also take isotean as a postWO meal, followed with a whole food meal 30-60min after that. Obviously you need to do what works for you, but this might be something that could benefit you.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I think for the most part your diet is pretty good, few suggestions though:
1. do you feel OK training when you have broccoli before hand? Only ask because I personally wouldnt want anything bulk like that in my stomach before i train.

2. also if you are looking to bulk a bit, where are your carb sources or fat sources? I see meal 1 and meal 3. As you didnt list macros I can only assume that you eat ALOT of those carb sources in those meals or your not eating enough.

What I do for myself and a few clients is having carbs pre/intra/post workout and the rest of the day is high fat instead of carbs. They also take isotean as a postWO meal, followed with a whole food meal 30-60min after that. Obviously you need to do what works for you, but this might be something that could benefit you.