Calorie Help for a "Lean Bulk"

jega274

Awards
Ok first off i would like to introduce myself, i've been a daily reader on this site for some time, but not an active memeber in the community. A couple stats about me, Im 6'1 182lbs currently, with anywhere from 9.5-10.5 body fat % im guessing, (never had it measured). My lifting schedule consists of 5 days a week lifting and 2 days a week of HIIT cardio. I train Legs, Shoulders, off, Chest, Back, Arms, Off. For the cardio i usually do incline running.

Supplements- I will be running 8 weeks of Anabeta Elite, Erase Pro, P6 Black, and then the usuals(whey, fish oil, multi, creatine, digestive enzyme, bcaa).

Now this is where im need of some advise, i am lost at how many calories a day i should be eating for minimal fat gain while gaining decent amounts of muscle.

I was thinking 3050 calories a day?
Meal 1- 3/4 cups of oats, 30g of protein, 2 tbsp of pb- 550 cals (preworkout meal)
Meal 2- 3/4 cups of oats, 30g of protein, 2 tbsp of pb, 1 scoop of mass gainer - 650 cals (postworkout meal)
Meal 3- 6oz chicken breast, 1 1/2 Cup of Brown Rice, Spinach - 480 cals
Meal 4- 1 Tortilla Wrap, 4oz chicken, 2 Eggs whole- 440 Cals
Meal 5- 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup of almonds- 460 cals
Meal 6- 1 scoop of casein, 2 scoop of mass gainer- 470 cals

Just wanting feedback on how that looks. The calories or about perfectly measured for the foods i have and can eat on a daily basis. If you guys could critique or give some advise i would be estatic, thanks!

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Keep a log going, all looks like you've polished that routine and diet and all that well but I'd like to see the results as well as before and after

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Start at roughly 100 over maintenance

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Calculate your maintenance and eat a little bit above it, for my lean bulks I generally don't even change my diet I just add an extra Isotean shake.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Looks good to me. Other then the casien all seems like something do-able. I am just not a fan of it, makes me bloat up big time!

Mass Gainer, be careful with. I would rather see you eating more food then taking that, so say limit to maybe just before bed as you have and take and Isolate like Isotean after your workout followed with a whole food meal. That would be my only critique, other wise you look like your on the right track.

Good luck to yah!

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
When I bulk I still tend to eat the same. I tend to add a Protean or Isotean shake a few extra times throughout the day for the extra calories and protein!