Looking for advice on bulking/what to eat

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
Hey guys im 19 years old and around 157lb and 5'11-6'' tall approx. I have experience in weight lifting and for the most part know what im doing but i was just hoping to get some good ideas on what would help greatly, I have a line of supplements ranging from weight gainers, to multis, PWO, fish oils, and kre-alkalyne creatine. i have some prohormones on hand but am waiting till i get my body back into the whip of things. i currently have 2 cycles under my belt. I can eat alot if i wanted to, and know i will have to when bulking. Which is better? Clean or dirty bulk? other questions i have is for example. Good routines for gains for someone of my athletic body type and experience. Want to know anything else just ask. Thanks fors the help appreciate it.

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
19, 2 cycles, 160lbs at 6'

you have no clue what youre doing
I bulk up then cut down, want to see a pic of me, im big for 160 and can also push 220 bp for 5 reps, im just looking for advice not criticism

rj123

Awards
I bulk up then cut down, want to see a pic of me, im big for 160 and can also push 220 bp for 5 reps, im just looking for advice not criticism
220 5 times is nothing for someone who ran 2 cycles

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Pretty good for what i took, since i didnt take Test or anything to that extent.
no its not. i was doing 225x5-7 before my first cycle. thats attainable completely natty. you just have that entitlement I-Want-It-Now syndrome going on

id even gamble and say you dont use the full rom and hide behind the "1inch from chest" excuse. if you just admit you dont really know what youre doing, ill stop being a jackass and throw a huge list of groceries at you

rj123

Awards
I'm 20 and only been training for about a year and half and I'm putting up 225 5-6 times natural

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
I'm siding with OnionKnight, completely natty I throw up around 300 for 4-6 reps, and I only weigh about 12 pounds more than you, it takes hard work and consistency, stop being a punk and talking about prohormones, you're 19 toss those in the back of your closet and don't touch em, admit you need genuine help cuz you don't know what you're doing and we'll throw a list of everything you need your way.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
OK like most people said but I wont get on your case. Your to young to be using that stuff. First you need to know how to properly train so to actually benefit from that stuff. Second you need a sound diet and know how your body will react to certain foods and types of diet to gain something from them. Also if you do it correctly, there should be NO need to do any cut after a cycle assuming you do things correctly. that is the biggest issue with a lot of people who do this stuff. Now if you are looking to be a PRO BBer then stop cutting and keep bulking till you know your body response.

Now as far as what to eat, do you have allergies? What have you been eating so far? Most important question is what do YOU think you should be eating? I am willing to helpyou but what I wont do is all the work for you. Plus what I tell you might not work for you based on there is no text book way to give someone a prop diet that will work. So help me so I can help you.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
There is absolutely no use for a PH at your age. I'm 29 and I haven't ran a PH before, I'm waiting until I have noticeable signs of decreased testosterone production. I've been researching them for over 5 years, it shouldn't be something that you just delve into at such an early age. It can have drastic impacts on the future performance of your body. Think about it. You are still growing and developing naturally and yet you ingest something that could stunt the growth and production for the future. There is a real reason people advise you not to take PHs at such an early age. I fully intend to run them at some point, but I am still progressing as a natural so there is no reason for me to do so yet. There shouldn't be for you either. I've been lifting weights since I was about 13 years old and I am 29 now. My lifts are enormous and it was all because I just kept plugging away at it for 16 years. Shortcuts in weight lifting as in life will generally have adverse repercussions that you will regret.

I would be happy to give you advice on supplementation, diet, or exercise routines. Protein, creatine (maybe some beta alanine), fish oil, multi-vitamin, and lots of food would sum it up though.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
There is absolutely no use for a PH at your age. I'm 29 and I haven't ran a PH before, I'm waiting until I have noticeable signs of decreased testosterone production. I've been researching them for over 5 years, it shouldn't be something that you just delve into at such an early age. It can have drastic impacts on the future performance of your body. Think about it. You are still growing and developing naturally and yet you ingest something that could stunt the growth and production for the future. There is a real reason people advise you not to take PHs at such an early age. I fully intend to run them at some point, but I am still progressing as a natural so there is no reason for me to do so yet. There shouldn't be for you either. I've been lifting weights since I was about 13 years old and I am 29 now. My lifts are enormous and it was all because I just kept plugging away at it for 16 years. Shortcuts in weight lifting as in life will generally have adverse repercussions that you will regret.

I would be happy to give you advice on supplementation, diet, or exercise routines. Protein, creatine (maybe some beta alanine), fish oil, multi-vitamin, and lots of food would sum it up though.
Boom!! This is great advise...I'll be honest man I used my first pro at 19 it was spawn by myogenix..yea I got massive but I developed low test and gyno. ..now my nipples hurt and a dime sized lump is underneath the tissue.....it's not worth it...knowone is trying to bash you just trying to help cause you are too young and too light...you have natty strength and size to build before you should even think of pros......

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
The part i need help with is, nutrition First, then Routine secondly, I supplement good.

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
OK like most people said but I wont get on your case. Your to young to be using that stuff. First you need to know how to properly train so to actually benefit from that stuff. Second you need a sound diet and know how your body will react to certain foods and types of diet to gain something from them. Also if you do it correctly, there should be NO need to do any cut after a cycle assuming you do things correctly. that is the biggest issue with a lot of people who do this stuff. Now if you are looking to be a PRO BBer then stop cutting and keep bulking till you know your body response.

Now as far as what to eat, do you have allergies? What have you been eating so far? Most important question is what do YOU think you should be eating? I am willing to helpyou but what I wont do is all the work for you. Plus what I tell you might not work for you based on there is no text book way to give someone a i prop diet that will work. So help me so I can help you.
I wake up and eat 2 bagels with cream cheese, and gunna toss some boiled eggs in there(why not) +2 kre alkalyne caps, then when i go to workout ill take mutant rage(pwo) and after ill take my weight gainer(mutant mass) + 2 kre alkalyne caps. And when i get home about 15mins later ill eat left overs from dinner which is usually steak or chicken or pork chops with rice or brocs, all depends what my mom makes. Then threw out the day i try and eat 1.5-2hrs apart and eat fruits and stuff like that. trying to stay away from junk food best i can.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
so at the end of the day, you pretty much rely on what mommy cooks for you + a couple quick eats. do you cook food at all? do you know how many calories that is? or the macro breakdown?

why did you even start a thread asking for food advice if you dont cook?

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
so at the end of the day, you pretty much rely on what mommy cooks for you + a couple quick eats. do you cook food at all? do you know how many calories that is? or the macro breakdown?

why did you even start a thread asking for food advice if you dont cook?
My mom cooks dinner, i cook my breakfeast and everything else inbetween that, Whats the problem with asking for food advice if i dont cook dinner?

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
I'm not going to get on you regarding the cycles. Other people have already stated the truth.

Regarding your diet, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Do you want a list of foods you should eat? A macro breakdown? (Assuming you know what macros are? Not being a smart ass, legitimate question).

The sample day you laid out sounds like very little (1000cals or so?) I would suggest if looking to get bigger, you need to find your tdee (total daily energy expenditure) and increase from there.

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
I'm not going to get on you regarding the cycles. Other people have already stated the truth.

Regarding your diet, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Do you want a list of foods you should eat? A macro breakdown? (Assuming you know what macros are? Not being a smart ass, legitimate question).

The sample day you laid out sounds like very little (1000cals or so?) I would suggest if looking to get bigger, you need to find your tdee (total daily energy expenditure) and increase from there.
Yeah im just asking like what foods are good for more calories and are clean and healthy, i dont want to have cheat meals or too much sugars. and im looking into getting an app for my android thats a calorie counter but im not sure which one to go with, so if anyone knows about an app, feel free to let me know

rj123

Awards
Protein:
Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Cottage cheese
Tuna and most other types of fish (Salmon, Tilapia, Mahi Mahi, Cod, Halibut, Shrimp)
Eggs
Lean beef
Low fat pork
Low fat cheese or no fat cheese
Whey protein
Milk protein isolate

Carbohydrates:
Beans
Sweet potatoes
Veggies
Fruits
Whole bread and Sprouted wheat (Ezekiel) Brown rice
Bran cereals
Whole wheat pastas

Fats:
Egg yolks
Nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, ect)
Olive oil
Avocado
Fish (salmon preferably)
Flax seed oil Omega 3 (fish oil capsules) Primrose oil

rj123

Awards
I'm about the same height and weight as you these are my macros to maintain
Calories 2800-2900
Protein 220
Carbs 350
Fat 70
You can try that out if you want see if it works for you but everyone's gonna be different you might have a faster or slower metabolism then I do. find your maintenance then go from there. When I bulk ill bump my calories up 200 preferably coming from a carb source shoot for a pound a week 1.5 at the most for minimal fat gain once you've stopped gaining at 200 surplus bump it up another 200 calories and keep doing that until you're done your bulk. This is what works for me

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
What rj123 said. That is all the food you can add in to get the results you want.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hot pockets, dairy queen blizzards, creatine

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
Thanks alot rj, i do have qiuick metabolism. i can eat so much food and not gain anything ahah it pisses me off, but yea ill try out what you said, should i eat alot of carbs? i hear of buddy of mine eating lots of carbs and they get massive but they eat alot of everything so. Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it

rj123

Awards
Thanks alot rj, i do have qiuick metabolism. i can eat so much food and not gain anything ahah it pisses me off, but yea ill try out what you said, should i eat alot of carbs? i hear of buddy of mine eating lots of carbs and they get massive but they eat alot of everything so. Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it
Just keep upping those calories till you find what works. When I bulk I like to get my extra calories from a carb source

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
make some macros for your meals. make sure you get close to your total macros for the day and continue that for a week. if scale or mirrior tells you that you're not going anywhere, add in 5-10 more grams

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
make some macros for your meals. make sure you get close to your total macros for the day and continue that for a week. if scale or mirrior tells you that you're not going anywhere, add in 5-10 more grams
5-10 more grams of protein? or carbs.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
prolly carbs, and some fats. i usually keep protein around 1.2 - 1.5g / per lb

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
prolly carbs, and some fats. i usually keep protein around 1.2 - 1.5g / per lb
Alright ill do that. Im just going through the noob gains at the moment, Been about 8 months since ive been in a gym. I did 8 months of house arrest got off august 18th. First day back in the gym 3 days ago.

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Personally I like to keep protein and fat at a 1:1 ratio, and carbs about double that, sometimes higher even just for the added strength and recovery. Honestly a great way to bulk and to do it healthily is whole milk. Adding three or four glasses onto what you eat can help immensely, and a more aggressive approach is half or even a full gallon a day. If half that's about 1200 calories and of added to your meals that almost guaranteed over 3000 calories, if you drink a whole gallon, assuming you already eat close to 2500 calories that will put you over 5000. That right there will guarantee some fat gain but from most of the before and after pics of guys who do the GOMAD diet, they usually just look beefed up and strong as hell. They rarely look fat. Add in a decent conditioning plan and you can minimize the fat gain.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Alright ill do that. Im just going through the noob gains at the moment, Been about 8 months since ive been in a gym. I did 8 months of house arrest got off august 18th. First day back in the gym 3 days ago.
just make sure you're consistenent and weighing stuff out. 5-10grams a meal or two may not seem like much, but it adds up over a week fast!

TexasGuy

Awards
Truthfully you should be hitting closer to 300 naturally before you see your peak, imo. Of course some variation will occur but roughly 275-315 or so is attainable with proper training, diet and recovery.

That said, as a response to the OP, bulking foods are any food really. Pick nutrient and calorie dense foods to add to your meals. Avocados are good with pretty much anything and have a significant caloric impact, add walnuts/almonds to salmon, chicken, even beef if you cook it asian style, choose whole milk over reduced fat and drink at glass at every meal,use full fat, unflavored yogurt as a sauce/spread by stirring whatever flavors you want in to it to match your meal....

You could also go to virtually any bodybuilding website, tap the search function, type in "bulking foods" "bulking tips" et cetera and read for days.

*EDIT: I meant to reply to a specific post and hit the wrong button.

CaptForest

CaptForest

Awards
get your cals from 50% carbs then split fats and protein. thats how i am going to handle my bulk.

carbs 50%
protein 28%
fat 22%

is actually how i am doing it for 3200 cals.

good luck to you

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
OnionKnight, coincidentally I'm starting a new gomad plan. Aim is 5000 cals a day! And I love the milk bulk plans

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
OnionKnight, coincidentally I'm starting a new gomad plan. Aim is 5000 cals a day! And I love the milk bulk plans
lol one of the biggest differences between my bulk and cut diets is milk vs water. i love my milk

fire45

Awards
It all starts with, what I call the "Big Three" and in this order.

1. Nutrition: Consistently, eating clean and often.

2. Rest: Consistently, get 8 hrs of sleep and don't over train.

3. Training: Consistently, focus and train hard.

Follow some of the previous advice and stay away from the short cuts.