First Ever Attempt At Bulk: Help Needed!

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
I'm 19
Height- 5ft. 5in
Weight-164
BF%-10%
All I know as of now is my TDEE is - 3088
I have also been taking only 39g of protein a day when cutting. Need to know what's the best recommended for a bulk. People have mentioned Creatine to me..? What's y'all take on that.
I have Been working out consistently for about a year. But on an off for 3. I workout 5 days a week for 2 hours a day.
I just want to gain more lean mass. People say I'm big already but I'm never satisfied. I get stronger constantly but never really or noticeably see size gains. I plan on bulking for 4 months if that's a good amount of time. I want to be Atleast over 170lbs or more by the end of those 4 months but without looking fat. I know Ill gain some fat in the process but I don't want to look like a slob.
And I'm not worried about the little fat I gain because cutting isn't a problem for me. I just need help on what to eat an take without screwing over my body. My first time trying this. Any advice could be of use. Thanks.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Looks like your protein intake might be a little low considering you're working out 5 days a week, 2 hours at a time. Increase your protein intake. You have to be supplying your body with the proper nutrients to create an anabolic environment and roughly 40g of protein is not enough. I've had several successful, all natural bulking cycles and the best advice I can give to you is to just eat as much as possible. Don't worry as much about your macros considering you're at young age. Just make sure you slowly build to a caloric surplus that is allowing you to add mass with minimal fat gains. What does your training program look like?

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
So what would be the best amount of intake for protein.
An for workout - Abs included every day
Monday(Full Body)
Tuesday(Chest&tris)
Wednesday(Back&Bis)
Thursday(Shoulders&Legs)
Friday(Full Body Less Intensity)
That's the typical way I workout. If you need to know exact lifts which I'm sure that's what you want I'll provide those also.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
A good place to start is at least 1 gram of protein per pound. So you want at least 164 grams of protein per day, which really you want more than that to gain. Anywhere from 164 - 246 (1.5 grams per pound) would help. Even at 246 grams per day you would be getting around (actually less than 984) 1000 calories from protein. So you could afford to up it a bit if necessary. The gram per pound thing is best for a cut and you want to increase it if you are bulking to about 1.5 grams per pound. You can eyeball it though, I eat 350 - 400 grams a day of protein and I weigh about 220.

Definitely need to start drinking some protein powder to supplement your protein intake. Isotean or Protean are both good choices and they have some great flavors. Creatine will help you bulk up somewhat but it is more of a strength enhancer. The best way to grow is to eat, and sometimes that is hard to do so you have to supplement with protein powders.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
39g a day? do yu even drink milk?

i doubt youre 10% bf. probly closer to 15 with the nutrition knowledge youve presented. with that said, you should aim for 1-2g protein per KG of bw/day. thats about 160g/day tops for you. id say 100-120g would be ideal and fine as a natural trainer at your size

and a good rule of thumb for total calories is body weightx20. not the best method, but it works and is super simplified

above man: there is not a single study anywhere that shows more than 1g protein per lb body weight is effective. thats body building bro science and a rule of thumb for juicers. he's 19 and a natural lifter. steroids change things a little lol

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
39g a day? do yu even drink milk?

i doubt youre 10% bf. probly closer to 15 with the nutrition knowledge youve presented. with that said, you should aim for 1-2g protein per KG of bw/day. thats about 160g/day tops for you. id say 100-120g would be ideal and fine as a natural trainer at your size

and a good rule of thumb for total calories is body weightx20. not the best method, but it works and is super simplified
I was really hoping that 39g thing was a typo actually lol.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
So what would be the best amount of intake for protein.
An for workout - Abs included every day
Monday(Full Body)
Tuesday(Chest&tris)
Wednesday(Back&Bis)
Thursday(Shoulders&Legs)
Friday(Full Body Less Intensity)
That's the typical way I workout. If you need to know exact lifts which I'm sure that's what you want I'll provide those also.
If you're actually serious about bulking just completely toss this out the window. You do not need to be going 5 days straight with two full body lifts to start and end the week. That schedule combined with the amount of protein you are taking in makes me surprised to think you could even have the slightest possibility of growth. Look up Wendler's 5/3/1 supplemented with Dave Tates Periodization Bible. It's a complete strength+mass program. But before anything, really get your nutrient intake in check. You don't need to kill yourself getting supplements but I would recommend that you should invest in a protein supplement at the very least.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
My fault. From protein powder is 39g per scoop an i take 2 scoops per day but I didn't mean that as in that's all the protein I get in a day. But I see where y'all coming from.
An so for creatine, it wouldn't hurt taking it then since it's mainly for strength.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
True. I've never actually followed a workout program before as you can see. I Just looked up Wendler's 5/3/1 an it looks promising an I will most likely try this and I do have protein. It's just most people would tell me not to take too much protein because it'll make you fat an stuff.

I know that can't be right unless your sitting on your A** all day doing nothing. But I'll definitely up my intake on protein an I'm sure that'll help.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
My fault. From protein powder is 39g per scoop an i take 2 scoops per day but I didn't mean that as in that's all the protein I get in a day. But I see where y'all coming from.
An so for creatine, it wouldn't hurt taking it then since it's mainly for strength.
yes you should be using creatine always! recommend using mono since that is the least expensive and with all the studies done on it for how well it works you cant go wrong. What I personally am currently using is Creaplex. Start there along with all the other advice you have been given.

Good luck!

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
yes you should be using creatine always! recommend using mono since that is the least expensive and with all the studies done on it for how well it works you cant go wrong. What I personally am currently using is Creaplex. Start there along with all the other advice you have been given.

Good luck!
I have had the mono creatine but have waited to take it so far. An I'll start there. I'll start now an up my protein an calorie intake and start changing my workout routine.
Thanks.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
increase your protein intake, try Isotean or Protean! They are both sick! also could try a test booster and creatine for the extra edge!

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
increase your protein intake, try Isotean or Protean! They are both sick! also could try a test booster and creatine for the extra edge!
Probably not a bad idea to increase protean intake, along w/ all other nutrients if the OP is truly seeking to bulk. I would probably focus on training, however, before pimping more products.
Test boosters really aren't needed at 19

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Probably not a bad idea to increase protean intake, along w/ all other nutrients if the OP is truly seeking to bulk. I would probably focus on training, however, before pimping more products.
Test boosters really aren't needed at 19
Agreed on not needing a test booster at 19.