Favored Macro ratios among you guys?

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
I'm thinking of running a slightly more aggressive ratio of 40% carbs/ 30% fats and proteins. This is more fat than I was getting on the 40/40/20 split I employed before. I'm just curious as to what the AM forum members prefer for their bulk ratios.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I like my fats higher personally and my carbs lower. Everyone is different but I keep my proteins high my carbs low and my fat moderate. I drink olive oil, eat almonds and meat and dairy, and drink Protean shakes.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I like my fats higher personally and my carbs lower. Everyone is different but I keep my proteins high my carbs low and my fat moderate. I drink olive oil, eat almonds and meat and dairy, and drink Protean shakes.
This is what I do....percentages are pointless to be concerned about....

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
This is what I do....percentages are pointless to be concerned about....
Yeah they really are. I just feel like I get more out of fats than carbs, I don't nail them down to a specific percentage. I do try to get more calories from protein than fat and more from fat than carbs, but beyond that I don't care too much. I use %s more as a rough guideline rather than an exact target.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I usually dont worry about percentages, and focus more on the asspect of eat when i am hungry and eat what I want. Some times it is just a huge peice of steak, other times it will be Protean powder made into ice cream. I do like to keep my fats relativly high mostly because I just feel better, and I can get some PB in!

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Veaderko ^. I eat when Im hungry which is usually about 4-5x a day. small meals or until im full. It doesnt really matter what I eat but I do try to keep low on the carbs and fats. Sometimes I will just have myself a Protean or Isotean shake to hold me over!