Before bed

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%

Before bed

What's best to eat before bed without putting on any unwanted fat???

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by shaun1988 View Post
    Its more about your over all caloric intake for the week. I mean you would be better off eating a candy bar post workout instead of before bed...but neither will really hurt you if your calories are low enough..

I hope that made sense posting from a sauna....
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

hahahaha made me laugh

I like to eat lean meats and some carbs before i sleep. no sugar..although i keep sugar low throughout the day anyways.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.53%

Heard sugar is the worst for before bed this true?
  5. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.34%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by D3platinum View Post
    Heard sugar is the worst for before bed this true?
    Obviously if your going to eat sugar it would be better to place whatever sugar laden food you plan on consuming, in your post workout meal.

Now if your overall caloric need is 2200 calories and you eat a sleeve of pop-tarts prior to bed which puts you at 2000 calories, i wouldnt expect you to get fat.

Its about caloric needs but obviously there are better times to consume certain things.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.53%

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Obviously if your going to eat sugar it would be better to place whatever sugar laden food you plan on consuming, in your post workout meal.

Now if your overall caloric need is 2200 calories and you eat a sleeve of pop-tarts prior to bed which puts you at 2000 calories, i wouldnt expect you to get fat.

Its about caloric needs but obviously there are better times to consume certain things.
    That's true, with meals it's adding to what you need in calories. Post workout for carbs and body replenishment is the optimal time to take in sugars. In another note, not a big fan of poptarts, but that new carl's jr - hardee's tart-ice cream looks delicious though..
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.65%

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

Wasn't it Mike Mentzer who used to break out a few candy bars post workout?
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%

I eat mars bars sometimes before workouts, great energy source as it gets me through my workout. Obv not very healthy tho haa
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Psh I'm eating a pb and honey sandwich before bed nightly lol

Caloric surplus= weight gain
    Maintenance/deficit (add in caloric expenditure) = weight loss
    MYOKEM SPONSORED ATHLETE & REP
    PSALMS 62:1-62:2
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%

I had 4 big spoonfuls of PB earlier, cannot eat it on bread, I like to just spoon it straight in.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.16%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I have lean red meat, extra vigin coconut oil and a bag of frozen green beans. Seems to work for me.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

Everybody's different, but cottage cheese and almond butter w fresh strawberries has been my pre bed snack lately
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.66%

Cottage cheese with banana, cinnamon, and Splenda
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.16%

Something you could always make that I recently just made was a big protein smoothy.

What I used:
    Handful of Ice Cubes
    1 TBSP of Almond Butter
    1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
    2 Scoops iForce Chocolate Truffle

Took care of my craving for ice cream and filled me up.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Cheerios, yogurt, ice cream, crap loads of pb
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

In calorie front loading with a weightloss client u have them begin the day with a good amount of carbs to start the day and then by the time their last meal comes around they should have little or no carbs. Which makes since since carbs are used for a main fuel source In your body so u shouldn't introduce them to ur body when you simply going to go to sleep.
    Always learning and always improving. Fitness has progressed to being my life and I pay attention and acknowledge every word. Certified trainer at the end of august but doesn't mean I know everything.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by peakedfitness View Post
    In calorie front loading with a weightloss client u have them begin the day with a good amount of carbs to start the day and then by the time their last meal comes around they should have little or no carbs. Which makes since since carbs are used for a main fuel source In your body so u shouldn't introduce them to ur body when you simply going to go to sleep.
    So carb back loading is a crock?
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    So carb back loading is a crock?
    No, back loading might be for weight gain. but of course everyones different so just do what is best for you. I personally like an even amount of my macros throughout the day.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.7%

No, back loading might be for weight gain. but of course everyones different so just do what is best for you. I personally like an even amount of my macros throughout the day.
    Lol that's fine. Basics-

Caloric surplus= weight gain
    Deficit/maintenance (including caloric expenditure)= weight loss

LG/IF and CBL take in a majority of there kcalories/carbs at night time. Personally I eat 3 rather large meals with snacks in between (almonds/ fruits). But, it sounds like you need to brush up a little on "diets" and studies/misconceptions
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

yea man, came to this website to learn. and I have realized the fitness industry is filled with misconceptions!

I know about caloric surpluses and deficits haha, I am about to be a certified trainer in a short amount of time but I completely understand I need to learn a crap ton, especially in the nutrition field, to be efficient for myself and future clients. And in the class im taking the trainers briefly went over carb front loading and back loading so i may have gotten some information mixed up.
    Always learning and always improving. Fitness has progressed to being my life and I pay attention and acknowledge every word. Certified trainer at the end of august but doesn't mean I know everything.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

I read an article that had a study in it that proved this to be wrong and suggested to eat your carbs around your workout. I totally forget where I read it though.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%

It's obviously common sense to have carbs around your workouts, what are other energy source would you use!
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.75%

It's obviously common sense to have carbs around your workouts, what are other energy source would you use!
    Oh I don't know, fats maybe.......
    www.lgsciences.com
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I read an article that had a study in it that proved this to be wrong and suggested to eat your carbs around your workout. I totally forget where I read it though.
    yea eat the highest amount of carbs when you wake up to give you energy for the day, then before your workout, and after your workout the rest should be spread out through the rest of the day and your final meal should little to no carbs. I never said not to do that, just said to go to sleep with no carbs and to begin ur day with carbs.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.75%

yea eat the highest amount of carbs when you wake up to give you energy for the day, then before your workout, and after your workout the rest should be spread out through the rest of the day and your final meal should little to no carbs. I never said not to do that, just said to go to sleep with no carbs and to begin ur day with carbs.
    this is your opinion.....
    www.lgsciences.com
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

Yes, I don't do it myself I was just offering an idea for a guy who was wanting to to not gain fat while sleeping. I do not do it myself. And it makes since to me. This idea was given to me by a trainer that has a lot of experience with body building and weight loss clients
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

Yes, I don't do it myself I was just offering an idea for a guy who was wanting to to not gain fat while sleeping. I do not do it myself. And it makes since to me. This idea was given to me by a trainer that has a lot of experience with body building and weight loss clients
    And for someone who should be a fitness enthusiast you should understand that there is a ton of things that work for some people that might not work for others. And my idea might not work for y'all but that doesn't make wrong. And I'm not shooting you all down. Respect my opinion like I respect yours please.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.75%

And for someone who should be a fitness enthusiast you should understand that there is a ton of things that work for some people that might not work for others. And my idea might not work for y'all but that doesn't make wrong. And I'm not shooting you all down. Respect my opinion like I respect yours please.
    I'm simply saying its an opinion and not a fact....your opinions are respected
    www.lgsciences.com
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    I'm simply saying its an opinion and not a fact....your opinions are respected

exactly.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.09%

I love sugar at night, I always wake up with a raging appetite for a huge breakfast.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I love sugar at night, I always wake up with a raging appetite for a huge breakfast.
    Hmm may have to try this
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.37%

1 cup "no sugar added" ice cream

2 scoops whey

1 cup milk

Now I can eat a milkshake and not feel like a tubby
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.75%

1 cap Nforce
    2 cups cinnamon toast crunch
    2 cups milk
    www.lgsciences.com
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.1%

I eat cottage cheese and drink a Protean shake before bed. Sometimes I'll throw in an egg.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.4%

I will have a Red Velvet Protean Shake before beD!
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.4%

or I mix some Protean or Isotean up with some greek yogurt and add some oats or cottage cheese!
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.86%

I drink a nice size glass of milk and eat a spoon full or so of peanut butter.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before bed: Casein only or a mix of Whey/Casein/Egg
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 11:08 PM
  2. Is fat before bed just as bad as carbs?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 10:23 PM
  3. best protein before bed?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 10:33 PM
  4. Best food for before bed
    By Inzah Dude in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:16 PM
  5. Takeing 1 test before bed???