maintaining body weight during 2 a days - AnabolicMinds.com

maintaining body weight during 2 a days

Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.

maintaining body weight during 2 a days

My daughters boyfriend had a question about how he can maintain or even add a few lbs during 2 a days he's about 5 8" 170 lbs pbly 8-10 percent body 16 yrs old and plays safety he usually drops 10 lbs during the 3 weeks of practice thanks.

Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

At a lot...like...a lot. Get dirty with it if you have to. Have him eat 2 frozen pizzas after practice #2 with a couple cuts of pork chops/steaks/fattier meats for the kcals. Drink a protein shake with a scoop or 2 of protein powder, couple tbsp of natty peanut butter, fruit all blended together between prac 1 and 2 with a pb & j or two. Big omelette and oats for breakfast. Answers pretty simple really, he just needs to eat enough to match his energy expenditure for the day. And that number could be pretty damn high.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

2 much eating would probably lead to chunks all over the field. During 2-A-Days water displacement and hydration control is everything hands down. Some guys lose from 1lb-8lbs in one practice and see it the worst after about the 3rd day or so. He would literally need to drink every random instance he could. That combined with Ensure after practice makes for a great quick liquid snack and a Gallon jug would help him out the most. I and several teammates used this method and it wasnt that expensive at all and no GI issues. Eating balanced meals is just as important but the water shed is an athletes #1 downfall. Hope my 2 cents helps a bit.

Sadly adding weight during camp is almost impossible as the stress the body is under is ridiculous and the gains are hard to convert on the field. At Safety an extra 5lbs makes a big difference on the backpedal. If he can just maintain weight through camp, He will be ahead of numerous others, as it is NOT easy to do
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
    •   

Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

To address your too much eating point: that's why I said 2 frozen pizzas and the meat after practice #2. I don't think a protein shake/pb&j is very heavy between practices to where you'd feel the need to puke. I do agree however that in this case liquid calories are definitely a good idea as well. Literally just have him get in the most calories he possibly can without effecting him on the field. Give the kid a pint of ice cream every night too...ef it he's 16 and 170 lbs I'm sure he has a fast ass metabolism without going through 2 a days.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Definitely eat a lot. Moderate breakfasts, followed by a large meal directly after morning drills, a large lunch and a small snack before afternoon practice followed by a large dinner and basically another dinner before bed always worked for me.
    Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.

Thanks guys yes he is non stop has trouble sitting still deadlifted with him 2 days ago and he pulled 4053 pretty good for 170 and someone who doesnt really lift heavy ill pass all this info on thanks
    Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.

I should of mentioned this before we dont have traditional two a days usually a two hour practice an hour break then another 2 hour practice im pretty sure they feed the kids in between pretty sure there done and out of the heat by 2 not sure if this matters
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger76 View Post
    I should of mentioned this before we dont have traditional two a days usually a two hour practice an hour break then another 2 hour practice im pretty sure they feed the kids in between pretty sure there done and out of the heat by 2 not sure if this matters
    More time to eat after the second practice then
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hydration is what's most important. If they feed them in between that's great but he shouldn't be worried about shoveling it in then.

Plan calorie dense meals around practice times. Early in the morning or evenings. At that age he could literally eat 3-4 Big Macs for the calories and it probably wouldn't hurt him a bit because he burns calories so quickly. Obviously we would want to promote good life-long eating habits and decisions if we can, but sometimes you just need to eat an entire large pizza. Lol

Another thing that saved me through college practices and two a days and this is going to sound weird but go-gurts. The chilled yogurt in tubes for kids. I think that's what they were called.
    Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.

He only lost 4lbs we were happy with that.
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Some weight loss is inevitable during 2 days but I'd hive him an extra 2K cals since he's a safety and his metabolism and activity level would use it up. I don't know how I survived 8 years of double days !
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

And how did you feed him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger76 View Post
    He only lost 4lbs we were happy with that.
    Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.

He concentrated on staying hydrated and used the little free time he had to eat rest and relax he's a high strung kid so its not easy for him to sit still pretty sure he used a calorie calculator on his phone to make sure he was getting his calories in.
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome news im glad he made it with a minimal weight loss, hope he stays injury free and kills his season!
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 07:31 AM
  2. Low intensity cardio during the day
    By Anarchy939 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
  3. Dietary Diversity, Diet Quality, And Body Weight Regulation
    By Dwight Schrute in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 03:18 PM
  4. m-1-t dosing and body weight?