Burn out from bulking - AnabolicMinds.com

Burn out from bulking

  1. New Member
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    2869

    Reputation

    Burn out from bulking


    So I've been bulking for the last 5 mos and have put on 30 lbs. I've been following an Ed coan powerlifting template and have made substantial size/strength gains. For the past 3 weeks though, eating has been a chore. I have little to no appetite and often times have to swig water with food in my mouth just to get it down. I have heard of developing allergies to certain food when eaten in over abundance. Hopefully, this is not the case. Everything I eat is of organic nature. Maybe I should recomp for 4 wks or so and then jump back into my bulk? Any feedback?

  2. Elite Member
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,540
    Rep Power
    7316257

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    So I've been bulking for the last 5 mos and have put on 30 lbs. I've been following an Ed coan powerlifting template and have made substantial size/strength gains. For the past 3 weeks though, eating has been a chore. I have little to no appetite and often times have to swig water with food in my mouth just to get it down. I have heard of developing allergies to certain food when eaten in over abundance. Hopefully, this is not the case. Everything I eat is of organic nature. Maybe I should recomp for 4 wks or so and then jump back into my bulk? Any feedback?
    Has your activity level decreased? I've been on a bulk for quite a while now and have encountered this from time to time. If I raise my activity level during the day up it normallly subsides though. Bulking can be fun, but eventually eating so much catches up to you. You could also try out Anabeta. My appetite skyrocketed when I used it.

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  3. New Member
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    2869

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    Has your activity level decreased? I've been on a bulk for quite a while now and have encountered this from time to time. If I raise my activity level during the day up it normallly subsides though. Bulking can be fun, but eventually eating so much catches up to you. You could also try out Anabeta. My appetite skyrocketed when I used it.
    Yeah I would say my overall activity has decreased. Power training now vs bodybuilding before. Also less cardio. My carbs have been pasta, jasmine rice, and oats. Haven't been eating fruit or vegetables. I did anabeta last year and it rocked. I am trying to avoid more pills though in my day to day regimen.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,314
    Rep Power
    2425407

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I second the Anabeta suggestion. My appetite is almost nonstop currently on PCT.

    Maybe add a cardio day or two. If you feel the need for strength building cardio then look into a boxer's workout involving heavy bag and core work.
  5. New Member
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    2869

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    I second the Anabeta suggestion. My appetite is almost nonstop currently on PCT.

    Maybe add a cardio day or two. If you feel the need for strength building cardio then look into a boxer's workout involving heavy bag and core work.
    I am adding 2 days/wk of cardio. Also omitting high glycemic for low glycemic
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Burn out from RPM
    By alwaysgaining in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
  2. My friend 12 weeks out from Jr. Nationals.
    By powerlifter6920 in forum Pics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:17 PM
  4. 2-days out from first contest
    By cgb6810 in forum Pics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 05:38 PM
  5. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in