15 year old questions - AnabolicMinds.com

15 year old questions

1. New Member

15 year old questions

Hey I'm 15 just starting out I'm 5'9 140lbs and was wondering if you guys had any tips for getting clean lean gains, in regards to diet and so on. All is appreciated, thanks!

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by connorj78 View Post
    Hey I'm 15 just starting out I'm 5'9 140lbs and was wondering if you guys had any tips for getting clean lean gains, in regards to diet and so on. All is appreciated, thanks!
    Eat man. That simple. Figure out your TDEE add a surplus of 500calories. 40/40/20 protein carb fat ratio. Utilize heavy compound lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press and strict standing overhead press. Base your workouts around these main lifts. Lift, eat, sleep and repeat
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Eat man. That simple. Figure out your TDEE add a surplus of 500calories. 40/40/20 protein carb fat ratio. Utilize heavy compound lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press and strict standing overhead press. Base your workouts around these main lifts. Lift, eat, sleep and repeat
    this^ find TDEE eat 10-20% above TDEE .4-1g fat per lb BW 1g protein per pound bw. fill the remainder of calories in with a mixture of fats/carbs/proteins as you please.
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I disagree with both of them.

For most people I would recommend that type of modest surplus.

However, at your age/height/weight you should eat literally as much as you can.

I fell to the mistake of trying to keep my gains as clean as possible in High School and did all that calorie tracking and graduated at 5'9" 142 (also what I enlisted at).

I didn't really start making progress (BW wise) until I just ate more, I "dirtied" up my food choices more but still was able to stay lean as long as my training stayed on point.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I disagree with both of them.

For most people I would recommend that type of modest surplus.

However, at your age/height/weight you should eat literally as much as you can.

I fell to the mistake of trying to keep my gains as clean as possible in High School and did all that calorie tracking and graduated at 5'9" 142 (also what I enlisted at).

I didn't really start making progress (BW wise) until I just ate more, I "dirtied" up my food choices more but still was able to stay lean as long as my training stayed on point.
    i agree here. just dirty bulk and make it easy. bulk on McChickens if you have to. youre too small,too light, and too young to focus on doing it clean. especially since youre in ih school and have less control over your diet
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

If I were you bud I would listen to Jim Buick, I graduated high school at 5'11" 160 and due to knowing next to nothing about nutrition, I ate as clean as possible based on what was in my parents fridge, and unfortunately unless you're doing your own shopping at a place like sam's club, it's hard for you to take in the amount of calories your body needs to grow in a day. My advice to you is to eat everything in sight. If you are an ectomorph, then as long as you can keep yourself full and fueled you should be good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 15 YEAR OLD ON GEAR
    By BAMABEAR in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 08:29 PM
  2. Help with stack? (15 year old gonna get big)
    By j0sh710 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 08:20 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 12:46 PM
  4. Need a supp stack for my 15 Year old brother-
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:15 PM
  5. Question About Glutamine from a 15 year old
    By bodychemistry in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8