Hardgainer help! - AnabolicMinds.com

Hardgainer help!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Hardgainer help!

Alright so I have a friend who is a complete hardgainer. Easily eats 4000+ calories a day and yet stays at sub 10% BF. any tips for him to pack on muscle. I wasn't sure on what advice to give him because I am basically the opposite of him. Thanks any help is appreciated!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

"hardgainers" dont really exist. all he has to do is eat more calories than he burns to gain weight
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
    Alright so I have a friend who is a complete hardgainer. Easily eats 4000+ calories a day and yet stays at sub 10% BF. any tips for him to pack on muscle. I wasn't sure on what advice to give him because I am basically the opposite of him. Thanks any help is appreciated!
    Not knowing his work load or consistency to his training the term can be misleading. I have known guys to say the same thing. Usually they have been overtraining and not eating properly.
    Most have been sticking with a routine to long with no changes or change every other week! He should get a good routine to try say 5/3/1 or 5x5 and stick with the program as it is laid out. Also he may try extra calories(good ones) before bed. Like a good protein shake. Also he needs a good supplement plan. Start with the basics: Creatine, multi-vitamin, pre-workout drink ect.... Good luck!!!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Moose45 View Post
    Not knowing his work load or consistency to his training the term can be misleading. I have known guys to say the same thing. Usually they have been overtraining and not eating properly.
    Most have been sticking with a routine to long with no changes or change every other week! He should get a good routine to try say 5/3/1 or 5x5 and stick with the program as it is laid out. Also he may try extra calories(good ones) before bed. Like a good protein shake. Also he needs a good supplement plan. Start with the basics: Creatine, multi-vitamin, pre-workout drink ect.... Good luck!!!
    Thanks! i set him up with some creatine monohydrate. C4, and animal pak for multi. HE also picked up a couple tubs of Weight gainer protein. not sure what brand, but it has a little over 600 calories per serving so that should help him out!

Similar Forum Threads

1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  2. Skinny Fat Hardgainer Needs HELP!!!!
    By TrumpetLegend in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 09:04 PM
  3. hardgainer, less is more my ass? help plz
    By steinmasta in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 10:55 PM
  4. Hardgainer! Help!