Need help !!!

MeatHead1o1

MeatHead1o1

Awards
I am currently trying to bulk up while not putting on too much fat. Does anyone know the correct formula for the ratio of amount of carbs, calories , and protein per lb. of body weight for mass gains ?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
For lean gains eat about 200-300 calories above maintnence a day. Eat at least one gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. Everyone's views on macros are different
But you can do 40/40/20 thats 40 percent of cals from carbs 40 from protein an 20 from fats.

MeatHead1o1

MeatHead1o1

Awards
For lean gains eat about 200-300 calories above maintnence a day. Eat at least one gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. Everyone's views on macros are different
But you can do 40/40/20 thats 40 percent of cals from carbs 40 from protein an 20 from fats.
I'm really not to sure how much I currently consume to "maintain" I just usually eat pretty healthy I guess. But I'm trying to get mathematical about all this so I can get lean gains . Not really sure what "macros" are? What about fat %? I weigh 215 and I'm trying to gain muscle and burn fat .

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Ah okay I gotchya. New to iron lifestyle?

Macros are your macro nutrients. Carbs fats an protein. Like I said shoot for 40 percent carb 40 protein and 20 fat.

There's plenty of calorie calculators online you can use just find your BMR(with a clculator) and add whatever you're burning off with cardio and lifting then add a bit more for a calorie surplus. Make sure you base most of your carbs on the glycemic index (look it up) as it will give you a slow drip of energy rather than quick saturation from simple carbs.

Eat one gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. So you want at least 200 grams of protein a day.

MeatHead1o1

MeatHead1o1

Awards
Ah okay I gotchya. New to iron lifestyle?

Macros are your macro nutrients. Carbs fats an protein. Like I said shoot for 40 percent carb 40 protein and 20 fat.

There's plenty of calorie calculators online you can use just find your BMR(with a clculator) and add whatever you're burning off with cardio and lifting then add a bit more for a calorie surplus. Make sure you base most of your carbs on the glycemic index (look it up) as it will give you a slow drip of energy rather than quick saturation from simple carbs.

Eat one gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. So you want at least 200 grams of protein a day.
I've been lifting for a couple of years but my nutrients and food intake has always needed to be improved . And now is the time. So what you saying essentially that I need to eat at least 40% carbs of my 215lb body weight which would be about 80 grams of carbs or so?

Clive

Awards
If you need and trying to bulk or gain weight. Then you need to change your regular diet plan. Add some extra fats and calories in your diet.m Eat banana's as much as you can, take banana milk shakes. And do some regular walk and exercise in morning. Sleep well and in time in night, which will certainly help to improve your health.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I've been lifting for a couple of years but my nutrients and food intake has always needed to be improved . And now is the time. So what you saying essentially that I need to eat at least 40% carbs of my 215lb body weight which would be about 80 grams of carbs or so?
No. What he's saying is to eat 40% of your calories from carbohydrate sources.

Each macronutrient has a calorie value per gram (carbohydrate=4 cals, protein=4 cals, and fat=9 cals)

So for the ease of math let's say you consume 1,000 cals a day (obviously not the case), you would need 40% of your 1000 calories to come from carbs. (1000/.4=400 calories need to come from carbs) (400 calories/4 cals a gram=100 grams)

May have explained that weird but you get it?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
buy a food scale and use it. its the best way for cnting calories, which is what you need to learn to do.

and if you really want to simplify things just count calories and protein. as long as you eat semi clean, you wont have to worry about counting fat or carbs. as long as you get enough protein and calories in throughhout the day to fit your goal

just trying to keep it simple for you op. too much thinking leads to over analyzing which leads to insanity. just start one step at a tme