Blending breakfast?

  1. Question Blending breakfast?


    I've had pretty awesome success in gaining so far. I got back from Afghanistan in May and have put on 25 pounds of pretty lean weight since then. This has all been due to working out properly and eating right.

    My question is this... Currently I eat 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, and a banana for breakfast. I fry the eggs. Would there be any issue with just blending all that together and drinking it for breakfast? I wouldn't be cooking the eggs anymore, just eating them raw. Seems like digestion would be easier. Just curious because it would save me some time in the morning and it wouldn't be so hard to gag down.

    Thanks!


  2. If it tastes okay i dont see why not. Personally, it would use pasturized egg whites from a bottle to avoid the risk of food poisoning. It saves a lot of time too.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

  3. Quote Originally Posted by IPOM
    I've had pretty awesome success in gaining so far. I got back from Afghanistan in May and have put on 25 pounds of pretty lean weight since then. This has all been due to working out properly and eating right.

    My question is this... Currently I eat 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, and a banana for breakfast. I fry the eggs. Would there be any issue with just blending all that together and drinking it for breakfast? I wouldn't be cooking the eggs anymore, just eating them raw. Seems like digestion would be easier. Just curious because it would save me some time in the morning and it wouldn't be so hard to gag down.

    Thanks!
    No issue at all, saves the chewing. Like the previous poster said use pasteurized eggs if you can, food poisoning isn't the best addition to a bulk diet. Reminds me of the time I decided to throw chop meat and water in a blender, sick of chewing for hours on end haha.
    •   
       


  4. There's something with the admin and the eggs to get the complete protein of the egg and it happens when it's cooked. I'll try and find it but its not a big issue, IMO. I believe the pasteurized egg whites it's a none issue

    I used to hammer 6 raw eggs before class in college for a while (had to squeeze those extra 15min of sleep) GFH!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    There's something with the admin and the eggs to get the complete protein of the egg and it happens when it's cooked. I'll try and find it but its not a big issue, IMO. I believe the pasteurized egg whites it's a none issue

    I used to hammer 6 raw eggs before class in college for a while (had to squeeze those extra 15min of sleep) GFH!!!!
    I think as long as they're consumed before they warm up, there's little to no chance of food poisoning.

    As for the protein... I read in a biology book back in college that frying an egg actually damages the protein. I think it was called denaturing.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by IPOM

    I think as long as they're consumed before they warm up, there's little to no chance of food poisoning.

    As for the protein... I read in a biology book back in college that frying an egg actually damages the protein. I think it was called denaturing.
    Protein denatures in your stomach anyways-HCL tends to have that effect.
    Concern = overblown

  7. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Protein denatures in your stomach anyways-HCL tends to have that effect.
    Concern = overblown
    Thanks!

  8. other than probably not tasting very good I see no issue although I have heard that eating to many raw egg whites can cause a biotin deficiency but I highly doubt that would be a problem unless you were eating several dozen a day

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    other than probably not tasting very good I see no issue although I have heard that eating to many raw egg whites can cause a biotin deficiency but I highly doubt that would be a problem unless you were eating several dozen a day
    Thanks! Yeah, I tried cooking the eggs and blending them with everything else. I almost didn't get it all down... It turned into a brick. So now I just fry the eggs and eat them separately, and blend everything else.

  10. I'd throw in some whey and some honey to give it some nice flavour!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. whey or a blend for a breakfast pre workout meal
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
  2. breakfast blend
    By purelife1 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 06:50 PM
  5. High Calorie breakfast for the "smaller guy"
    By Lifeguard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Log in
Log in