weight gain advice - AnabolicMinds.com

weight gain advice

1. New Member

weight gain advice

Ok, I'm 6'2" 209 lbs 7.6% bf lbm of 189 lbs. I'm a natural bb competitor and would like to find the fastest way to be a lbm of 200.

My diet is
    3 am pre workout
    1.5 scoop craze
    5g bcaa

4 am workout
    1 scoop protein
    5g bcaa

5 am post workout
    1 scoop protein
    3g Daa
    1 scoop creatine punch

6:30 am
    8oz soy milk
    1/2 cup fiber one cereal
    1 tbls peanut butter
    Mixed nuts

8:30 am
    1.5 turkey burger
    1/2 cup broccoli
    Mozzarella cheese
    9g fiber powder

10 am
    2 tbls peanut butter
    Mixed nuts

11:30 am
    2 turkey burgers
    1/2 cup broccoli
    Mozzarella cheese
    9g fiber powder

2 pm
    1 tbls peanut butter
    Mixed nuts

3 pm
    1.5 turkey burger
    1/2 cup broccoli
    Mozzarella cheese

6 pm
    7 egg whites
    1 tbls peanut butter
    Mixed nuts
    9g fiber powder

8 pm
    10g glutamine

I also take fish oil twice a day

About 3400 calories
    220 fat
    174 carbs
    210 protein
    50 fiber

2. New Member

Oops correction 205 lbs not 209
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Why not up calories? Diet seems in check but 3400 seems a bit low for 200 lbs
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Im taking in 32-3400 on my weight training days and I weigh a wopping 147 lbs.. eat more bro lol.. more carbs more protein, you have a ton of fat in your diet.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Way too much fiber. At that high, you run the risk of not absorbing micronutrients.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. New Member

To mason, curious what your diet is and are you using all whole foods and do you use a app or food calculator to know where your really at? Also if I use to many carbs won't it create to much insulin and cause a negative effect? Please don't take this wrong I'm just want more info behind what your saying, thanks for your reply
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    Way too much fiber. At that high, you run the risk of not absorbing micronutrients.
    I see what your saying but my high fiber I think is supposed to help counter the high cholesterol in my diet. Do you know if this is true? Thanks for reply
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Manypoint View Post
    I see what your saying but my high fiber I think is supposed to help counter the high cholesterol in my diet. Do you know if this is true? Thanks for reply
    Dietary cholesterol and saturated fat has not been shown to have a major effect on serum cholesterol.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. New Member

Dietary cholesterol and saturated fat has not been shown to have a major effect on serum cholesterol.
    Nice to know, I will cut fiber down right away. Appreciate the help
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

To mason, curious what your diet is and are you using all whole foods and do you use a app or food calculator to know where your really at? Also if I use to many carbs won't it create to much insulin and cause a negative effect? Please don't take this wrong I'm just want more info behind what your saying, thanks for your reply

My diet consists of chicken breast, ground turkey burgers, oatmeal, eggs, broccoli, natural pb, and brown rice mostly. I count all my cals / macros on paper because I have a ghetto phone.. and I suck at microsoft excel..I take in around 32-3400 cals on days that I lift 3x a week and 22-2400 on my offdays. At your weight I think you can consume more than 174g carbs without having a negative effect..

Everybody's body will react differently to different macro ratios.. I know people who stay single digit bf while bulking with over 350g carbs a day, some people need to stay lower.. its all trial and error, but for me I am taking in around 250-300 carbs on my training days, and doing 50-150 on non lift days.

Either way I just think 3400 calories might be a little low for you to gain weight, even as a slow bulk.
  11. New Member

Also I did try 275g protein and 354g carbs for a month with only a 2 lbs weight gain and a 1%bf gain.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18

My diet consists of chicken breast, ground turkey burgers, oatmeal, eggs, broccoli, natural pb, and brown rice mostly. I count all my cals / macros on paper because I have a ghetto phone.. and I suck at microsoft excel..I take in around 32-3400 cals on days that I lift 3x a week and 22-2400 on my offdays. At your weight I think you can consume more than 174g carbs without having a negative effect..

Everybody's body will react differently to different macro ratios.. I know people who stay single digit bf while bulking with over 350g carbs a day, some people need to stay lower.. its all trial and error, but for me I am taking in around 250-300 carbs on my training days, and doing 50-150 on non lift days.

Either way I just think 3400 calories might be a little low for you to gain weight, even as a slow bulk.
    I see, well I agree with needing more calories just trying to figure out the best way and not go over 10% bf. Really appreciate the feedback thanks
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I see, well I agree with needing more calories just trying to figure out the best way and not go over 10% bf. Really appreciate the feedback thanks
    Np, if you are trying to keep the fat down just add calories slowly.. but I'm sure you could hit at least 250g carbs on your lift days, that's nothing really.. just up your cals slowly until you are gaining like 0.5lbs a week.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Also I did try 275g protein and 354g carbs for a month with only a 2 lbs weight gain and a 1%bf gain.
    What was your total macro breakdown during this phase?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. New Member

What was your total macro breakdown during this phase?
    45/30/25 3200 calories
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

45/30/25 3200 calories
    How was the body comp measured?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. New Member

How was the body comp measured?
    Caliper
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Caliper
    There's your problem. They're horribly, horribly inaccurate and are easily skewed by subQ water.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. New Member

There's your problem. They're horribly, horribly inaccurate and are easily skewed by subQ water.
    Ok, but even with a four week average? Mabey I'm just a little impatient. So what's a realistic muscle gain? I need about ten more pounds and would like to see that gain within a year.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Ok, but even with a four week average? Mabey I'm just a little impatient. So what's a realistic muscle gain? I need about ten more pounds and would like to see that gain within a year.
    4 weeks is not enough time to gauge the efficacy of anything at your stage. At minimum, 3 months should be devoted to gauge changes into diet and/or training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. New Member

4 weeks is not enough time to gauge the efficacy of anything at your stage. At minimum, 3 months should be devoted to gauge changes into diet and/or training.
    Yeah your right and I know this just being impatient lol. I've been in the fitness field since 1998 with some breaks in that time. May I ask you for your background? Goals, fitness exp, ext.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Yeah your right and I know this just being impatient lol. I've been in the fitness field since 1998 with some breaks in that time. May I ask you for your background? Goals, fitness exp, ext.
    I've been training for a little over 10 years, have both my B.S. and M.Ed. in Ex Phys/Kines, fought pro in MMA, and currently powerlift.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. New Member

I've been training for a little over 10 years, have both my B.S. and M.Ed. in Ex Phys/Kines, fought pro in MMA, and currently powerlift.
    Very nice, I started out back in the day power lifting with no xp now I have some repercussions from it but have learned a lot over the years.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice on weight gain
    By highandmighty in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
  2. Needs weight gaining advice
    By Lhendryx81 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 06:25 PM
  3. weight gain advice please!
    By shamsky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10