Bulking after surgery - help plz

  1. New Member
    jackiemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    307
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

    Bulking after surgery - help plz


    Hey fellas,

    Here's the story..
    I play college hockey and have had a season ending injury, which doesn't allow me in the gym! Something I'm extremely UNHAPPY about! I've always been a hard gainer, but managed to get myself to 190lbs.

    Now I'm sitting at 180 as I've been off the ice and out of the gym for some time now. I'm looking for some help putting together a good/clean diet to help myself get back to 190 as fast as possible. I used to do 6 meals a day and would like to stick to that plan.

    Any advice is good advice.

    Cheers!

  2. New Member
    Medical420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    145807
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    99.46%

    Are you able to work out now?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
  3. New Member
    jackiemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    307
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Medical420
    Are you able to work out now?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    I just got the "ok" this morning to start working out again
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Medical420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    145807
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    99.46%

    Awesome bro and welcome to AM, a lot of great people here to help you.

    10lbs is very easily achievable with diet and proper training.
    I'm not much help for a meal plan, i can tell you for proteins, BWx1.5, include turkey,chicken, eggs, lean red meats, fish, pork. Fruits and vegs (leafy greens, red potatoes, yams, etc), nuts(almonds), seeds, oatmeal (not quick-made), , whole grain breads/Pastas, rices. 8/6/4/3/2/1 meals a day doesn't matter, but do what you are comfortable with. total daily cal is what is important. A good start is 3000-3500kcal/day.
    You can track easily with MyFitnessPal app/website. Add some supps like fish oil, multivitamin (ex Adam), protein shake. Check out the supps forum too, a lot of amazing supps out there to help improve all aspects of training/fitness.



    This should get the ball rolling for you. Some of the other peeps here will help with a layout, Some great people here, enjoy!

    Good luck brother



    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
  5. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    54646
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    51.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    There are a number of ways to put on mass. Training style can depend. Are you looking to be fast and functional or just put on size at this point?
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  6. New Member
    jackiemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    307
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Medical420
    Awesome bro and welcome to AM, a lot of great people here to help you.

    10lbs is very easily achievable with diet and proper training.
    I'm not much help for a meal plan, i can tell you for proteins, BWx1.5, include turkey,chicken, eggs, lean red meats, fish, pork. Fruits and vegs (leafy greens, red potatoes, yams, etc), nuts(almonds), seeds, oatmeal (not quick-made), , whole grain breads/Pastas, rices. 8/6/4/3/2/1 meals a day doesn't matter, but do what you are comfortable with. total daily cal is what is important. A good start is 3000-3500kcal/day.
    You can track easily with MyFitnessPal app/website. Add some supps like fish oil, multivitamin (ex Adam), protein shake. Check out the supps forum too, a lot of amazing supps out there to help improve all aspects of training/fitness.

    This should get the ball rolling for you. Some of the other peeps here will help with a layout, Some great people here, enjoy!

    Good luck brother

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Thank you very much for the help. Guess I'll have to change my grocery list for this weekend! I appreciate it man!
  7. New Member
    jackiemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    307
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    There are a number of ways to put on mass. Training style can depend. Are you looking to be fast and functional or just put on size at this point?
    Well I have to miss the rest of the season so I'm looking to add back the size I lost since being out of the game. Being fast and functional would be a big plus of course.
  8. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    54646
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    51.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I was going to suggest german volume training or the Program by pro bodybuilder Ben Pakulski called mi40.
    While you have to pay for the later program (technically)-it can be found if you look around) I think it may suite you because you are recovering from injury. Essentially, it focuses on time under tension with moderate weight and intensifier techniques to put on size as opposed to lifting heavy weight with the risk of injury. I think this would be safer if you're recovering from a major injury.

    The program also comes with nutrition plans and 2.3gb of videos that show you how to perform each exersise to perfection using his style. Its well worth picking up! I halved the weight i was lifting on some exersises and ended up sorer than ever! Its good stuff. Everything from the program can be applied in every other program you do later.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  9. New Member
    Medical420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    145807
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    99.46%

    I have been doing high (15-20) reps low-mid (50% or less) weight for approx 6 weeks due to permanent injury. I am extremely happy with the results. It's an adjustment from knowing only heavy. I throw a heavy set in where I can. Heavy gave quicker results but lighter is better for this situation.

    What was your injury if you don't mind?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
  10. New Member
    jackiemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    307
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    I was going to suggest german volume training or the Program by pro bodybuilder Ben Pakulski called mi40.
    While you have to pay for the later program (technically)-it can be found if you look around) I think it may suite you because you are recovering from injury. Essentially, it focuses on time under tension with moderate weight and intensifier techniques to put on size as opposed to lifting heavy weight with the risk of injury. I think this would be safer if you're recovering from a major injury.

    The program also comes with nutrition plans and 2.3gb of videos that show you how to perform each exersise to perfection using his style. Its well worth picking up! I halved the weight i was lifting on some exersises and ended up sorer than ever! Its good stuff. Everything from the program can be applied in every other program you do later.
    Hmm that Mi40 program sounds interesting! Thanks for the insight bro
  11. New Member
    jackiemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    307
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Medical420
    I have been doing high (15-20) reps low-mid (50% or less) weight for approx 6 weeks due to permanent injury. I am extremely happy with the results. It's an adjustment from knowing only heavy. I throw a heavy set in where I can. Heavy gave quicker results but lighter is better for this situation.

    What was your injury if you don't mind?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    The doc told me I have a posterior sternoclavicular dislocation. Basically means my collar bone is behind my sternum. Very painful haha
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HELP WITH KEEPING SIZE AFTER SURGERY
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
  2. MY routine (help plz)
    By size72 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:15 AM
  3. Need some QUICK HELP PLZ! Sore/Lumpy Nipples
    By Prime Rib in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:34 AM
  4. Steroids May Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery
    By Beelzebub in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:10 PM
  5. How much muscle can expect to lose after surgery?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in