1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.67%

My 4 day bulking routine

Hey guys/girls,

I am still cutting for another month or so but I am already in the process of planning my bulking phase. I just wanted to see some opinions on my planned 4 day bulking routine. My main goal is to to put on lean muscle as well as strength.

SIZE AND STRENGTH:

MONDAY - SQUATS, WEIGHTED PULLUPS, T-BAR ROWS, SHRUG, CURL.
    TUESDAY - INCLINE DB, FLAT BB, MILITARY PRESS, DIPS, Side rasies
    WEDNESDAY - REST OR CARDIO/ABS
    THURSDAY - SQUATS OR DEADLIFTS, BARBELL ROW, DUMBBELL ROW, PULLUPS, SHRUG, CURL
    FRIDAY - FLAT BB, INCLINE DB, MILITARY OR DB PRESS, DIPS, X1 TRICEP ISO

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps for the compounds movements. I am only 145lbs so my main focus is to just smash out the compound movements with some isolation movements to finish my workouts off.

Opinions would be great!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by JMuscleLDN View Post
    Hey guys/girls,

I am still cutting for another month or so but I am already in the process of planning my bulking phase. I just wanted to see some opinions on my planned 4 day bulking routine. My main goal is to to put on lean muscle as well as strength.

SIZE AND STRENGTH:

MONDAY - SQUATS, WEIGHTED PULLUPS, T-BAR ROWS, SHRUG, CURL.
    TUESDAY - INCLINE DB, FLAT BB, MILITARY PRESS, DIPS, Side rasies
    WEDNESDAY - REST OR CARDIO/ABS
    THURSDAY - SQUATS OR DEADLIFTS, BARBELL ROW, DUMBBELL ROW, PULLUPS, SHRUG, CURL
    FRIDAY - FLAT BB, INCLINE DB, MILITARY OR DB PRESS, DIPS, X1 TRICEP ISO

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps for the compounds movements. I am only 145lbs so my main focus is to just smash out the compound movements with some isolation movements to finish my workouts off.

Opinions would be great!

Look for West Side for Skinny Bastards or Wendler 5/3/1...best 4 day routines for beginners and they will teach you to split UPPER and LOWER body...and you will learn about progression, rep ranges, and training MOVEMENTS NOT MUSCLE GROUPS...

Bulkin is achieved by nutrition anyway, so revisit your concepts on it and reprogram your diet to be on a proper surplus and Macro-nutrient allotment.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.36%

Your routine looks solid.
    What will be most important to your success will be your diet.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

(Insert what Celorza said here) - could not have said it better myself.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post
    Your routine looks solid.
    What will be most important to your success will be your diet.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    He should be doing Abs with lower body exercises as assistance. In what way are Pull Ups ok in a lower body focused day? That is if his monday was lower body, but it seems like he is mixing Back and Lower body...he will be better off learning about movements and proper splitting of the body and movements rather than thinking like a "split-the-muscles" kind of trainee...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.18%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

He should be doing Abs with lower body exercises as assistance. In what way are Pull Ups ok in a lower body focused day? That is if his monday was lower body, but it seems like he is mixing Back and Lower body...he will be better off learning about movements and proper splitting of the body and movements rather than thinking like a "split-the-muscles" kind of trainee...
    Think hes going with compression and decompression spine movements. Squats=compression, weighted pull ups decompression.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.67%

Hey, I've actually done westside for skinny bastards (i think it was version two) when i played american football with my friends. We switched to the routine i posted above and we made better strength/size gains
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Think hes going with compression and decompression spine movements. Squats=compression, weighted pull ups decompression.
    I actually thought so...but then again look at the rest of the Back-oriented-stuff...looks like he is trying to do Back/chest/rest/back/chest-shoulder on his 4 days...along with SOME meager attempt at legs...when he should be doing more Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Standing OH mainly...and then the rest as assistance...I mean nothing wrong with weighted Pullups and weighted dips! But those are assistance movements...going for plain down isolation movements seems rather un-necessary for a beginner!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%

Hey, I've actually done westside for skinny bastards (i think it was version two) when i played american football with my friends. We switched to the routine i posted above and we made better strength/size gains
    Check out 5/3/1 with the Periodization Bible , or actually...Boring but Big scheme with the BBB challenge! It will get you all the hypertrophy and strength you need! I would know...I am your size...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    He should be doing Abs with lower body exercises as assistance. In what way are Pull Ups ok in a lower body focused day?
    Iron Addict's Simple power based routine used pullups/chinups on the same day as squats and deadlifts
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.67%

Cheers i will check 5/3/1 out, alot of people in the bodybuilding forums seem to be loving that routine
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%

Iron Addict's Simple power based routine used pullups/chinups on the same day as squats and deadlifts
    Idk who is "Iron Addict's" but I can tell you that Wendler , Rippetoe , Norton and other pro trainers have made their homework as far as kinesiology and the metabolic and anabolic effect their workouts have.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%

Cheers i will check 5/3/1 out, alot of people in the bodybuilding forums seem to be loving that routine
    Buy the book, cheap as hell and 90~ pages long...comes with full description in the key stuff needed to do the program.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.2%

Buy the book, cheap as hell and 90~ pages long...comes with full description in the key stuff needed to do the program.
    Plan on running this in a couple months def gotta pick this up.

It's got five stars on amazon..just sayin lol
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.51%

no offense but i dont think he need to be doing any extra ab work if he doesnt want to, good compound excercises should suffice his core and build proper abs if he eats well...

"just one mans' opinion"
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%

Quote Originally Posted by akoli View Post
    no offense but i dont think he need to be doing any extra ab work if he doesnt want to, good compound excercises should suffice his core and build proper abs if he eats well...

"just one mans' opinion"
    No offense but direct core training is good for beginners, once he learns to perform the big compounds perfectly then I agree with you he won't need any extra ab work if he doesn't want to do it. That being said, no reason to do abs on a rest/cardio day since they are also a muscle, unless one falls in the mindset of shredding beach muscles which also doesn't work.

"Just my opinion"
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by akoli View Post

"just one mans' opinion"
    Celorza didnt suggest he do abs... abs are in the OP's original plan, he just suggested moving it to a different day if he was going to do it.

"just the damn facts"
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. 3 day bulking routine 4 days a week
    By luka5 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 05:41 AM
  2. My bulking routine
    By Dillonaur in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 11:47 AM
  3. My bulking routine... any comments welcome
    By soseg in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3