Need help on bulking ratios

  1. Registered User
    h3rnandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Ok so I've planned a clean diet plan:
    Fats: 8%
    Protein: 26%
    Carbs: 65%

    In terms of grams it's:
    Fats: 50.7g
    Protein: 155g
    Carbs: 384g

    It turns out to be 2800 kcal

    I'm 17, 5"10 and 146lb, around 10% bf. this will be my first proper diet plan, can you help me by suggesting good ratios for me to follow and work at, any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks

  2. Registered User
    h3rnandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Also I was thinking about adding in 2 or 3 more whole eggs to bump up the fat content because it's pretty low
  3. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by h3rnandez View Post
    Ok so I've planned a clean diet plan:
    Fats: 8%
    Protein: 26%
    Carbs: 65%

    In terms of grams it's:
    Fats: 50.7g
    Protein: 155g
    Carbs: 384g

    It turns out to be 2800 kcal

    I'm 17, 5"10 and 146lb, around 10% bf. this will be my first proper diet plan, can you help me by suggesting good ratios for me to follow and work at, any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Ratios:
    .45 to .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight.

    1 to 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight (go for one , its better, gives more room for fats and carbs)

    rest of kCals come from carbs.

    75g~ of fat
    150g of protein
    380g~ of carbs.

    2800 kCals , do increase the kCals every week or 2 by 250 or 500 kCals , else you will plateau.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    h3rnandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    Ratios:
    .45 to .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight.

    1 to 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight (go for one , its better, gives more room for fats and carbs)

    rest of kCals come from carbs.

    75g~ of fat
    150g of protein
    380g~ of carbs.

    2800 kCals , do increase the kCals every week or 2 by 250 or 500 kCals , else you will plateau.
    Thanks yeah I will do, what foods do you suggest i could eat to up the protein and fat content without adding too many carbs?
  5. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by h3rnandez View Post
    Thanks yeah I will do, what foods do you suggest i could eat to up the protein and fat content without adding too many carbs?
    If you eat more protein it will be useless, your body won't use it all and you will end up excreting it through urine and stools. More fats will take away a lot of room for carbs, and you need carbs to grow...

    Do NOT be afraid of carbs...

    And I prefer organic, home made , healthy , clean foods.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  6. Registered User
    h3rnandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    If you eat more protein it will be useless, your body won't use it all and you will end up excreting it through urine and stools. More fats will take away a lot of room for carbs, and you need carbs to grow...

    Do NOT be afraid of carbs...

    And I prefer organic, home made , healthy , clean foods.
    Ok I'll keep that in mind, the meal plans basically made up of oats, eggs, chicken, brown rice and veg
  7. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by h3rnandez View Post
    Ok I'll keep that in mind, the meal plans basically made up of oats, eggs, chicken, brown rice and veg
    beef, turkey, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, milk, ezekiel bread, peanut butter (natural) , almond butter (natural), extra virgin olive oil , extra virgin coconut oil...add those.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  8. Registered User
    h3rnandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    beef, turkey, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, milk, ezekiel bread, peanut butter (natural) , almond butter (natural), extra virgin olive oil , extra virgin coconut oil...add those.
    I can't seem to stomach milk. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as I can
  9. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by h3rnandez View Post
    I can't seem to stomach milk. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as I can
    If you have lactose intolerance:

    Almond milk and coconut milk.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  10. Registered User
    h3rnandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    If you have lactose intolerance:

    Almond milk and coconut milk.
    Ok thanks
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. need help on bulking!
    By bbeals00 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 09:34 PM
  2. need help on bulking up
    By mig613 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 04:59 PM
  3. Need Help on Bulking Diet
    By ray1988 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 09:10 AM
  4. Need Help on Bulking
    By TomR2424 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 08:07 PM
  5. need help on a bulking stack. check it out please
    By CrusaderHocky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in