Anabolic Dieting and Bulking

1. Anabolic Dieting and Bulking

I'm a 23 year old female. I'm 5'8 and I weigh 108lbs. My BMI is really low and I want to bulk up. Actually I want to gain lean mass. I don't want to gain fat around my stomach ( which is where it typically stores for me ). I want to continue with my anabolic diet, but I want to grow. Is this possible on this diet and if so what are your tips? Anything you share will be very much appreciated.

2. Anabolic means to grow
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Anabolic means to grow
    But I've read online that it's a cutting diet. On the weekends, should my carbs be completely exaggerated?

4. Are u lifting weights?

5. Yes, I'm currently doing Layne Norton's phat routine. Have you heard of it?
    •   

6. I dont think its a 'cutting' diet per say; because it says it promotes muscle growth; which means caloric excess. This diet its referring to dropping body fat % while simulataneously gaining muscle; can be done through proper diet and training.

Its just getting the body to use fat stores instead of carbohydrate stores to drop BF% because it uses fat for fuel (hence why people train fasted and only BCAAs as fuel) to maximise the amount of fuel used from fat.

I generally limit carbs to <150g per day; much less than my glycogen stores to force them to use fat and three days a week I carb up (on cardio days).

I carb up on cardio days because I hate running on an empty tank.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I dont think its a 'cutting' diet per say; because it says it promotes muscle growth; which means caloric excess. This diet its referring to dropping body fat % while simulataneously gaining muscle; can be done through proper diet and training.

Its just getting the body to use fat stores instead of carbohydrate stores to drop BF% because it uses fat for fuel (hence why people train fasted and only BCAAs as fuel) to maximise the amount of fuel used from fat.

I generally limit carbs to <150g per day; much less than my glycogen stores to force them to use fat and three days a week I carb up (on cardio days).

I carb up on cardio days because I hate running on an empty tank.
    I recently had some bloodwork done and the doctor said I'm in a state of ketosis. I have an abnormal level of ketones in my urine. This being said....Do you think it's time I carb up? ( I do less than 50g of carbs during the week ) I typically don't carb up at all or if I do, it's just during my weekly cheat meal.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: Anabolic Pump and Bulk Pslin (Glucose Support)
    By ferak in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 01:14 AM
  2. Anabolic Diet and Staying Out of Ketosis
    By RobInKuwait in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 09:09 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 03:04 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 12:39 PM
  5. anabolic diet and Epistane