Doing a Leangains bulk.. advice on cals

1. Registered User
    Answers

Doing a Leangains bulk.. advice on cals

Hey guys. I'm looking to add some size and was wondering what calories I should go with to do this. I chose the leangains approach because I like the big meals and would like to minimize the fat gain. I play a lot of sports so I would like to keep bf at a minimum.

Anyways, I'm currently 5'8 - 164 lbs or so. I recently did a cut to lose some bf and now I need to put on some size. I haven't gained much strength in a few months.

Is 2750 workout - 2000 rest day good for a lean bulk? I chose 'lightly active' on the IF calculator since I lift 4 days a week and play basketball Saturday and Sunday mornings. Any advice? Thanks.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Hard to gauge this without plenty of details. The easiest approach would be to start there and either add or subtract cals if weight gain is too slow/fast.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jeffxx View Post
    Hey guys. I'm looking to add some size and was wondering what calories I should go with to do this. I chose the leangains approach because I like the big meals and would like to minimize the fat gain. I play a lot of sports so I would like to keep bf at a minimum.

Anyways, I'm currently 5'8 - 164 lbs or so. I recently did a cut to lose some bf and now I need to put on some size. I haven't gained much strength in a few months.

Is 2750 workout - 2000 rest day good for a lean bulk? I chose 'lightly active' on the IF calculator since I lift 4 days a week and play basketball Saturday and Sunday mornings. Any advice? Thanks.
    In my opinion, you're going to lose weight at those cals. I could be wrong though. Go ahead and try it and watch the scale, adjust as needed.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Like those above have stated its tough to give advice with minimal info but I'd be inclined to start with 2200 off days, 2900 workout days. This is roughly -10, +20. What's your current BF? I'd look at 50/30/20 C/P/F workout days, 30/40/30 Rest days. See how your body responds after a week or two and adjust from here.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice On Bulking
    By P WeeZy in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:32 AM
  2. Need advice on my bulk diet Please.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 11:45 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 09:45 PM
  4. Advice on pre-w/o nutrition & clean bulk