Bulking assistance needed - how do you eat this much food!?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

Bulking assistance needed - how do you eat this much food!?

I am 32, ~200lbs. I should be eating ~3500cal (not being exact with # as this is not the point of the thread). I try for 6 to 8 meals/day due to my work/sleep schedule. I find that I don't hungry enough between the meals to be able to eat as much as I should. After my morning eggs/oatmeal I don't want to look at food for 5 hours but need to eat sooner. Chicken/rice/beans/etc prevents me from eating for another 5 hours. Smaller meals/more often produce the same result. Add all the water on top of that and I fail miserably. I tried bitters as they supposed to increase appetite but they don't work for me. The only way I am able to consume the correct amount of food is with the help of THC.

Any suggestions? Anything on the market that is able to increase my appetite? Thanks!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Val_0 View Post
    I am 32, ~200lbs. I should be eating ~3500cal (not being exact with # as this is not the point of the thread). I try for 6 to 8 meals/day due to my work/sleep schedule. I find that I don't hungry enough between the meals to be able to eat as much as I should. After my morning eggs/oatmeal I don't want to look at food for 5 hours but need to eat sooner. Chicken/rice/beans/etc prevents me from eating for another 5 hours. Smaller meals/more often produce the same result. Add all the water on top of that and I fail miserably. I tried bitters as they supposed to increase appetite but they don't work for me. The only way I am able to consume the correct amount of food is with the help of THC.

Any suggestions? Anything on the market that is able to increase my appetite? Thanks!
    Try adding some foods with highir caloric density than what you have listed there. Natural peanutbutter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.... swap out some of your water intake with milk or almond milk for some extra calories.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.55%

^^^That.

Also cut down on the oats for a while and use something that'll digest faster. White rice works well. Oats and other high fiber foods keep the body satiated for quite a while (remember that for when you cut)
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Calorie dense foods buddy. Milk instead of water. Potatoes and whole eggs for breakfast. Steel cut oats are twice as dense as normal oats. If you can't eat em, drink em. Grind the oats to dust, mix with milk and protein, chug chug chug.

Another trick is snacks. If youre health conscious, aim for jerky. If your wallet is real tight, aim for nuts. If you just want calories and don't give a rats ass how, get potatoe chips and Oreos and go to town.

Nutella works if you don't like peanut butter btw. Your appetite just needs training, pardon the bioscience. Once you get used to eating like a beast, it'll get easier
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.82%

Potato chips aren't always bad but it really just depends on who you get them from.

Calories 150

Total Fat 9.0g
    Saturated Fat 2.0g
    Sodium 95mg
    Total Carbohydrates 14.0g
    Dietary Fiber 1.0g
    Sugars 0.9g
    Protein 2.0g

That's the nutrition facts for the chips that I eat. It's somewhat local though.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

Thanks for the advice guys! I should redo my diet this week.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by broda View Post
    Potato chips aren't always bad but it really just depends on who you get them from.

Calories 150

Total Fat 9.0g
    Saturated Fat 2.0g
    Sodium 95mg
    Total Carbohydrates 14.0g
    Dietary Fiber 1.0g
    Sugars 0.9g
    Protein 2.0g

That's the nutrition facts for the chips that I eat. It's somewhat local though.
    whatever you do, avoid the dill pickle chips. they taste like butthole. lol
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.82%

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    whatever you do, avoid the dill pickle chips. they taste like butthole. lol
    That just sounds disgusting I love dill pickles but I feel like the flavored chips would be nasty. Also never got into the whole ketchup flavored chip thing.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

Quote Originally Posted by broda View Post
    That just sounds disgusting I love dill pickles but I feel like the flavored chips would be nasty. Also never got into the whole ketchup flavored chip thing.
    it's a canadian thing I think, like poutine. I'm in Buffalo and all kinds of Canadian things slip over the boarder
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.55%

Pickle chips are delicious, although I have been known to toss the occasional salad....
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

Quote Originally Posted by burnstacp
    Pickle chips are delicious, although I have been known to toss the occasional salad....
    Lol
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'7"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.8%

Have you tried a calorie dense shake. Peanut butter mixed in with a standard protein shake can add lots of calories. I've also seen some pretty good weight gainer products on the market but they leave a lot to desire for taste.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Trickybiz
    Have you tried a calorie dense shake. Peanut butter mixed in with a standard protein shake can add lots of calories. I've also seen some pretty good weight gainer products on the market but they leave a lot to desire for taste.
    Good suggestion here. But I wouldn't spend $50 on a gainer with ~16 servings. Just mix protein and milk with nearly anything:
    Peanut butter
    Nutella
    Oatmeal
    Dextrose or sugar
    Ice cream
    Fruits

Saves a ton of cash, get to micromanage amount of calories in shake, and it tastes better this way
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Choclate milk. Half a gallon has 1300-1400 cals. Around 64 grams protein and approx 250 carbs
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Make meat loaf with lean mince. I have a similar cal intake to you and when i made it and worked out the calories i was nearly done for the day by 3pm, LOL.

2 pounds of mince
    1 cup of wholemeal breadcrumbs
    2 teaspoons of onion powder
    2 teaspoons of garlic powder
    1 teaspoon of oregano
    1/2 cup of diced tomato
    1/2 cup of ground parsley
    1 egg
    1/4 cup of low fat parmasain(sp?) cheese

This should make 8 servings at 440 calories each. Its really easy to get through. I can eat 4 servings easy in a day with some kidney beans. Add in oats +whey for breakfast + chicken for dinner and you will hit your calories easy

You can also do 250g lowfat cottage cheese +1/2 scoop whey +tablespoon of organic penut butter just before bed for extra calories.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

HAHAHA! Sorry, can't really handle milk... If I were to consume that much I could clear out a city block in under 5 min!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

That recipe looks really good! Thanks for the advice!
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Val_0
    HAHAHA! Sorry, can't really handle milk... If I were to consume that much I could clear out a city block in under 5 min!
    Haha lol
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    Make meat loaf with lean mince. I have a similar cal intake to you and when i made it and worked out the calories i was nearly done for the day by 3pm, LOL.

2 pounds of mince
    1 cup of wholemeal breadcrumbs
    2 teaspoons of onion powder
    2 teaspoons of garlic powder
    1 teaspoon of oregano
    1/2 cup of diced tomato
    1/2 cup of ground parsley
    1 egg
    1/4 cup of low fat parmasain(sp?) cheese

This should make 8 servings at 440 calories each. Its really easy to get through. I can eat 4 servings easy in a day with some kidney beans. Add in oats +whey for breakfast + chicken for dinner and you will hit your calories easy

You can also do 250g lowfat cottage cheese +1/2 scoop whey +tablespoon of organic penut butter just before bed for extra calories.
    Hm nice recipe I will try it. Thanks bro
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Val_0

In the morning of a bulk I would like to eat 6 eggs scrambled with 4 rounds of whole meal toast. Sometimes throw a chicken fillet in with it and a protein shake and that is over 1000 calories on its own. For lunch take 2 cans of tuna, 4 rounds whole meal bread, bit of mayo and banana. That's nearly another thousand. Throughout the day have a quest protein bar another whey shake post workout and a post work out meal that rounds up my macros and is 3000+ calories in 3 easy sittings.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

3 Potatoes and 3 eggs with olive oil for breakfast + 2 cups milk = 1000 cals of morning glory

Similar Forum Threads

1. What veggies do you eat and how do you eat them?
    By alih92 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
  2. how do you think this stack will go
    By jjdoherty in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
  3. How do you like this college dinner?
    By Catch24 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
  4. Fruit & Veg - How do you eat yours?