screw cutting

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
started my bulk this past week with a modified 5x5!! whooo! feel so much stronger already now that i can actually eat! when are you guys planning on starting a bulk?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your last cut must have been insane, you got down to 0lbs. How much BF? haha.

serious, im on a bulk now, planning to hit 220 then cut back to about 205ish. Need 4800cals tho. Sure isnt easy to bulk clean

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm gonna wait til mid august I think. This is the first summer I've ever had to really cut and I want to enjoy it while it lasts lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
September my bulk will start! Going to try to stay below 10 percent through summer then do a pretty extreme bulk.

willc86

Awards
can you cut after bulking with programs like p90x or will you lose a lot of muscle mass?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
can you cut after bulking with programs like p90x or will you lose a lot of muscle mass?
Cutting is all about diet. If you want to protect your muscle while on a cut, continue lifting heavy and hard.

willc86

Awards
oh ok, awesome. I think I am going to cut soon because I am getting a bit of a belly.

How long should I do cardio? What do you do for cardio?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting at the end of the month with test n tbol whoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa I can eat again!!!!! Lol hello food bill

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
oh ok, awesome. I think I am going to cut soon because I am getting a bit of a belly.

How long should I do cardio? What do you do for cardio?
I stay lean year round. I've had great success carb cycling.
I don't really do traditional cardio, but I surf, and play a lot of beach volleyball.
If your primary goal is fat loss, I suggest HIIT.
However fat loss is all about your diet.
Good luck.
Peace

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Can I ask since I'm a little confused also.if I continue lifting and training hard while on a cut.then wouldn't I need to eat a lot as in a caloric surplus to gain muscle?then wouldn't it not be a cut but more of a bulk?

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
So how do I manage a cut and build muscle then?

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
So how do I manage a cut and build muscle then?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Recomp...eat a 500 cal surplus on lifting days and 500-700 cal def on burn/cardio/off days
Or go by +20%/-20% kCals , IMO it works better at a +30%/-20% if you are already pretty lean, since you will really need to grow...Otherwise +20%/-35% will be slower but it will be good to really recomp if you have some left over fat :p

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Or go by +20%/-20% kCals , IMO it works better at a +30%/-20% if you are already pretty lean, since you will really need to grow...Otherwise +20%/-35% will be slower but it will be good to really recomp if you have some left over fat :p
Solid advice.
Happy 4th.
Peace

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm going to start bulking after the summer is over. I feel like you should bulk in the fall winter months and cut in the summer spring months

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
imma stay on my lean phase for awhile then bulking till 200lbs.....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah recomp is the way I do it, but gains and mass are much slower imo, if you are patient, its worth the wait (less you have to cut at the end if its done properly). If you just want to gain, then id bulk for like 3 or 4 months solid (max 16kg, most of which is Lean muscle mass anyway; 1kg per week). Then id cut for like 2 months and bulk again

wick3dtrick

wick3dtrick

Awards
Bulking for about two months now and I've gone from 180 to 195 looking to get to 215 then cut. My intake is 4000 cal 220 g pro 400 carbs. I am eating a lot of chicken fish some steak fruit vegis pastas. Taking hgh and formadrol extreme syntha 6 creatine mono multivitamin and amp no loaded. Have pics on profile now will post some next month and so forth till I get to my object weight and how I got there. Also anything anyone wants to add to help me get there as fast as possible I'm all ears. Also if there something I'm doing that could hold me back I'm all ears too.
Thanks for any advice and will post results.

willc86

Awards
Bulking for about two months now and I've gone from 180 to 195 looking to get to 215 then cut. My intake is 4000 cal 220 g pro 400 carbs. I am eating a lot of chicken fish some steak fruit vegis pastas. Taking hgh and formadrol extreme syntha 6 creatine mono multivitamin and amp no loaded. Have pics on profile now will post some next month and so forth till I get to my object weight and how I got there. Also anything anyone wants to add to help me get there as fast as possible I'm all ears. Also if there something I'm doing that could hold me back I'm all ears too.
Thanks for any advice and will post results.

i myself have bulked from 170 to 215. I am 6ft tall.

Honestly, what worked for me the most was just simple creatine monohydrate, peanut butter, oat meal, pre work out and just simple as wal mart protein shake.

what i did was

3 regular meals (10 eggs / whole wheat carbs) (protein source [chicken/fish] potatoes veggies or brown rice about 2 cups) (steak and veggies 2 cups)

and the other 3 i just mix 2 scoops of protein 2 tbs of peanut butter and 1 cup of oatmeal and you have about 600 to 700 calorie meal thats cheap.

you are 18 as well, so you are at a good age.

Most of my work outs have been from these guys, they helped me a lot, so I would take advice from them. so far what has worked best for me is working a muscle group twice a week (legs 2x a week chest 2x a week ect) for 7 to 8 weeks then switch it down to once a week. And once every 6 or so weeks i do 1 light work out

i havent reached the cutting part yet, but i want to get there when I am about 230

evodrag

Awards
I started bulking at 175 10% bf ish last march. Im now 199.9 in am nude after a piss. Im really trying to go to 220-225 while keeping my waist the same or close. Meals are oats, brown rice, wheat anything, whey, greek yogurt, milk, low fat cheese, 2-3 bananas post w/o, chicken and fish. My cals are normally 300g pro, 350-400g carbs, 60-90g fats. Supps are pitbull ns aftermath and V2. And some anabolics of coarse!!!