CRAZY IDEA, Gallon of Liquid Egg Whites Per Day

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I'm a competitive bodybuilder. I weight 195lbs at 31mmBFcalipered 4%, 5' 7'' during this off season.

I have a fast metabolism, and currently take in around ~4,000 calories just to maintain the mass.

My diet mainly consists of lots of steak, chicken, brown rice, olive oil, egg whites, and high gi carbs pre post training (white rice). Also consume lots of greens, raw.

Totals I aim for:
Protein : 400g
Cabrohydates: 250-400g
Fats: 150

My question:

I have acquired a direct source to liquid pasturized egg whites. I have thought about replacing most of the meat in my diet, the 2.5lbs + of meat, with egg whites. I would make up for the drop in fats, by adding in 3 shots of olive oil.

Plan would be to consume a gallon of whites per day. This would come up to exactly 389g of protein. For me to reach 400g, I will only need a small steak, and my brown rice for the day. Thats easily 40+ grams putting me above 400g.

Whats the advantage?

You can drink the eggs, they are pasturized to 100% bioavailability and sterility. I will drink 12-16cups per day, with sugar free chocolate syrup added.

The digestion speed is around 6hrs. For those of you that say you can't just drink powders etc...Well in most cases that is true. Whey protein powder, and soy protein powder, their digestion windows are very short. You only get around 80% bioavailibility, and your body runs out of the protein quickly. The only other popular liquid form of protein would be casein, which does have a longer digestion period. However, eggs whites dominate all. 6hr digestion time, slow released, 100% absorption.

Easily measurable, no longer have to weigh the meat on a scale after cooking.

Lowest phosphorus content, and is shown to be a healthy protein to use with gout patients.

No cooking time obviously, no prep time. Just drink a gallon per day. Maintain the rest of the diet, rice, salad, and add in extra olive oil to total the fats at 150. Much more room in the stomach.

I believe it would also be much easier on my digestive tract. I don't see egg whites backing up the intestines like 4lbs of meat per day. This would also help to keep the waist tighter and stomach smaller. I can also directly account for every gram of protein, and every gram of fat in my diet. There will be zero guess work and approximations relating to protein and fat intake. Carbohydrates will then be of my only need for focus.

Any oppositions?

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
That seems like a good idea. I can only think of one problem, which I'm not even sure of. egg whites have estrogen in them. And if you were to drink a gallon of them a day, that would be a lot of estrogen intake. Not sure if it would be enough to cause a problem or not, just throwing it out there.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
by cutting out that much steak youd be missing out on some vital saturated fat. you would also get less b vitamins and creatine from the steak (although this can easily be supplemented). if you want to use less meat maybe do 1/2 gallon of egg whites and half as much meat as your doing now. I also forsee you having a massive amount of horrendous farts by consuming that many egg whites

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
You're likely to develop an egg allergy eventually

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I think everything should be kept in balance. I think you could get away with a little less meat and drink eggwhites instead, but i dont think you could live off it as your main source of protein. In a cutting phase, yes its good as its low calory, but its a lot of calories to make up for from the lack of meat.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I will do 3/4 gallon for ~300g out of the 400g. I will the rest up with 1 lb of steak per day. This will make up for the saturated fats.

Whoever said I'm likely to develop an egg allergy? Why so?

To the poster about estrogen:
Hormones are fat soluble. So any bad hormones like estrogen would be in the yolk, which is not included.

To the previous poster:

Only reason the calories are lower is because egg whites have no fat. I am making up for the calories lost to the fat, by adding in olive oil shots. Unsaturated fats, much better.

If you calculate the macros by caloric value 400g carbs, 400g protein, 150g of fat is around 4.7k. So ill be still getting plenty of calories.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
It's relatively common in adult hood to develop an egg allergy due to prolonged exposure. It's different for everyone but a possibility if you are consuming a gallon a day.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
egg allergy is the #1 flag. I've been told that even eating 15 eggs per day, which I used to do, can likely cause an allergy to form over time

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will do 3/4 gallon for ~300g out of the 400g. I will the rest up with 1 lb of steak per day. This will make up for the saturated fats.

Whoever said I'm likely to develop an egg allergy? Why so?

To the poster about estrogen:
Hormones are fat soluble. So any bad hormones like estrogen would be in the yolk, which is not included.

To the previous poster:

Only reason the calories are lower is because egg whites have no fat. I am making up for the calories lost to the fat, by adding in olive oil shots. Unsaturated fats, much better.

If you calculate the macros by caloric value 400g carbs, 400g protein, 150g of fat is around 4.7k. So ill be still getting plenty of calories.

1lb of steak will not give you all of the saturated fats that you need. I'd also be concerned about AA variety (or the lack thereof), allergy potential, and overall fat diversity.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
1lb of steak will give me nearly 30g of saturated fat. My total fat intake is 150g+ per day, the rest being unsaturated.

I don't see how the fat intake is inadequate. Its as simple as throwing some peanut butter, cheese, or whole milk into the diet to increase saturated fats if 30g is not enough.

And still, I am not having to consume large quantities of red meat daily which should be easier on the kidneys, should help keep acid levels lower, and if anything, reduce the amount of cattle hormones in my body.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
1lb of steak will give me nearly 30g of saturated fat. My total fat intake is 150g+ per day, the rest being unsaturated.

I don't see how the fat intake is inadequate. Its as simple as throwing some peanut butter, cheese, or whole milk into the diet to increase saturated fats if 30g is not enough.

And still, I am not having to consume large quantities of red meat daily which should be easier on the kidneys, should help keep acid levels lower, and if anything, reduce the amount of cattle hormones in my body.
are you just looking for an easier way to put down your protein rather than having to cook and eat so many whole food meals?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What cut(s) of steak? The PRAL of egg whites is much lower than beef, so you're onto something there, but PRAL alone should not be the determinant. At the price you'd be spending on those, I'd much rather go with free-range, organic eggs and grassfed beef.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
are you just looking for an easier way to put down your protein rather than having to cook and eat so many whole food meals?
Yes. And I'm looking for consistency and space in my stomach. With the whites I can measure them out easily, and save room for more vegetables and carbohydrates. Additionally, egg whites have the 6 hr digestion window making them practically the same as whole food, as far as protein digestion is concerned.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
What cut(s) of steak? The PRAL of egg whites is much lower than beef, so you're onto something there, but PRAL alone should not be the determinant. At the price you'd be spending on those, I'd much rather go with free-range, organic eggs and grassfed beef.
Top sirloin.

My price would make your mind fall apart. Ill be spending less than 6 bucks per gallon.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
silenteuphor

silenteuphor

Awards
I noticed no where in your diet do you mention that you take a Protein supplement/shake (Whey, Soy, Milk, etc). I know you touched on the bioavailability and your egg whites far exceed Whey's, but even at the 80% bioavailability of say 100g Whey Protein shake -- ~80g -- this would fill your stomach up a little less than all that red meat. Would you not agree? I base this only on my experience -- 100g Protein (actually mixed proteins of egg, whey, milk and casein) shake just with water I can gulp down over 5 mins and usually an hour later I am famished for something else.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I noticed no where in your diet do you mention that you take a Protein supplement/shake (Whey, Soy, Milk, etc). I know you touched on the bioavailability and your egg whites far exceed Whey's, but even at the 80% bioavailability of say 100g Whey Protein shake -- ~80g -- this would fill your stomach up a little less than all that red meat. Would you not agree? I base this only on my experience -- 100g Protein (actually mixed proteins of egg, whey, milk and casein) shake just with water I can gulp down over 5 mins and usually an hour later I am famished for something else.

I don't like whey because the digestion rate is too fast, I can't consume more than 40g or I feel like its wasted. Egg whites, I can take down 100g of protein in one drink, and its released over 6hrs. Also eggs have lower phosphorous content, dont make me as bloated, and are easier with the kidneys.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
cropped.jpg

Unlike 99.9% of all the people that claim results on this fourm, ill actually show mine.

Dont have an up to date before pic, but I'm way fuller. Way fuller from the eggs than whey/steak.

tommo90

tommo90

Awards
Unlike 99.9% of all the people that claim results on this fourm, ill actually show mine.

Dont have an up to date before pic, but I'm way fuller. Way fuller from the eggs than whey/steak.[/QUOTE]

Lookin huge!

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
^^^ dude, dont be insulting the forum, never group people together, it makes me sad:(

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
If you've started this, I'm intersted in how it's working out for you.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
ive been doing this for a while. not quite a gallon but prolly half gallon/day

purebred

That seems like a good idea. I can only think of one problem, which I'm not even sure of. egg whites have estrogen in them. And if you were to drink a gallon of them a day, that would be a lot of estrogen intake. Not sure if it would be enough to cause a problem or not, just throwing it out there.
Just like dairy milk has tons of hormones in it as well. LOL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thebigt Supplements 26
grngoloco Anabolics 46
Anabolics 10
Weight Loss 5
refrieddreams Training Forum 19