Help with my diet

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Help with my diet

Just wonted to show my new diet to see if there are any flaws ect. It has just over 3500 cals and 220g of protein but i am worried if anything is missing.

7:00am - 1 multibionta tab, 1 cod liver oil tab with added glucosamine, 1 glucosamine & chondroitin tab, 1 pure cod liver oil tab, 250iu vit e and 500mg vit c

7:15am meal 1 – 2 weetabix (calories 134.3, protein 4.3)

10:00am yogurt (calories 160, protein 5.6) and mini bag of fruit (calories 57)

12:00pm meal 2 – ham buttie (calories 260, protein 15) 2 pork pies (calories 396, protein 10) and strewberry nutri grain bar (calories 133, protein 2)

2:00pm yogurt (calories 160, protein 5.6) and mini bag of fruit (calories 57)

4:30pm meal 3 – oxtail soup (calories 166, protein 7.6) 2 slices of bread (calories 226, protein 9)

gym 1-2 hour work out

protein shake (calories 450, protein 50)

7:00pm meal 4 – chicken or boil in the bag fish (calories 342, protein 40), green veg (micro bag)(calories 50, protein 3.6) and full tin of new potatoes (calories 126, protein 3)

Before bed meal 5 - peanut butter on toast (calories 364, protein 16) protein shake (calories 450, protein 50)

Total
    Calories - 3531
    Protein – 221.7g

2. rva
    Stats
    6'1"  214 lbs.
    Answers

You're not concerned that almost half your protein comes from shakes?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Why ? Is this a bad thing
    •   

4. rva
    Stats
    6'1"  214 lbs.
    Answers

Most people agree that whole food (steak, tuna, chicken) is better for your over health and muscle gain than powders. I take in 50-75g of protein in shakes a day (25g first thing am, 25g pwo, 25g last thing pm).

Obviously my 75g of protein is not much less than your 100g from powders but what I noticed is you only eat a substantial amount of protein in 2 meals. I eat a can of tuna twice a day and protein with lunch and dinner.

But maybe someone else with more experience here will come in to say I'm wrong...
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

I do understand that natural protein will be better but I just can't eat no more I have a small appetite anyway and eating this amount is hard for me. I guess a few raw eggs might not hurt
  6. rva
    Stats
    6'1"  214 lbs.
    Answers

I feel you, I'm the same way. I'm telling you though that a can of tuna with some mustard takes 3-4 bites. I have faith in you...
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Haha I will try adding a tin before my main meal and change my ham filling to tuna
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Really lacking real food. Switch your ham butty for chicken/tuna. Bin your pork pies and nutri bar and have another sandwich. Skip the yoghurt etc so your hungry enough to eat your main meals.

Just me but I'd spread you vitamins throughout the day so they don't fight for absorption.

Real foods always best as long as it's not a micro meal. Supps only really supersede natural food due to fast absorption rate ie post workout.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Ps 1-2 weetabix is pretty terrible, my 4 year old son eats 2 on a morning. I'd at least double it or have porridge aswell. Follow wi some eggs on wholemeal toast or something if poss. Remember Bfast is the most important meal of the day blah blah lol

Good luck
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=StickmanLee;3448303]Really lacking real food. Switch your ham butty for chicken/tuna. Bin your pork pies and nutri bar and have another sandwich. Skip the yoghurt etc so your hungry enough to eat your main meals.

Just me but I'd spread you vitamins throughout the day so they don't fight for absorption.

Real foods always best as long as it's not a micro meal. Supps only really supersede natural food due to fast absorption rate ie post workout.[/QE]

I have only added the pork pies to boost up the calories and I have the nutri grain bar so there are oats ect in my diet. I have the yogurt and friut aswel so i am eating every 2 hours throughout the day
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  177 lbs.
    Answers

These kind of calories are called 'dead' calories. Sure they might give you twice as many cals as your sandwich but your body will use more out of better quality food.

I'm not saying eat 100% clean a few cheat cals are ok depending on your goals.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StickmanLee View Post
    These kind of calories are called 'dead' calories. Sure they might give you twice as many cals as your sandwich but your body will use more out of better quality food.

I'm not saying eat 100% clean a few cheat cals are ok depending on your goals.
    Mass mass and more mass
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
  2. Palumbo Diet lose based Keto Diet
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 07:10 PM
  3. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:31 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 02:48 AM