Bodybuilding/clean bulking foods

1. Registered User
    Answers

Bodybuilding/clean bulking foods

Guys,can you help me to list out food that are easy to get and doesnt empty one's wallet.food that contain lots of clean carbs and protein to help in building muscle or bulking.gonna get to a clean diet from now on cos I haven't been really watching my diet so I kinda gained some muscle but also some fat especially in my tummy region.done some research but I wanna know more on the simple stuff that you guys take in day in day out to get all the nutrients needed.need more ideas!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

oats, essential fats (olive oil, peanuts, almonds, peanut butter, avacado) sweet potatoes, meats, eggs, whole milk, etc.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Ground meat: turkey,beef,chicken(lean of course),eggs and egg whites,tuna,protein(I only use WPI),almonds,brown rice,oatmeal,yams. These all can be purchased in bulk and are not too expensive. The WPI can be though. Chicken breast and steak get thrown into the mix whenever but get pricey. Veggies are cheap and added to the mix as well. I have 4 lbs of ground chicken(taco seasoned) and a lrg tupperware of brown rice sitting in my fridge as I type. It is an easy meal at all times.
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks guys,can I substitute my carbs with mostly veggies,yam,oats and wholemeal bread and not take rice?is the carbs enough for me to bulk and build muscle?.because my family takes white rice and I do not think they're willing to change to brown rice because of me but If i take white rice on my workout days is it alright?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

White rice will be no problem champ
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Answers

cottage cheese + peanut butter, lean meats, eggs are staple, jerky, expensive but awesome is sashimi (i treat myself weekly instead of spending $ on booze) - dont be afraid of seasonings, etc. to make - for example - chicken have varierty (or any other staple food)
    Back.... for real this time
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

ground beef, chicken, brown rice, sweet potato, fish, turkey
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  319 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    ground beef, chicken, brown rice, sweet potato, fish, turkey
    Agreed but sub quinoa for the brown rice. Gets you a few more grams of protein and tastes a hell of a lot better.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks guys for the great help,gonna start with my clean bulk soon.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Answers

weekly sashimi! great idea!! thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    cottage cheese + peanut butter, lean meats, eggs are staple, jerky, expensive but awesome is sashimi (i treat myself weekly instead of spending $ on booze) - dont be afraid of seasonings, etc. to make - for example - chicken have varierty (or any other staple food)
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Answers

I chop up a lot of veges.. potatoes, yams, radishes.. any veges, lay them out on a pan and bake them. I can eat a tray of them easy! little soy sauce on them..oil..
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by johnathan1995 View Post
    is the carbs enough for me to bulk and build muscle?
    Yes. Absolutely. If your eating in calorie excess. I'm currently doing a masters degree in sport nutrition and would recommend carbs as the main source of calories (while meeting protein intake of course).
    And just information for you, most carbohydrates are from plant sources (with SOME exceptions).
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Answers

No problem with white rice, figure it into your macro goals for the day, you're good to go. So long as you are working your ass off in the gym, your body can use simple carbs as well. Me, I like to eat white rice about an hour before workouts, with chicken or whatever a source of protein.
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.
    Answers

Try Quinoa. Its a great protein source too. "one amino acid that Quinoa is especially rich in is lysine. Lysine is the amino acid that is essential for healthy tissue growth as well as repair."

Nutritional value= A quarter of a cup of Quinoa has 160 calories, 2.5 grams of fat (20 calories from fat and 0 grams of saturated fat), 5 mg of sodium, 39g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 0g sugars, 6g protein.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. clean bulking foods that can be eaten quickly
    By kingdong in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  3. Bodybuilding foods?????!!!!!!
    By Xpballer in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 12:09 PM
  4. How clean is clean on a bulking cycle?
    By drguitar78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 02:53 PM
  5. *Most Underrated Bodybuilding Foods*
    By Moyer in forum Bulking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 10:08 PM