how much protein

1. Registered User

how much protein

Just wondered if any one could tell me how much protein I should be taking on daily n how many carbs I should be having and how I work it out ?
    Im looking to bulk up I eats fish pasta chicken , maximuscle protein 3x daily n 6 creatine mono caps a day

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

pound for gram is usually what i stick to i weigh 180lbs so i try to intake about the same amount of grams of my weight when bulking other than that i generally use information that i found on the web stating

How to Calculate Your Protein Needs:

1. Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg
    2. Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm.

Use a lower number if you are in good health and are sedentary (i.e., 0.8). Use a higher number (between 1 and 1.8) if you are under stress, are pregnant, are recovering from an illness, or if you are involved in consistent and intense weight or endurance training.

Example: 154 lb male who is a regular exerciser and lifts weights
    154 lbs/2.2 = 70kg
    70kg x 1.5 = 105 gm protein/day
  3. Registered User

Thanks mate id looked about but not found what I wanted iv been having about 140 but now I know ill up it, am 180 myself and after bulking
    •   

4. TEAM ALLMAX Guy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stuz View Post
    Thanks mate id looked about but not found what I wanted iv been having about 140 but now I know ill up it, am 180 myself and after bulking
    I actually take 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. This works wonders for me. Carbs duringn a bulk are double my bodyweight.

I take in 292-295 grams of protein a day between whole foods then shakes to supplement. 70%-80% of it is from whole foods!
    Carbs I take 400+ a day. This gives me the strength and muscle roundness I desire.

Do this and you will put on serious weight. Keep it Lean and Clean my firend

Remember to keep doing light cardio, once or twice a week 10-15 minutes and do abs consistantly to keep it off your stomach as much as possible!
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

it'll also depend on your physique/genetics, as well as if your on a cycle, etc. but normally i shoot for 1.5g/pound
  6. Registered User

1 gram per lb of body weight is doable without jacking up the rest of your diet. 8 protien shakes and 2 real meals = no growth. eat 100 grams of protien a day of real food, then count your shakes on top of that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:42 PM
  3. For Sale: LG lipo protein...5 lb protein (Protein)
    By spres444 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 07:57 PM