The olive oil experiment

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Yup yup

Im a low carber too. No better way to get lean (for me)
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. That fecal fat is negligable. Your more likely to get diarrhea from evco then cacao butter. I've noticed harder stools with that keto bar
    •   

3. Good to know. I need to get some cacao butter before I can make this darn recipe! lol
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Coconut for Frying: Agreed, they are vastly superior.

Coconut for HDL levels/Cardiovasular Health: With respect to your comment about healthy HDL levels and using Olive Oil in your protein shakes for optimal lipid levels, I would argue Fish Oils as having a superior effect (with Olive POil still beign sa healthy adjunct). That said, monounsaturated fats are e****lent sources of fats for a variety of other issues that Fish Oils are not. One more reason to get ALL your fat sources in excpet for trans-fatty acids. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0504142925.htm

Coconut For HDL: Though coconut oil is 90% saturated fat (compared to around 50% in beef, butter, and lard), a larger percentage is what's called lauric acid, which boosts HDL more than palmitic acid, the saturated fat found predominantly in meat and dairy products. So as saturated fats go, coconut oil is preferable

Coconut for Energy Levels: There is little argument that MCT oils are an e****lent source of energy w/o the elevation in insulin from carbs so theoretically, a heightened level of fat-burning might be achieved.

However, I do recall a study or anecdotal reports whereby athletes were using MCT oils pre-training and within days, the body rendered it useless as an energy source! It's as if the body attentuated it that quickly. I am still trying to locate the actual study. Don't quote me as I am going off of memory which stinks these days. LOL
    I also put cod liver and grapeseed oils in my shake,,, about two tablespoons of each,, 6 tablespoons of oil total

5. Bro - I need to thank you. This stuff is one of the YUMMIEST things I have had in ages! It blows regular EVCO out of the water!

Like you said, spoon it right out of the jar and it's like dessert! It's like comparing a filet mignon to a burger.

No clue how what they do to this stuff b/c it's only ingredient is coconut but man this stuff tastes amazing!

I also just bought this too! (from web site) - cant wait to try. http://www.artisanafoods.com/products/cacao-bliss

Quote Originally Posted by 1newbie View Post
    Coconut oil lovers - try the Artisana brand of coconut butter (not their coconut oil) sold at whole foods. It is coconut oil blended with the coconut meat (7g carbs in 2 tbsp.) it tastes amazing straight out of the jar, like a desert......
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

6. ive never seen cocoa butter where do u find it?

7. can you find coconut butter in stores too or jsut online?

8. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    can you find coconut butter in stores too or jsut online?
    looks liek only online has it.. That artisan link i believe has it.

This chocolate bar is BANANAs. Seriously. When im done with this batch im going to try strawberry protein powder instead of vanilla to see how it tastes.

you can also add shaved coconut, or almonds in there for a little different texture, lots to do with it. Ill probably end up adding som flax seed for some crunch.

9. Amazon.com or Whole Foods

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    can you find coconut butter in stores too or jsut online?
    I still need to buy cacao and cocoa butter

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    looks liek only online has it.. That artisan link i believe has it.

This chocolate bar is BANANAs. Seriously. When im done with this batch im going to try strawberry protein powder instead of vanilla to see how it tastes.

you can also add shaved coconut, or almonds in there for a little different texture, lots to do with it. Ill probably end up adding som flax seed for some crunch.
    •   

10. I could easily go broke on that site

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post

11. livesuperfoods.com is another one.

12. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...tomisedMessage=

Abstract

BACKGROUND: Mulberries are a traditional edible food used to treat
    hepatic disease. The anti-obesity and hypolipidemic effects of mulberry water
    extracts (MWE) have attracted increasing interest. In the present study, MWE
    were assessed for their hepatic lipid-lowering potential when administered in
    fatty acid overload conditions in HepG2 cells.

RESULTS: We found that MWE significantly reduced lipid accumulation,
    suppressed fatty acid synthesis, and stimulated fatty acid oxidation.
    Furthermore, MWE also inhibited acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase activities by
    stimulating adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK). MWE
    attenuated the expression of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1
    (SREBP-1) and its target molecules, such as fatty acid synthase. Similar results
    were also measured in the expressions of enzymes involved in triglyceride and
    cholesterol biosyntheses including glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase,
    3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase, and SREBP-2. In contrast, the
    lipolytic enzyme expression of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor α and
    carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 were increased.

CONCLUSIONS: Our study suggests that the hypolipidemic effects of MWE
    occur via phosphorylation of AMPK and inhibition of lipid biosynthesis.
    Therefore, the mulberry extract may be active in the prevention of fatty liver.
    Copyright 2011 Society of Chemical Industry

13. I'll have to look into this coconut butter. At first I kind of liked EVCO, but now it instantly activates my gag reflex. And this is from someone who loves coconuts. I just can't put down straight oil, even EVOO. So this sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the tip, guys!

14. Macadamia nut oil is where it's at

Similar Forum Threads

1. olive oil?
    By keithdolby in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 03:01 PM
  2. PH/DS with Olive Oil
    By n8te in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
  3. Olive Oil
    By keithdolby in forum Supplements