Advice on Bulking - AnabolicMinds.com

Advice on Bulking

1. New Member

Talking Advice on Bulking

Hey all, so im 16, been going to the gym for 6 months, at around 7 percent body fat, and am definitely an ectomorph. delighted with the results ive gotten, due to my fairly low body fat i look great now! but of course as we all know you can always look better lol. so i do no cardio, lift hard and heavy every week, and eat anything and everything (i have a huge appetite, which you wouldnt be able to tell from looking, could have something to do with me being a teen). thats just my details so you can hopefully give the right advice!

im quite clearly on a calorie surplus (no cardio, large meals), but is it the more calories the better? i dont know whether to get a straight whey protein or a weight gainer with protein in it, im already on a surplus for bulking but should i go further the surplus with another say 1000 calories with a weight gainer?

thanks for reading!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmmcc View Post
    Hey all, so im 16, been going to the gym for 6 months, at around 7 percent body fat, and am definitely an ectomorph. delighted with the results ive gotten, due to my fairly low body fat i look great now! but of course as we all know you can always look better lol. so i do no cardio, lift hard and heavy every week, and eat anything and everything (i have a huge appetite, which you wouldnt be able to tell from looking, could have something to do with me being a teen). thats just my details so you can hopefully give the right advice!

im quite clearly on a calorie surplus (no cardio, large meals), but is it the more calories the better? i dont know whether to get a straight whey protein or a weight gainer with protein in it, im already on a surplus for bulking but should i go further the surplus with another say 1000 calories with a weight gainer?

thanks for reading!
    I rec you DONT get the gasiner. get whey protein and add olive oil to every drink you have , i add about 1-3 shots/oz.
    and for a gainer shake thats better for you do the following in blender:
    1 banana
    2 scoops of whey (50-60g protein)
    25g oatmeal
    2-3 tbs peanutbutter.
    fill with milk or water, blend up and drink.

I also rec maybe adding some creatine daily. 2-3g early in day and 2-3g later on (or after workout)
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ohh and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! :-)
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
    •   

4. New Member

thanks a lot man, will do, repped! haha thanks its good to be here
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

just eat a lot of good food, dont listen to any dumb friends who tell you to eat junk food to bulk up.

i say just keep eating...when you feel like throwing up, you're doing it right.
  6. New Member

funnily enough i friend just tol me today that it doesnt matter what food you eat as long as you get calories, he suggested large amounts of fast food regularly! i just laughed at him
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Good for you man! I'm 17 and bulking too, i found that having a set meal and workout routine really helped. I put about 17 lbs on in 3 or 4 weeks! I agree with what Blergs said although olive oil in every drink is alot of fat, even though it's the right kind… i'd do it just for your shakes. And as you continue bulking your body Will adapt to your calorie intake, so you will have to gradually increase to maintain and continue building.
  8. New Member

thanks bro!
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    I rec you DONT get the gasiner. get whey protein and add olive oil to every drink you have , i add about 1-3 shots/oz.
    and for a gainer shake thats better for you do the following in blender:
    1 banana
    2 scoops of whey (50-60g protein)
    25g oatmeal
    2-3 tbs peanutbutter.
    fill with milk or water, blend up and drink.

I also rec maybe adding some creatine daily. 2-3g early in day and 2-3g later on (or after workout)
    Agree with blergs! This is what i would be doing! Instead of the weight gainer
  10. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i got my weight gainer at 1040 cal. for the morning. thats 2scoops whey, 1cup oats, 1cup yogurt, 2 spoon nat pb., some honey, and 3 fish oil.
    i think i didnt forget anything. im going to start adding 1spn olive oil. thats an extra 120 cal.
    is it over kill, is that too many cal one shot.
    shouldnt it be spread out more through the day.
    i also have about three of these, and 2 whey shakes. spread out.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    i got my weight gainer at 1040 cal. for the morning. thats 2scoops whey, 1cup oats, 1cup yogurt, 2 spoon nat pb., some honey, and 3 fish oil.
    i think i didnt forget anything. im going to start adding 1spn olive oil. thats an extra 120 cal.
    is it over kill, is that too many cal one shot.
    shouldnt it be spread out more through the day.
    i also have about three of these, and 2 whey shakes. spread out.
    you're fine...just make sure you dont eat TOO much past maintenance. i thought i couldnt, but i ended up gaining some fat. the cutting is not worth it >_>
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.

heres my bulk regimen. it works like a charm.

0600: omlet + bacon, egg, cheese sammich.

0800: 800 cal whey protein shake.

1045: fish,chicken breast, or beef steak+ rice or potatoes + brussel sprouts or broccoli + salad

1300: 800 cal whey shake

1600: another serving of protein

1900: huge dinner after workout(making sure to get my fats in with a nice desert as well (: ) + 2 more servings of whey.

2200: casein and a gainer shake

plus remember that your BCAA's are gunna help out too. and i cycle on and off a creatine monohydrate, but more of a 5-10mg regimen.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmmcc View Post
    Hey all, so im 16, been going to the gym for 6 months, at around 7 percent body fat, and am definitely an ectomorph.
    Hey Matthew, I'm sure people could help you a lot better if you gave us your current weight and mentioned roughly the specific servings of your foods. Based on that information we'll be able to give you better advice on your overall diet to help you bulk up. IMO you don't seem to be eating enough based on the meals you listed but I could be wrong depending on your weight. Try an eat a meal every two hours and in between those meals take your shakes/almonds/banana's/sandwiches... But every two hours have a good sized meal and don't worry if you feel full throughout the day, that's a good thing. I am also an ectomorph and since Iv'e been eating this way Iv'e finally started gaining some good weight. Make sure to eat plenty of good carbs, add in some cheese to your meals and don't forget about whole grain bread.

Good luck!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking advice
    By matthew10113 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 02:38 AM
  2. Bulking advice
    By matthew10113 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. Advice on Bulking
    By newbie09 in forum Anabolics