Please help me critique my bulk diet!

  1. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0

    Please help me critique my bulk diet!


    Stats:

    Age = 26
    Height = 63
    Weight = 212
    BF = ~12-13%

    Ok, so Im looking for some opinions on how to go about my next bulk cycle (diet wise). It will be 750mg Test E and 400mg Deca with 20mg Nolva ED. Im going to run it for 12 weeks with a 40mg Dbol frontload. This diet plan is for off days; during my workout days I adjust it a bit to allow better pre workout and post workout nutriton (2:1 ratio dextrose to whey post). I train 3 days/wk all compound exercises.

    My previous cycle I ate 4500 calories, and stuck on the same weight the last 4 weeks of cycle so Im choosing to up the calories and the test dose to keep the size coming this time around.


    Meal 1: Banana, 1 scoop whey, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup whole milk.
    (cals = 835, carbs = 99g, protein = 73g, fat = 18g)

    Meal 2: Pro Complex Gainer
    (cals = 650, carbs = 85g, protein = 60g, fat = 8g)


    Meal 3: 10 oz Boneless chicken breast, 1 cup kidney beans, 1 cup whole milk
    (cals = 645, carbs = 52g, protein = 79g, fat = 10.5g)


    Meal 4: Banana, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup oatmeal
    (cals = 685, carbs = 87g, protein = 65.3g, fat = 10g)


    Meal 5: 8 oz. top sirloin steak, 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup whole wheat pasta
    (cals = 643, carbs = 43g, protein = 57g, fat = 34g)


    Meal 6: Pro Complex Gainer
    (cals = 650, carbs = 85g, protein = 60g, fat = 8g)


    Meal 7: 5 eggs, 1 banana
    (cals = 521, carbs = 31g, protein = 36.5g, fat = 25.5g)


    Meal 8: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 mandarin orange, 1 cup whole milk
    (cals = 380, carbs = 29g, protein = 41g, fat = 13g)


    TOTAL CALORIES: 5009

    Ratio: 40% carbs (511 grams)
    37% protein (474 grams)
    23% fat (128 grams)

    Any advice/critique would be great. Im really trying to get my diet dialed in right so I can make some good gains on my next cycle.

  2. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    also, should I swap some of the whole milk for flaxseed oil to lower my saturated fat intake?
  3. Registered User
    Thing2594's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    26
    Answers
    0


    Looks solid. Dont get too caught up on the saturated fat. If your going to add the flax oil for anything add it for the extra calories. Add some isolation lifts into your training as well. All compounds is a good plan for a noob not someone whose been cycling or knows what their doing.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Thing2594 View Post
    Looks solid. Dont get too caught up on the saturated fat. If your going to add the flax oil for anything add it for the extra calories. Add some isolation lifts into your training as well. All compounds is a good plan for a noob not someone whose been cycling or knows what their doing.
    Sounds good, will do. Thanks.
  5. Registered User
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,721
    Answers
    0


    You can save yourself a bit of money making your own gainer shakes, plus most of the times you can get more micro nutrients from a home made form. Also it looks like your fiber might be a bit low, which is unpleasant with a high calorie diet. If you make your own gainer protein with blended oatmeal, bananas, peanut butter, protein, yogurt, flaxseed, and milk it would up your fiber by quite a bit.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  6. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Good point, I'll try to work that in as well, and see if I can do some shakes at home. Thanks
  7. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    Super skim is awesome stuff for a bulk I normally get 4 cups of that and 2 cups of 2% a day
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  8. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Super skim is awesome stuff for a bulk I normally get 4 cups of that and 2 cups of 2% a day
    Do you think I should swap out the whole milk for skim? I was trying to shoot for around 25% fat, but maybe I should up the carbs since I'm gonna be on cycle, and go with a 45/35/20 carb/pro/fat ratio. What do you think?
  9. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

    Do you think I should swap out the whole milk for skim? I was trying to shoot for around 25% fat, but maybe I should up the carbs since I'm gonna be on cycle, and go with a 45/35/20 carb/pro/fat ratio. What do you think?
    I normally get all my fats from natty peanut butter and almonds bro and yeah cut out whole milk shot for skim and 2% IMO
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  10. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    I normally get all my fats from natty peanut butter and almonds bro and yeah cut out whole milk shot for skim and 2% IMO
    Alright, I'll give that shot since I'm lacking pb from my diet and it's a pretty easy source of calories. But as far as macros go on a cycle, what do you shoot for during a bulk? (assuming you cycle, or if you were going to).
  11. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    I don't use roids or PHs but I do 40/40/20 on lifting days and 40/30/30 on non lifting days p/c/f been working wonders for my bulk but everyone is different so find what works for you bro
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  12. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Cool, appreciate the insight bro. Thanks
  13. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,483
    Answers
    0


    Alot of sugar in there. And some of the those macro break downs for food seem low. Need more veggies.
  14. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Alot of sugar in there. And some of the those macro break downs for food seem low. Need more veggies.
    I'm gonna swap some of the milk for natty pb and that should bring down the sugar a bit. Good point about the veggies, I'll try and find a meal to throw some more in. Thanks
  15. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Alot of sugar in there. And some of the those macro break downs for food seem low. Need more veggies.
    Hey btw, what did you mean by the macros for food seem low? Do you mean the ratios?
  16. Registered User
    wildcat90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Answers
    0


    Your diet looks solid brah. Pls keep us updated with photos and figures.

    Muscle Pharm Assault review
  17. Registered User
    wildcat90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Answers
    0


    Good luck!
  18. Registered User
    kowalsik's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    94
    Answers
    0


    looks good. just dont cut out cardio. i did that and ended up gaining way to much body fat.
  19. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kowalsik View Post
    looks good. just dont cut out cardio. i did that and ended up gaining way to much body fat.
    Bro I'm glad you mentioned this. So far I've tried this diet and gained about 6 lbs in 3 weeks which isn't bad since I'm on test as well. Anyway, I'm starting to gain a lil bit around the love handles and I'm not sure whether this is just bloat from estrogen or it's diet/cardio related and I'm putting on fat too fast. I know that the calories are on point at 5000, because on my same diet and training I plateau at the same weight at about 4700 calories, so I know I need at least 5k to grow, especially on test.

    So my question is, should I drop the whole milk (because of the dairy sugar) and should I add some cardio in? Right now I'm not doing any cardio since I'm already pushing 5k calories and don't want to eat even more lol. Can anybody shoot me some advice?

    Drop the milk? add some cardio? Both?

    Thanks bros
  20. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0


    Sorry bro but you have to accept that you're going to gain some fat in your bulk season, i wouldn't worry about it too much… just do your abs every week. Cardio is good for your cutting phase, but if you do end up adding endurance running to your routines its going to make it much more difficult to gain weight and size. Sprints would be good though. As to the milk question i'd move to 2% which will decrease the fat, and also if possible substitute one of your shakes with a real meal… while gainers make calorie intake much easier real food is always superior. Bloating is natural, and it'll go away pretty quick when you start cutting.
  21. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    Sorry bro but you have to accept that you're going to gain some fat in your bulk season, i wouldn't worry about it too much… just do your abs every week. Cardio is good for your cutting phase, but if you do end up adding endurance running to your routines its going to make it much more difficult to gain weight and size. Sprints would be good though. As to the milk question i'd move to 2% which will decrease the fat, and also if possible substitute one of your shakes with a real meal… while gainers make calorie intake much easier real food is always superior. Bloating is natural, and it'll go away pretty quick when you start cutting.
    Ok sounds good, I'll try and switch to skim/2%. Is natty pb an ok choice for some extra cals in place of the milk?
  22. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0


    yea peanut butter and nuts are a good source of protein and healthy fats, but your not gonna to lose many calories by switching to 2%. If you ever need help with your meal plans feel free to ask. Every two or three weeks you should increase your calories by a few hundred or so.

    i would post a couple websites that could help but it says i need 50 posts..
  23. Registered User
    2legit2quit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    yea peanut butter and nuts are a good source of protein and healthy fats, but your not gonna to lose many calories by switching to 2%. If you ever need help with your meal plans feel free to ask. Every two or three weeks you should increase your calories by a few hundred or so.

    i would post a couple websites that could help but it says i need 50 posts..
    no worries bro, i'm gonna make a few adjustments based on the advice you and everyone else gave and see how it goes. i'll be sure to up the cals once when I start to stall.

    thanks again
  24. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0


    No prob mane
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Critique My Bulk Diet
    By CupidStunt in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
  2. Critique My BULK Diet!
    By SDis623 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 02:15 AM
  3. Critique bulk diet please
    By superman20 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM
  4. Critique My Bulk Diet
    By Ziricote in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in