Do I still eat if I'm full??

Benjamin1

Awards
I'm supposed to be taking in over 3000+ calories a day. But by the time i reach my 4th, 5th, and 6th meal I'm still full. Should I still be eating? and if so, is my body just going to convert these last 3 meals into fat?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So your saying your not getting in 3k cals because your getting full?

ginge205

ginge205

Awards
I have alway when cals counting set out how much I nee to eat into separate meal and just make sure i. Dont leave a thing at the moment Im a 190 pound and Im just to eat 3400 cals a day Im trying to put weight on. As long as u train and eat good u should be fine it hard to stay ripped and bulk at the same time

denmase

denmase

Awards
I stay full, but as long as im under my 4k calorie goal it doesnt matter, if you wanna gain weight your gonna have to reach your caloric intake goal, Full or Not

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Try eating more calorie dense foods(nuts,olive oil,pasta,ect)to get your cals in without feeling to full.

NFC

NFC

Awards
ever tried apple cider vinegar? tastes horrible but it works. i'm bulking right now and having to shove food in my mouth all day has me feeling lethargic and fat even though in the last 5 weeks, i've only gained about 1lb in fat vs the muscle gains ive had. im taking the multi enzyme formula from *** right now and it's been working wonders for me. really helps break the food down faster so i dont feel as full and i dont get that bloated feeling throughout the day either.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
consider yourself lucky, im at 3300-3500 daily and im always hungry.....

LikeMike

Awards
For me it always depends on what type of food I'm eating. If I eat oats, egg whites, chicken breasts, lean beef, fish, white potato, sweet potato then I am starving every 3 hours. If I eat nuts, olive oil, etc. It fills me up for a long time. I just tend to keep it really clean a fat free throughout the day and that seems to help me reach my caloric goal.

Benjamin1

Awards
Thanks for all your guys' opinions and help.

To answer you guys, I don't end up getting all my cals every day (I usually do) mostly because I'm stuffed and it just feels like all of it is gonna turn to fat. I know that when "bulking" you gain muscle and fat, but I'm concerned that eating when full is gonna just convert to fat.
If there is any advise or input you are willing to give, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm 6'5 and been 192-195 the last 5 weeks. I want get to 205-215.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
eat till you wanna puke.....then take a few more bites

LikeMike

Awards
myfitnesspal.com has helped me. I also set aside one day to prepare all of my foods for the week. Carry a big ass cooler and eat every three hours. That's what I do. Hope that helps.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try eating more calorie dense foods(nuts,olive oil,pasta,ect)to get your cals in without feeling to full.
Try this.

Also, if you're taking in a good amount of fiber, you might feel full, but it is actually just gas from the fiber. Are your meals equal in calories? If you taper them, maybe try to make them more even calorie wise.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many people advise against getting liquid calories and prefer whole foods. And yet some debate a calorie is a calorie. I prefer the latter.
Add some choclate milk or whole milk and some waxy maize to your protein shake. This will add some calories but wont fill you up to much. Again drink lots of milk throughout the day as its a less dense calorie packed option, leaving room for whole foods. Also try cooking with olive oil and cocnut oil those calories add up quick

Benjamin1

Awards
Thanks for all your guys' help and advise.

Very much appreciated

jflex85

jflex85

Awards
I don't know if you guys have ever heard of the program fit day. But it's awesome. Pretty much like Fitnesspall but way better and it runs on your pc

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I don't know if you guys have ever heard of the program fit day. But it's awesome. Pretty much like Fitnesspall but way better and it runs on your pc
fitday.com for the win...

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I use fitday, if you have an iphone it has an app for that also.

If you are needing more calories you can add some olive oil to your shakes quick oats and natural Peanut butter, or powerbutter blended in taste good and the calories, fats, and proteins start to add up.

I have seen a 4lb tub of PowerButter for $23 and it has 28 4tbsp servings and was around 32g protein but not sure on the calories and fat right now.

Other sources are whole fat cottage cheese 12g protein in 1/2 cup and whole milk like others have said.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 5'10 166lbs and I'm stuffing down 3100-3500 cals a day and can't seem to gain a pound. Lol. Doesn't matter how full u feel, just calories. Try adding olive oil or peanut butter to your meals to boost healthy calories. I couldn't get past 3k cals per day until I did that.

andy148lbs

Awards
you could try liquid calories....what i noticed is after a while your body gets use to eating every three hours and i get hungry when im close to that mark....i worry also about just gaining in my stomach seeing how my belly sticks way out by the time i go to bed......but when i wake its flat again. its been 5 weeks for me also and i also only put on a pound.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm supposed to be taking in over 3000+ calories a day. But by the time i reach my 4th, 5th, and 6th meal I'm still full. Should I still be eating? and if so, is my body just going to convert these last 3 meals into fat?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is a TRICKY situation and I have LOTS of experience here since I am more for diet and less for "drugs".

When you are NOT hormonally enhance force feeding for 99% of most average genetically gifted people will results in NEGATIVE results.

Things start going south due to major stress your entire body is enduring from giving it food when it is simply "rejecting" it.

Your immune system will lower, your digestion and ability to assimilate nutrients will suffer. Your ghrelin (gasto intestinal hormone) will decrease, while Leptin (fat signaling hormone) will increase, sending force fed nutrients into -----> ADIPOSE TISSUE.

Also cortisol increases, prolactin increases, testosterone in some cases decreases ------all due to force feeding and doing something your body is r e j e c t i n g.

If you eat around your "hunger signal" that is FAR better than forcing for the sake of "forcing calories." THink about this --- when you do force calories.....you get so full that often times you will SKIP your next meal or HELL, maybe next 4 meals of the entire day! Then insulin plummets rock bottom and you are now catabolic, yet to disgusted to eat more......

At least by eating WHEN hungry, you will eat when you body tells you to, and that is usually every 2-4 hours (give or take). Now you MUST give your body a NEED to be hungry. Train hard and intense. Perhaps do HIIT cardio. Stay active during the day....take care of your health w/nutritional gaps with proper supplements ie; enzymes, probiotics, echinacea (appetite stimulant), ginger etc.....

Now if you are on a ass load of hormones --- that changes things entirely....

-Matt