Easiest way to get extra calories

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you ever need extra calories, just make a meal you can drink. This way, you can easily prep a 700 calorie meal in less than 3 minutes and have it downed in less than 15 seconds. You can take it with you in a thermos (keeps if chilled for up to 5-6 hours). They're inexpensive to make and they're tasty.

Here's my favorite recipe:

1.) Grind up 1/2 cup of oats in blender or electronic coffee grinder. Blend until mostly powder. Have oats in blender..
2.) Add 1.5 cups of milk (whole or 2% taste best)
3.) Add 1 ripe banana
4.) Add 1 scoop of protein powder (blend works best, but whey works great too)
5.) Optional: Add natty PB or some cinnamon
6.) Blend

... This is fantastic for a breakfast meal. Taste really good to me and I've been drinking them about every single day for over two years.

That's easily 650 calories of quality nutrition. If you want more, just add more. Easy

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This was for the people who just hadn't thought about doing this before. As simple as it is, a lot of people just don't think about doing it.

I'm actually about to go make one of these for breakfast!

Speaking of which... If you're the type of person to eat a meal then wait a little while and lift, you may want to choose something different to eat. But if you lift later on in the day, these are great breakfast shakes. I hate eating a big meal right after I wake up so these really help me out.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This was for the people who just hadn't thought about doing this before. As simple as it is, a lot of people just don't think about doing it.

I'm actually about to go make one of these for breakfast!

Speaking of which... If you're the type of person to eat a meal then wait a little while and lift, you may want to choose something different to eat. But if you lift later on in the day, these are great breakfast shakes. I hate eating a big meal right after I wake up so these really help me out.
I'm on the same fence as u with big meals.
I usually buy my favorite powder blend ot a gainer and add p butter and bananas and some liquid egg whites. Taste good, lots of carbs, protein and heavy on the calories haha.

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
That's a pretty solid idea bro. I could definitely use something like that for a morning shake. Might even throw in some EVOO for a few more calories. Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a shot on my next bulk!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty solid idea bro. I could definitely use something like that for a morning shake. Might even throw in some EVOO for a few more calories. Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a shot on my next bulk!
For years I have made a shake of...
1 cup oats ground in a coffee grinder
1 scoop whey chocolate
1 scoop casein chocolate
Approx 2 cups of 2% milk
Evoo.

The great thing is you can basically adjust the macros how ever you'd like. And also pretty cost effective when you compare price Cal v. Cal

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Yeah I've even used half and half instead of milk to add a few more calories. Pretty easy way to get more calories and one serving packs quite a bit of calories for the little amount you use.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just wanting everyone to know, if you were ever going to add EVOO to a shake, it's best just to down it before hand.

C

cg123

Awards
Will the oats grind in a regular blender. And do u mean oats like oatmeal or what?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
- 600mls full cream milk
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbl spoons honey
- 1 cup ice cream
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil

get a few of them in ya a day lol plus 6 whole meals :D

B

Big555

Awards
I have been drinking that same shake daily for the past 6 months. I also like to add in a half cup of plain yogurt. Doesn't do anything for the taste but boosts healthy cals

B

Big555

Awards
Almost forgot, throw in a couple scoops of ice pre final blend...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Almost forgot, throw in a couple scoops of ice pre final blend...
I've done that.
Just down half a scoop if serious mass shake, with a huge scoop of p butter and a banana....

Hope that recompadrol helps me out...
Well over 130g of carbs :)

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Would probably be better to space those carbs out rather than 130g in one sitting. The body only needs so much and more isn't always a good thing.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Would probably be better to space those carbs out rather than 130g in one sitting. The body only needs so much and more isn't always a good thing.
It in serious mass :)

O

ou man

Awards
I started doing this recently and it's so easy to down that shake before class in the morn compared to eating oats

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is Serious Mass like a mass gainer supplement shake thingy?

And yeah, drinking meals is the way to go. I wouldn't do a bulk without them. Eating 3500-4000 calories of only whole foods every day gets old really fast.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Is Serious Mass like a mass gainer supplement shake thingy?

And yeah, drinking meals is the way to go. I wouldn't do a bulk without them. Eating 3500-4000 calories of only whole foods every day gets old really fast.
Agreed

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
- 600mls full cream milk
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbl spoons honey
- 1 cup ice cream
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil

get a few of them in ya a day lol plus 6 whole meals :D
Now that's what I'm talking about

Joepower

Joepower

Awards
I have done similar in the past, going to try this out!

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha stop putting olive oil in shakes, that's gross. Why not just take the EVOO before or after the shake rather than put it in it?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Haha stop putting olive oil in shakes, that's gross. Why not just take the EVOO before or after the shake rather than put it in it?
hahaha dante trudel used to smash it all the time didnt he? in his so called get big plan...

Im toying with the idea this morning to have 5-600mls of milk, ice cream, chocalate syrup (Like 50cals a tble spoon the brand i got)... OKOK getting a bit off track now, but for the sake of good shakes and bulking methods i will have to try this pathetic excuse for a breakfast hahahaha

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
One serving mixed in a shake and you can't even tell it's in there.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm switch over to Up Your Mass again.
It has some soy in it, but it air going to kill me, especially not being on AndroMass :)

Plus the carbs in it is NOT malto.

malou

malou

Awards
Plenty breakfast ideas here .love it.was getting tired of eggs I even started boiling them.
Olive oil in shakes? I'll skip that one.

A

Alpha Mind

Awards
Just wanting everyone to know, if you were ever going to add EVOO to a shake, it's best just to down it before hand.
I'm not a fan of EVOO in shakes. On the other hand, Coconut oil, is delicious and an excellent way to add calories. The saturated fat boosts good cholesterol and coconut oil also supports the thyroid. :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not a fan of EVOO in shakes. On the other hand, Coconut oil, is delicious and an excellent way to add calories. The saturated fat boosts good cholesterol and coconut oil also supports the thyroid. :D
Just use coconut milk instead of regular milk. :) that's what I do.

A

Alpha Mind

Awards
Just use coconut milk instead of regular milk. :) that's what I do.
Coconut milk is good, as long as it's not in a can. You can ingest all kinds of nasty chemicals from canned fatty liquids.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coconut milk is good, as long as it's not in a can. You can ingest all kinds of nasty chemicals from canned fatty liquids.
They sell coconut milk NOT in a can?
I remember in Hawaii we could get fresh coconut milk... but ive never seen it many other places. Do they sell coconut milk in glass bottles anywhere? I can imagine plastic being the last thing you want a fats in...

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
The silk brand has a cocunut milk in half gallon cartons, I use in place of water in my shakes now, **** is awesome , I find my self takin a swig from the carton eveytime I open the fridge

J

JohnJJ

Awards
sweet

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i also consume a large calorie shake as a breakfast/brunch meal while at work, mine looks something like this; 40grams of oats, 2tblsp almond butter, .5 banana, 8oz greek yogurt, 26g whey unflavored, water...i incorporate flax seed as well sometimes...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anabolics 23
ethan_wilde Nutrition / Health 25
ironyogi Anabolics 19
schroedes Anabolics 0
machorox123 Recipes 20