how to get bigger muscles and gain weight

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by gutsyjam View Post
    I weight 155 and my goal is to hit 185 or 190. I have been working out everyday I take protein shacks and creatine for the past 3 mouths and i have not gained one pound all i have been getting is more defined muscles. I want to get big and defined what should I take or do?
    Eat Eat Eat! And also, make sure the protein you take is a Mass Gainer as opposed to just a standard Whey. It should have at least 300 cals/serving or so


  2. I'm not sure if someone mentioned this because I didn't feel like reading through every post.

    One thing that has helped me is to download a calorie counter app for my iphone. It has a search function for all sorts of foods and a scanner that will use the barcode and download the nutrtion facts then you adjust your serving size and track it on your phone. You can set daily goals and all sorts of stuff. Without it I can definitely say I wouldn't be eating all my calories every day. Having it is more than just a reminder to eat. It's also a method to help reach attainable daily goals that lead to achievement of long term goals.
    •   
       


  3. Yea I had it to, very helpful but couldn't measure home cooked meals now I just keep track of my weight with it. One good one is myfitnesspal.

  4. Yeah hard balance I have the weight gain over fat, debating on lowering my carb intake heavily....

    Maybe about 150g a day wonder if that would work....
    Just takes weeks at a time tweaking to see what works.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  5. hey gutsyjam, whats your routine like right now? whats your intake like? what types of foodsare you eating? carb? amounts? what are your stats? whats your body type? let me know and i will try and help you out as much as possible.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Chico222 View Post
    Once you do your fair share of supplement trying, you'll find that 90% of what's out there doesn't work. Supplements are the icing on the cake. After you are eating enough and find yourself gaining some good weight, that's probably when you should introduce supplements. For now, eat more food. You may not be used to eating a lot, which is fine, so to get more food in througout the day you'll have to eat more often. If you are busy this may be a challenge, so find what works for you.

    You also want to be healthy so don't eat 1000calorie big macs and think you got your bases covered. You may find yourself feeling like poo if you go that route. Eat good food like oats, eggs, peanut butter, MEAT, chicken, and lots of milk...among other things.

    Know that it's not easy or simple as people put it. It takes some conditioning and good planning to be able to get in as much food as its required to get big, so expect that you will have to take a couple of weeks to adjust.

    Also, stop training so much. 3 days a week and get plenty of rest. You don't grow in the gym so beating your body up everyday is counter-productive. And don't be one of those people that goes to a machine and does a set, then moves to another machine and does another set there, and keeps wandering the gym doing sets here and there. Find a good (proven) weight training program and follow it. Don't make up your own.

    Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint.

    My 2 cents. Good luck!
    Doesnt get any more cut and dry than this. EXCELLENT advice!

  7. To gain weight. I can't cook eggs. Would it be the same to blend them raw?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by cg123
    To gain weight. I can't cook eggs. Would it be the same to blend them raw?
    Go to the store in the dairy isle they have pasteurized egg whites in a carton
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Go to the store in the dairy isle they have pasteurized egg whites in a carton
    dude, eat frickin WHOLE EGGS, its not gunna make u fat.........what makes u fat is fast food/processed crap

  10. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

    dude, eat frickin WHOLE EGGS, its not gunna make u fat.........what makes u fat is fast food/processed crap
    Fuk u telling me for!
    He said he can't cook eggs I told him to get the eggs whites in a carton....
    I personally don't like the taste of eggs that's why I use the eggs whites
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Fuk u telling me for!
    He said he can't cook eggs I told him to get the eggs whites in a carton....
    I personally don't like the taste of eggs that's why I use the eggs whites
    lmao!!!! stop being a ***** about the matter.........

    dude if he doesnt like eggs, just eat some cottage cheese with some fruit........it aint rocket science bro........lol

  12. I like eggs. I just can't cook them at the moment do will I get the same benefits from putting it in a shake?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

    lmao!!!! stop being a ***** about the matter.........

    dude if he doesnt like eggs, just eat some cottage cheese with some fruit........it aint rocket science bro........lol
    Man sit cho country ass down and

    I just gave him advice that I use.
    Myself I usually wake up in the am and mix a gainer shake in milk 20oz with a banana and p butter, low fat/cal ice cream, egg whites (carton liquid) and a banana. That's well over 45g protein, 1000 or so cals and 40g fats and about 150g carbs roughly.
    That's what I do.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by cg123
    I like eggs. I just can't cook them at the moment do will I get the same benefits from putting it in a shake?
    Yes. Egg whites are eggs whites.
    Like I said they are 100% natural buy them and use it.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Man sit cho country ass down and

    I just gave him advice that I use.
    Myself I usually wake up in the am and mix a gainer shake in milk 20oz with a banana and p butter, low fat/cal ice cream, egg whites (carton liquid) and a banana. That's well over 45g protein, 1000 or so cals and 40g fats and about 150g carbs roughly.
    That's what I do.
    hahahahahahah! dont hate..........

    i wake up drink like 3 cups of strong coffee, maybe a tangerine or 2 and walk for about 45 minutes.......then come back and chow down......

  16. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

    hahahahahahah! dont hate..........

    i wake up drink like 3 cups of strong coffee, maybe a tangerine or 2 and walk for about 45 minutes.......then come back and chow down......
    I know right gotta round up them horses and cattles right homie?

    That 45 minute walk sounds fun, may give it a go tonight.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I know right gotta round up them horses and cattles right homie?

    That 45 minute walk sounds fun, may give it a go tonight.
    lmao!!!!! ive been known to tackle a cow or 2 though.........

  18. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

    lmao!!!!! ive been known to tackle a cow or 2 though.........
    Where u from?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Where u from?
    europe.........had a 26 acre farm before coming to the states and growing up in a rural town turned city.........sorta blows.........used to be all orchards and country folks........now its nothing but snobby engineers...........

  20. i used to always call myself a hard gainer until i realized i wasnt eating enough.

    eat more! eat til you feel like puking, then eat an hour later. and if you do puke, damn well better make up the calories!

  21. Maybe I missed something but why can't u cook your eggs?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by TheMaharaja View Post
    i used to always call myself a hard gainer until i realized i wasnt eating enough.

    eat more! eat til you feel like puking, then eat an hour later. and if you do puke, damn well better make up the calories!
    THIS!!!

    Once I hit nausea I just chew mouthfuls of food and swallow it like a pill. It sucks, but it works.

  23. Lots of great advice there guys .. Well at the beginning .. Too bad the guy who stated the thread hasn't been back .. Lol

  24. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Man sit cho country ass down and

    I just gave him advice that I use.
    Myself I usually wake up in the am and mix a gainer shake in milk 20oz with a banana and p butter, low fat/cal ice cream, egg whites (carton liquid) and a banana. That's well over 45g protein, 1000 or so cals and 40g fats and about 150g carbs roughly.
    That's what I do.
    Im going to try this out when school starts. How many egg whites do you use?

  25. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but to absorb all the protein from egg protein albumin you need to cook it to denature the proteins. Basically, this causes the protein strands to untangle so they can be broken down and absorbed. If you don't cook it, you'll only absorb about 1/2 the protein, yielding about 2g of protein per egg white vs. 4.

    Br

  26. Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Maybe I missed something but why can't u cook your eggs?
    this. you can cook eggs in the microwave if you don't have a stovetop

  27. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but to absorb all the protein from egg protein albumin you need to cook it to denature the proteins. Basically, this causes the protein strands to untangle so they can be broken down and absorbed. If you don't cook it, you'll only absorb about 1/2 the protein, yielding about 2g of protein per egg white vs. 4.

    Br
    It is my understanding that the stomach acids denature the protein anyway, so cooking is not required for absorption.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Eat Eat Eat! And also, make sure the protein you take is a Mass Gainer as opposed to just a standard Whey. It should have at least 300 cals/serving or so
    really? a mass gainer? as in something like cytogainer? that stuff is terrible for you.

    if you want a weight gainer, make your own from whey protein. add in the extra cals from foods and make a real shake from food, not powder
    BPS Representative

  29. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla

    really? a mass gainer? as in something like cytogainer? that stuff is terrible for you.

    if you want a weight gainer, make your own from whey protein. add in the extra cals from foods and make a real shake from food, not powder
    I agree...
    I'll tell you this it's easy to keep a tub at work for a "quick meal" a quick breakfast or pre w/o meal. There are a lot of uses. I like it because I can drink a shake and be hungry in an hour and eat again... If the person is really trying to put on weight.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  30. my main problem is mantaining, once i get up to my target weight I lose it if i get unfocused
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM
  3. NEED HELP ON LOOSING WEIGHT AND GETTING CUT NOT BIGGER
    By stugots87 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 03:28 PM
  4. Vitamin E protects muscles during weight lifting
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
  5. Same Workout, Bigger Muscles
    By jjohn in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Log in
Log in