How do YOU cook your chicken?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

How do YOU cook your chicken?

I really hate eating chicken for the most part, except for two recipes ( literally) and i dont know how to prepare them. Since chicken and rice are the bread and butter of bulking meals, could any of you guys post your favorite chicken recipes? I will try them all!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

I boil my ckn in water and add garlic salt with parsley. Once cooked i add it to brwn rice with bbq sauce.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fame126
    I boil my ckn in water and add garlic salt with parsley. Once cooked i add it to brwn rice with bbq sauce.
    This is what I do. But I sometimes use a slow cooker. Doesn't help really.
    Only way to really cook a dry chicken breast is to grill it and eat it hot.
    Other than that it's hard. Made adobo. Basically soy sauce and vinegar. Slow cooker for 9 hours. Not much different.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

I always grill mine gets rid of alot of the fat and taste great.Then just season with red pepper,sea-salt and im good to go.I usally make a bunch on sunday for the week stays good for about 4 days.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Yeah trim it Kean first. I buy the big frozen bags wholesale. I have a light cajun seasoning I like and use that for a little sodium and flavor. My oven doesn't work AI I cook a few pieces at a time on bake for about 40min at 400F in a toaster oven. My other preferred method is to make my own hot sauce and pan seat them for a but till the surface is crisp then bake them till cooked thoroughly. Like clean buffalo chicken.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Either grill or bake with usually a mixture of some asian type sauces.. other night we baked fresh breast, seasoned them, then glazed with a mix of stir fry sauce, teriyaki sauce, and some sriracha.

I oo get sick of chicken fast, more than two times a week no matter how it's made and the thought of eating it again is blehhh, even though it taste great how I make it. I'm just a meat guy, I can eat burgers and steaks 24/7 and not get sick of it. But oh yeh, I've tried cooking with frozen chicken over the last year and no matter what it just doesn't come out near as good as fresh breast. Frozen chicken breast whether from publix, or tyson, or costco etc just has a firm rubbery texture to it when cooked.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Granted fresh is better than frozen but sometimes convenience and economics play a role in my purchase.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I enjoy cutting by chicken up in cubes and then putting it in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Once it's in the pan and hot, I add the chicken; then I add some ground pepper and season all. I let that cook for like 10 minutes and mix it every so often, then when it's half way done I mince a half a clove of garlic (really really fine) and add it to the creation. Once cooked I either put franks red hot on my rice and mix the chicken in, or i just simple eat the rice and add some sweet baby ray's BBQ to the chicken = win.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

SWEET BABY RAYS!!!! Nothin better. Repped for that.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.

+1 on sweet baby rays.

I'm carb cycling, so how I prepare my chicken goes along with wether a meal will be fat based or carb based.

Fat-based-
    My favorite is a parmesian (sp?) chicken recipe that my wife found. There are a couple ways to prepare it, eitehr by grilling or baking. The baking will give you some of the juiciest, richest chicken breast you've ever eaten. Start by puting olive oil and minced garlic in a small pan on low-medium heat. You also want to get some parmesian cheese and bread crumbs and combine them on a plate. If you want to bake the chicken, take the whole breast, cover it in the oil and garlic, then cover it in the bread crumb/cheese mixture, then bake in the oven at around 400degrees for around 35 minutes. Make sure your internal temp reaches 160+ and you're good to go. If you aren't carb cycling then this is AWESOME with wild rice.

If you want to grill it slice it into strips, or slice the breasts length-wise into thinner pieces. Follow the same procedure for coating the chicken, then place it on a pan at medium temp until it's white all the way through. You'll need to cut it open to check until you get the hang of it. Remember, salmanilla (can I spell or what?!) sickness is NOT going to help your muscle building goals.

Carb-based-
    For carb based meals I like to bake my chicken in the given sauce for the meal. Pasta sauce works very well for this. When I bake chicken with no oil I bake it at 325 for 1 hr., so it takes a while, but comes out perfect and juicy. When I bake it in pasta sauce to go along with pasta, once it's done baking I let it rest for AT LEAST 5 minutes, then shred the chicken with two forks by pulling along the grain. Don't pull against the grain or you'll just get chunks. When you pull with the grain you get that awesome shredded chicken affect they get at the mexican restaurants. After it's shredded plate it up and put wheat pasta and more sauce over it. It's a very good combo of lean protein along with simple and complex carbs, perfect for post workout.

If you'd prefer burritos, do the same thing but with salsa and taco seasoning.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Okay I found this recipe out in college and still use it today because it Awesome!!!....

First get some skinless chicken breast, Cut away all extra fat, Get a good sized zipped lock bag and 1 bottle of italian salad dressing!!

Take the chicken breast and stab the hell out of it a bunch of times so that the dressing will enter the meat. Than take your chicken n put into zip lock bag. I use about a half bottle of dressing depending on how many picies im cooking. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a few hours so the dressing disolves into the meat some..

Than i use Low fat vegatable spray and skillet. Put chicken breast on med-low heat. Use a lid when cooking so the heat and moisture stays into the meat. U can take the left over salad dressing and put onto chicken while cooking for extra flavor. If your chicken starts to stick just add a little bit of water to the skillet and recover.....

Enjoy Bro thats gonna be awesome!!!!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Liquid hickory smoke with garlic and pepper on a breast then wrapped in tin foil and cooked in oven. Pretty basic but it tastes good to me
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you cook your meat with?!?
    By BB Ambitious in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
  2. best way to cook eggs?!
    By elliotuk in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. chicken breast v chicken thighs
    By cheezscott in forum Recipes