Peanuts VS Almonds VS Peanut Butter

  1. Registered User
    DieStrong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13
    Answers
    0

    Peanuts VS Almonds VS Peanut Butter


    Sup guys,

    Looking at adding more to my diet in any part possible, I use to be a "Mass Gainer" I am now a "Lean Gainer"
    Lets just say I now grow a gut with ease where as I never use to..

    I noticed a lot of the bros on here use Nuts or Almonds or P-Butter

    Which would be best to snack on for lean gains and how much of it?
    Die Young, Die Strong, Dianabol.

    Created by God, Enhanced by Man.

  2. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by DieStrong
    Sup guys,

    Looking at adding more to my diet in any part possible, I use to be a "Mass Gainer" I am now a "Lean Gainer"
    Lets just say I now grow a gut with ease where as I never use to..

    I noticed a lot of the bros on here use Nuts or Almonds or P-Butter

    Which would be best to snack on for lean gains and how much of it?
    Well any of them would work with portion control. Almonds seem to be the most nutritionally sound though.
  3. Registered User
    owlicks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    443
    Answers
    0


    I'm a big fan of both raw almonds and natural peanut butter. The above poster is right, it's all about portion control. Another objective should be to keep sugar at a minimum -- they are both full of monounsaturated fat though, which is a good thing.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by owlicks
    I'm a big fan of both raw almonds and natural peanut butter. The above poster is right, it's all about portion control. Another objective should be to keep sugar at a minimum -- they are both full of monounsaturated fat though, which is a good thing.
    Agreed, almond butter might be an option too, though I've never tried it.
  5. Registered User
    Chequamegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40
    Answers
    0


    Almond butter is the bee's knees. I actually prefer it over peanut butter, and it's healthier for you!!!
  6. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    I never see any at my store.
  7. Registered User
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Answers
    0


    it would maybe be in the organic section. I know mine carries it in the bottom of the PB section. Trader joes also has it if there is one near you
  8. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    I don't think there is I'll check organic though.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    sams club sells almond butter dirt cheap
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Registered User
    tubbednova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    481
    Answers
    0


    most p-butter has trans-fat if you go with peanut stick with natural i myself eat almond butter sometimes natural but its$$ i've found some without all the oils thats cheap($5)called barney butter taste good and cheaper then most.
  11. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by DieStrong View Post
    Sup guys,

    Looking at adding more to my diet in any part possible, I use to be a "Mass Gainer" I am now a "Lean Gainer"
    Lets just say I now grow a gut with ease where as I never use to..

    I noticed a lot of the bros on here use Nuts or Almonds or P-Butter

    Which would be best to snack on for lean gains and how much of it?
    Head over to Trader Joe's(hopefully you have one in your area) and grab yourself some almond butter. When you just throw a few scoops of that in a small tupperware or bowl with some fresh fruit(berries are my choice) I tell you what....It's a pretty damn tasty snack. lots of flavor
  12. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    sams club sells almond butter dirt cheap
    Sams club is bjs right.
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    no, they are different. bjs probably carries it too, I know at least some costcos do
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Oh alright thank you.
  15. Registered User
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    no, they are different. bjs probably carries it too, I know at least some costcos do
    I haven't seen it at any BJ's I've been too yet, but i could have easily missed it.
  16. Registered User
    ChrisSurf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    most p-butter has trans-fat if you go with peanut stick with natural i myself eat almond butter sometimes natural but its$$ i've found some without all the oils thats cheap($5)called barney butter taste good and cheaper then most.
    Skippys Natural Honey Roasted FTMFW! If I didn't have self control I would end up eating 5 jars a day, that PB is so damn good. Only thing that sucks is they sell it mainly in the smaller size around 16oz at publix, though I could swear I saw 40oz one at Walmart.
  17. Registered User
    Turnitup122's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSurf
    Skippys Natural Honey Roasted FTMFW! If I didn't have self control I would end up eating 5 jars a day, that PB is so damn good. Only thing that sucks is they sell it mainly in the smaller size around 16oz at publix, though I could swear I saw 40oz one at Walmart.
    The best peanutbutter ever made right there^. Too much sugar for me unfortunately
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.
  18. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Never tried it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Peanuts/Almonds etc for bulking??
    By ChrisSurf in forum Bulking
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 03:40 PM
  2. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:26 PM
  3. peanuts almonds
    By orvise in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in