First post

J

jj12

Awards
hi guys

my first post here and have to say am full of questions but i think ill spread them wisely, let me first say i have enjoyed being on here as a guest and reading thro the different threads..

my question is:

this time last year i visited a gym, i was on the skinny side, and started to workout , never lifted anything in my life i realized i was weak, but after few sessions i started enjoying, anyway, i gave up for three months then started again and now its been a year but really been going hard at it for 8 or 9 months..

age = 30
weight = 183lb
height=6
frame= slim
diet= protien once a day, eats 3-4days a day

work= very busy work through out the day

i want to bulk up and put on serious mass and wight, am not bothered about six packs or tiny waist, i just want to pack in big arms..back..chest..shoulders..and legs

i tried different creatine, well one to be honest ..power form..aint worked for me...and i want to know what supplements i could take ..

thanx in advance

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Well, if your main thing is to get big and not worry about abs, first you should probably eat a lot more.

Sweet potatoes, pasta, a lot of steak, up the protein, up the eggs intake, up it all. Add about 500 calories and then perhaps add some more. That's where the bulk of your muscle will come from, food.

As far as supplements, make sure you have your basics: Multivitamin, Fish Oils, Protein.

Once you have that, perhaps you can start looking at some supps that will help you bulk. I've been taking Anabeta and I enjoy it a whole lot so far. Also, look into a pre-workout supp perhaps; I take mesomorph and also enjoy it a bunch.

If you get those in check I wouldn't be surprised if you were to grow 5lbs in a month (considering you're not too worried about the 6pack abs)

GMenard

GMenard

Awards
I started training in March of this year and received the same answer . Eat ,then eat some more . My mid section is a little lose , but the rest of the areas have grown including strength . I also started in the low 180,s @ 5-10 ( 45 year old ).Now I am @ 194 . Same thing on the basic supps .Bla55 has given you solid advice on eating . Be cautious not to over train , I was told as a person new to training , I would naturally think my would be best . I am doing a four day split ,Chest & Biceps , Back ,Shoulders with tri,s and then legs . Plenty of time to recover . Stay with it .....

J

jj12

Awards
thanks bla55 & GMenard..

but am not all clued up on suplements, could you just break it down for me, what is anabeta and a good start for me..i mean in terms of sups.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Those are all supps that you can find in nutraplanet.com website.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Shoot for AT LEAST 1g of protein per pound you want to weigh, 1.5g per pound you want to weigh is ideal. as far as carbs go, 2g's for every pound you want to weigh is a good number to shoot for. And remember, those are COMPLEX carbs, try to get them in as early in the day as possible too... As a beginner, you should maintain your focus on a good solid diet, and perhaps add a whey protein shake or two to the mix. I also recommend people take a fish oil supplement as well. Some people don't respond to creatine, which is a shame, cause it's fairly inexpensive.

A note on your diet: do not simply eliminate fats in your diet, but be selective as to what fats you do eat. Your best gains will come from what you eat(DIET)!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great advice so far. Definitely eat more ;) You'll be amazed at what eating the right foods and the right amount of them + proper training brings. Protein as a supplement is good to use post-workout, but also isn't mandatory (I always like my whey isolate shakes post-training, though), as it could be replaced by whole food with the same macro-nutrients (lean meat). Try using a calorie tracking website like fitday or something like that while you start out and that will help you realize what foods contain what macronutrients and after a while, you'll know what you need to eat without having to even log it in there.

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
listen to these guys!!! they know what they are talking about. plenty of good info on this forum. and glad to have you on here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bigman1292 Natural Bodybuilding 0
PhantomReaper General Chat 36
B Supplements 0
C Post Cycle Therapy 14
Dominus Anabolics 48