what is a stack and how do i use one?

this guy

Awards
i always hear about using stacks with certain supplements, what are they, how do i take them, and which ones do you recommend?

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
A stack is multiple supps taken together.. there are no set in stone stacks.. you do your research and you can stack what ever you like.. some things work well together.. such as Creatine Monohydrate and Beta Alanine.. it's really personal preference.. I mean there are companies that market their stacks, IE the Asteroid Stack by USP, but without knowing if their stuff works for you it would be a waste of money.

Do your research and find what works well in tandem.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i always hear about using stacks with certain supplements, what are they, how do i take them, and which ones do you recommend?
at your size, u dont need to stack anything. just eat right and train hard

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
you assume he means PH's.. currently I'm taking a ZMA and Trib stack.. that's not bad.. and that helps with natural stuffs.. a multivitamin and creatine is a stack.. don't be so jumpy...

but if you are meaning a PH of AAs.. you don't need them until you peak..

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Even a stack as simple as:

Whey
Multi-vitamin
Fish Oil
Creatine Monohydrate (optional)

is a great beginner stack. Stick with the basics at first and build your supps around what your body needs. Everyone is different.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
also if you have the cash Casein is great for before bed. It takes a long time to break down and keeps off Catabolism for longer while you sleep..

Also remember you only need like 30g of protein a meal. Taking in like 60g a meal isn't going to do much extra. Calories are important for bulking as well. Research farther into that stuff.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you assume he means PH's.. currently I'm taking a ZMA and Trib stack.. that's not bad.. and that helps with natural stuffs.. a multivitamin and creatine is a stack.. don't be so jumpy...

but if you are meaning a PH of AAs.. you don't need them until you peak..
no, even a natural stack, other than the staples, IMO he doesnt need. hes skinny right now. he can save money by eating his butt off and gain the weight. dont need to rely on supps for that. wait till u hit a good size. then think about taking something like HGHup and Free test stack. thats when u will see the best results from a stack. after u have experience in the gym and kitchen. if u gain five pounds off a stack and u arent eating for your new weight, u will go back to your weight u were at before you started the stack. learn how to train and eat first then come back on here with an idea of a stack u would like to run and we will lead you in the right direction from there. good luck

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I agree with all of what has been said -- nutrition, hard work, and a solid whey protein are going to be all you need for a good long while. You'll see people always searching for the latest and greatest supplements on these boards, but you won't often see them acknowledge the fact that whey protein is the best, most proven supplement that money can buy.

As a bit of anecdotal evidence, I started really getting into lifting when I was 19. With a lot of hard lifting and whey protein, I was able to put on 30 lbs of muscle in one year. Now, that also had to do with hormonal changes, etc at the time, but it just goes to prove that those things are really all you need as a beginner. I still have the stretch marks on my upper biceps from the extremely rapid growth to prove it.

Once you get past those initial years of easy gains, balancing your physique and adding mass becomes more of a challenge. I would suggest waiting until that point before you start diving deeper into the world of supplements and "stacks." As you're getting more serious about lifting, if you aren't getting the results you want, just read up as much as you can on technique and nutrition. I promise you it will pay off more than anything else you can do.

this guy

Awards
well see the thing is i already have been doing all that naturally. i have been lifting seriously fr about 2-3 years now and i eat far more than you would guess by looking at me. its just that it isnt doing much at all for me, its my genes. my entire family was always athletic as hell, but thin their whole lives and i am the same way. so it think i may need to rely on supplements if the basics arent doing it for me