Bulking AND Cardio... good or bad for muscle gain? - AnabolicMinds.com

Bulking AND Cardio... good or bad for muscle gain?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Bulking AND Cardio... good or bad for muscle gain?

I've been reading various stuff in alot of forums about bodybuilding, and I can't find an good answer. I'm currently on a bulk, consuming about 4000 kcal a day. I'm doing chest/triceps/shoulder Monday and Thursday and Back, Legs, Biceps Tuesday and Friday. Everyday I do about 30 min cardio at 150-170 bpm intensity. Will It slow down my muscle gain? Some people will say "yes", and some people will say that "as long as you are in a calorie surpluse, you will be fine"

It's very hard to find a good answer I think... I wouldn't skip my cardio! I think people who skip cardio on a bulk diet are lazy!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.

i was told if you do cardio while bulking do it after your lifting routine so you dont stress your body out before you lift, thats all ive ever heard. i jog 3 times a week bulking or not.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would continue doing some form of cardio, just to ensure you don't lose your lungs. However, I'd scale the cardio down during bulking so it's more effective when you want to cut (i.e. doing daily cardio now and then again when you cut won't be that much of a shock). Adjust your calories as needed to handle this. If you're gaining too fast and spilling over, scale them back a bit, etc.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

if u choose to do cardio, do it in form of sprinting. and yes, it is very beneficial whether bulking, cutting or during recomp. you just have to approach cardio in different ways depending on your goals. when i bulk, i do cardio in form on sprinting.

if you are worried about enough cals, then after u do your cardio, just eat an extra p&J with milk
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JonKaer View Post
    I've been reading various stuff in alot of forums about bodybuilding, and I can't find an good answer. I'm currently on a bulk, consuming about 4000 kcal a day. I'm doing chest/triceps/shoulder Monday and Thursday and Back, Legs, Biceps Tuesday and Friday. Everyday I do about 30 min cardio at 150-170 bpm intensity. Will It slow down my muscle gain? Some people will say "yes", and some people will say that "as long as you are in a calorie surpluse, you will be fine"

It's very hard to find a good answer I think... I wouldn't skip my cardio! I think people who skip cardio on a bulk diet are lazy!
    If you want to do cardio, do it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It will not slow down your muscle gain, no - as long as you are eating enough to cover that energy expenditure and getting enough for muscle accretion.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    If you want to do cardio, do it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It will not slow down your muscle gain, no - as long as you are eating enough to cover that energy expenditure and getting enough for muscle accretion.

~Rosie~
    Agreed. Cardio is great when you are bulking... just keep it low intensity and shorter duration. Cardio has so many benefits to health and wellness there is no reason you should not do it. It helps you assimilate all the food you are eating better IMO, as well as all the positive benefits to your overall training that increased cardiovascular health and endurance give you.

BEAST
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.

why don't you do GPP work instead of cardio, drag around a sled or tyre and push a prowler around.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

IMO more work more food=better body composition. John Berardi calls it g-flux, every time I've made good gains it was from doing more work and eating more rather than limiting myself to gym work in a pursuit of maximum recovery.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. good MUSCLE to Fat gain RATIO?
    By ccapone1153 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM
  2. looking for a good diet to follow to gain muscle but keep fat off
    By mikethebeast in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 05:16 PM