need help to gain..

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

Question need help to gain..

hey everyone im 21 i weigh 158 pounds im trying to get to 175 in 3 to 5 months ive had many peopl tell me different things to take to get bigger, test boosters, pro hormones, increase calories and protein.. i have increased protein and calories i take a weight gainer and still nothing, i work out 4 days a week.. is there anything you guys can recommend to help.. i have tried a lot of supplements but not much to strong... looking for help from some experienced people...

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Post your diet, that's the only way anyone can really help.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.42%

Your too young for test boosters and PH's. You do need to post your daily diet like JComp said. Also, think about adding a form of Creatine and maybe a preworkout.
    Anabolic Designs Represenative
    Perform and Transform
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/171721-boagrius-logging-pes.html
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by GageM View Post
    hey everyone im 21 i weigh 158 pounds im trying to get to 175 in 3 to 5 months ive had many peopl tell me different things to take to get bigger, test boosters, pro hormones, increase calories and protein.. i have increased protein and calories i take a weight gainer and still nothing, i work out 4 days a week.. is there anything you guys can recommend to help.. i have tried a lot of supplements but not much to strong... looking for help from some experienced people...
    Supplements are not the answer. Look again at your NUTRITION AND TRAINING. If you are not gaining, you are NOT EATING ENOUGH, period!

You do not need any supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle!

I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

my diet isnt the best i dont eat fast food though, all my foods are at home i got laid off so living with parents, eat what they get.. i take mhp mass gainer 1 serving, take l glutamines, l arginine, opti men vitamins, gold standard whey.. i eat around 3200 calories with my gainer.. and money is an option but i ges i can try and double up my pweight gainer if that may help
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.06%

my diet isnt the best i dont eat fast food though, all my foods are at home i got laid off so living with parents, eat what they get.. i take mhp mass gainer 1 serving, take l glutamines, l arginine, opti men vitamins, gold standard whey.. i eat around 3200 calories with my gainer.. and money is an option but i ges i can try and double up my pweight gainer if that may help

I eat fast food every day ... sometimes I buy two grilled chicken sandwiches at Sonic (with nothing on them) ... then I throw away one bun and eat two breasts on one wheat bun. Good stuff.

When I really need to gain - I get a plain (nothing on it) Double Quarter Pounder with no cheese at Mickey D's.

I learnt this from Triple X's book ... he said, as a wrestler, he's always on the road and sometimes you have to compromise - and real food is always better than a supplement.

On Fridays I usually eat a half a chicken at Stonewall's Barbeque. No sauce - just half a bird - and it's AWESOME.

And tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  143 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%

@Gage,

imho this is counterintuitive, but consider dropping your workouts down to two a week.
    They can still be intense but this will give your body more time to recooperate.
    I find that I make tremendous gains only working out twice a week and I have a ton of muscle on me.
    Last edited by bulk up man; 03-10-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: grammar
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

and what kinda pre workout would you guys suggest, ive tried superpump, jacked, no xplode, aakg powder none helped at all...
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

and what kinda pre workout would you guys suggest, ive tried superpump, jacked, no xplode, aakg powder none helped at all...
    As I said before, stop relying on supplements. If you're going to rely on supplements to get you where you want to go, you will fail every time (harsh as that sounds).

If you're going to use a preworkout product, the best one out there IMO is Assault. However, preworkout products are not going to do for you what you cannot do for yourself as far as motivating yourself to train or get through a session, and as I also said before, you need to go BACKS TO BASICS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

my workouts and motivation are not a problem i go 4 days a week sometimes more i love going id go everyday if i could and i lift hard everytime, jus like i said hard to gain size and weight i know diet is not best but dont have alot of money got laid off and live at home... and my diet for the day is now posted... i have about another 5 hrs till i sleep tho i will eat seconds of the polish dinner...
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.68%

If money is such a problem how are you planning on buying these supplements you are asking people to recommend? Spend that money which you have set aside for supps on food. Multiple members have already stated diet>supplements.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

i dont mean supplements like expensive gnc crap, i just asked if that would help and what i mean is cheap little things that may help me gain wieght even a suggestion on a good weight gainer to take with my food... whatever can help and ya i know i gta look at my diet but what part of it?? i know what they said and no one told me anything specific besides a mcds burger haha which i love and rosie told me bcaas and all that but i already take plenty of that my diet today was almost 4k calories and i wana xplode
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

my workouts and motivation are not a problem i go 4 days a week sometimes more i love going id go everyday if i could and i lift hard everytime, jus like i said hard to gain size and weight i know diet is not best but dont have alot of money got laid off and live at home... and my diet for the day is now posted... i have about another 5 hrs till i sleep tho i will eat seconds of the polish dinner...
    All I'm hearing are excuses. If you want something, you do it, period. You find a way to make it work.

i dont mean supplements like expensive gnc crap, i just asked if that would help and what i mean is cheap little things that may help me gain wieght even a suggestion on a good weight gainer to take with my food... whatever can help and ya i know i gta look at my diet but what part of it?? i know what they said and no one told me anything specific besides a mcds burger haha which i love and rosie told me bcaas and all that but i already take plenty of that my diet today was almost 4k calories and i wana xplode
    As I said, "If you are not gaining, you are NOT EATING ENOUGH, period!
    If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!
    I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!"

At 4,000 calories, most individuals at your bodyweight SHOULD be making gains on that amount. Chances are you're not actually eating as much as you think. And if you are and you're not gaining on that, then you're not training correctly or not giving yourself enough recovery - look at ALL the factors, and stop trying to focus on the supplements!

Look at ALL of your diet. Take a look around - as I mentioned in my first response, there is PLENTY of information around if you take the time to actually LOOK instead of just expecting everyone to just hand you the answers. Learn how to fish for yourself!

~Rosie~

14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Then buy a jar of natural peanut butter, and eat like you were before, but have 2-4 table spoons of on with each meal for extra calories.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

eat food. lots of it. check out my article in the training section

Article for Newbs/people who want a fresh start
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Lit Up is a great pre workout at a really good price. IMO, everyone responds to pre workouts differently. some like _____brand, while others hate it
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Im gonna suggest Jim Wendlers Diet tips that i personally use lol
    Eat a source of protein at each meal, eat your body weight min in grams per day
    Eat a fruit or veggie at each meal
    Avoid Protein Powder and always go for whole food whenever possible
    Eat a carbohydrate at each meal (I dont eat them before bed just because they give me a lot of energy id never sleep and not eating them allows me to wake up hungry)
    Drink a gallon of whole milk per day on top of your food. Consider this your weight gainer, loaded with quality protein, carbs, nutrients, and fats and about 2700 cals a day for 3 dollars? HELL YEA
    Forget the supps until diet is in place.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

wouuld peanut butter help as in peanut butter and jelly cuz i cant stand just peanut butter alone..
    to: EasyEJL
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Preworkouts have nothing to do with weight gain. The only way you will gain is by eating. A thing that helped me was making my own weight gainer by grinding upp oats and pputting it in protien with a few tbs of evoo. Took that two times a day. Eat about 6 meals a day about 600 calories apiece.
  20. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

wouuld peanut butter help as in peanut butter and jelly cuz i cant stand just peanut butter alone..
    to: EasyEJL
    Sure that will work, and you can also add a couple table spoons into shakes too. The main point to using pb is that it is caloricaly dense, providing a high amount of healthy calories in a small amount of volume. So it will make it easier to reach a higher calorie total.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.51%

well ill do that then cuz i drink two shakes a day thanks
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Good. If you look at it, a pound of chicken breasts is maybe 300-500 calories. A pound of natural peanut butter is almost 2000 calories. So when trying to bulk natural peanut butter is a really easy way to add the calories.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.66%

NO XPLODE has always been the best for me. The post-workout from BSN (CELLMASS) has helped me put on size as well. If you get them both from ___, it'll only be like 60-70 bucks for the two of them. I think whatever supps you go with, you should try to stick to the brand, as they will work better together with one another. IE dont take a pre workout by Gaspari or USPlabs with a post workout by BSN. And make sure you read the instructions on the best way to take them. You don't need alot of other supps except maybe a multivitamin and fish oils. Make sure you eat a ton, all day long and all night long. Seriously, if you gorge yourself all the time, you should see gains in size. As long you you work hard, those gains shouldn't be too fat either.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.7%

Bodybuilding foods cost much less than tasty fat foods. My staple foods: milk, chicken (even frozen if I'm a little low on cash), peanut butter, steel cut oats, cottage cheese... All cheap as hell...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Fat gain in PCT
    By Texan281 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
  3. can i gain AND cut?
    By BIGtuna73 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 11:10 AM
  4. what would i gain the most off of