Bulking and cutting?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.37%

Bulking and cutting?

Isdoing alot of cardio and cutting your calories on off days to make sure im not gaining any fat while on a cleanish bulk ok, or is it just gonna screw my body and gains up, cuz at the moment my foot is completely screwed which makes cardio very limited and therefore just too hard to cut then bulk, so just gonna bulk, and hopefully not just put on 5 kgs of fat on again

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mjdalegend View Post
    Isdoing alot of cardio and cutting your calories on off days to make sure im not gaining any fat while on a cleanish bulk ok, or is it just gonna screw my body and gains up, cuz at the moment my foot is completely screwed which makes cardio very limited and therefore just too hard to cut then bulk, so just gonna bulk, and hopefully not just put on 5 kgs of fat on again
    If you're bulking, then whether or not you gain fat, lean mass, or a proportion of both is primarily going to be dependent on your NUTRITION. You don't want to cut calories too much on off days - perhaps go down to Maintenance. If you cycle calories, you're more likely to get a recomp than a straight out bulk, be aware.

You do not need to do a lot of cardio, and if your goal is to "bulk", then if you do cardio, you need to ensure that you are eating ENOUGH to cover that energy expenditure. If your foot makes doing cardio difficult, then do something where it is not affected, such as swimming, etc.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.37%

Thanks Rosie, haha but i cnt swim and dont have access to a pool, need a part time job lol.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks Rosie, haha but i cnt swim and dont have access to a pool, need a part time job lol.
    No worries

Doesn't matter if you can't swim. Flutterboard, pool-walk, etc. Anyways, doesn't matter of you can't do cardio - just watch your calories and manipulate them on a weekly basis depending on your results.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.37%

Im down to about 1500 at the moment, i hate being so light, short and not being able to do anything, cant wait till im healed it wont matter eat double haha, but uhh how do i increase my metabolism, besides getting lots of protein and eating lots of little meals?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Im down to about 1500 at the moment, i hate being so light, short and not being able to do anything, cant wait till im healed it wont matter eat double haha, but uhh how do i increase my metabolism, besides getting lots of protein and eating lots of little meals?
    Seriously? I am heavier than you at a lot shorter, and I am also eating at least 2-3 times as much as you for CUTTING!

Getting lots of protein and eating lots of small meals is not necessarily going to increase your metabolism. Eating more often can help keep your metabolism high, but training is also going to do this, and the more intense the better.

I recommend doing some more research re nutrition and training.

If you are recovering from an injury, though, your rehabilitation plan should cover training.

On a random note, noticed that you are from New Zealand - my much beloved and missed homeland. What part are you in?

~Rosie~

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.37%

Auckland and i dont have a rehab plan, rehab for me includes no impact or weight bearing on the toes (stress fracture of middle toe) which means no sport no running and avoiding walking, which means im not buring many calories cuz im so inactive.
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Auckland and i dont have a rehab plan, rehab for me includes no impact or weight bearing on the toes (stress fracture of middle toe) which means no sport no running and avoiding walking, which means im not buring many calories cuz im so inactive.
    You DON'T have a rehabilitation programme? Then I suggest that you get one! If you are in the early stages of one, where you should be minimizing pain and stress to the injured area, then I can understand, but NOT having one is a plan called "stupid".

If you're not as active as you were, then adjust your nutrition re caloric intake if you do not want to gain bodyfat. Be at Maintenance - Maintenance would have to be adjusted for you according to your new activity level - until you can start exercising again.

Aside from that, I recommend that you get yourself a trainer who knows what they're doing to set you out a nutrition plan and rehabilitation programme (this should include ALL training) specific to you re your goals and needs - since it sounds like you do not know how to do this for yourself.

~Rosie~

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking and cutting??
    By mjdalegend in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 12:15 AM
  2. Bulking - Then Cutting
    By CrazyBassGuy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 07:20 PM
  3. Bulking and cutting?
    By Jacked09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5