Bulking.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

Bulking.

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm Daniel, I'm 17, I'm 6ft. 3 and I weigh 210 pounds.

Could anyone post a good bulking workout, diet and good suplements please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by JonesyDaniel View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm Daniel, I'm 17, I'm 6ft. 3 and I weigh 210 pounds.

Could anyone post a good bulking workout, diet and good suplements please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    First, to AM.

Now to business . . .

At 17 years old, you do not need any supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) - I don't recommend using anything else until you're older and have built up a solid training base. NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to NOT lift almost daily - your body NEEDS recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

Instead of expecting someone to just hand you a programme, etc. (this takes a lot of time and effort - more than most realize - to do it properly for an individual), I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

Thanks Rosie, that's helped alot.

When I started bulking a year or so ago, I was eating around 4,500+ calories and lifting for 3 hours each day. I didn't gain much muscle and weight so I don't know what happened their. A few people I know said to not add cardio because the weight will dissapear in a matter of no time.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks Rosie, that's helped alot.

When I started bulking a year or so ago, I was eating around 4,500+ calories and lifting for 3 hours each day. I didn't gain much muscle and weight so I don't know what happened their. A few people I know said to not add cardio because the weight will dissapear in a matter of no time.
    No worries

Yeah, three hours is far too much time to be lifting, IMO - you were probably NOT eating enough to cover your energy expenditure. If you didn't gain, you were NOT EATING ENOUGH or not eating enough and not training correctly for mass gains either!

You can do cardio when looking for mass gains - you just have to make sure that you're eating enough to cover the resistance AND cardio training energy expenditure and THEN SOME, because if you want to gain, you have to be consuming MORE THAN MAINTENANCE calories, period!

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

Yeah, three hours is far too much time to be lifting, IMO - you were probably NOT eating enough to cover your energy expenditure. If you didn't gain, you were NOT EATING ENOUGH or not eating enough and not training correctly for mass gains either!

You can do cardio when looking for mass gains - you just have to make sure that you're eating enough to cover the resistance AND cardio training energy expenditure and THEN SOME, because if you want to gain, you have to be consuming MORE THAN MAINTENANCE calories, period!

~Rosie~
    Ah, so I would have to eat more than 4,500+ calories a day? How long would you suggest I lift for a day? Would 30mins of cardio be ok aswell?

Thanks.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Ah, so I would have to eat more than 4,500+ calories a day? How long would you suggest I lift for a day? Would 30mins of cardio be ok aswell?

Thanks.
    You'd have to find out what your Maintenance calories are and eat MORE than them - generally recommended as 300-500 calories above and go from there.

I personally don't recommend more than ~45 minutes when lifting, and you don't need to lift daily either - your body makes progress when you're NOT lifting, and RECOVERY is VERY important.

You can do cardio if you're eating enough to cover it.

Like I said, read those articles, and I seriously think you should look into getting yourself a trainer, because they will be able to write you out something perfect for YOU. Besides, if you're going to do something, it's better to start out doing it RIGHT than not!

~Rosie~

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

You'd have to find out what your Maintenance calories are and eat MORE than them - generally recommended as 300-500 calories above and go from there.

I personally don't recommend more than ~45 minutes when lifting, and you don't need to lift daily either - your body makes progress when you're NOT lifting, and RECOVERY is VERY important.

You can do cardio if you're eating enough to cover it.

Like I said, read those articles, and I seriously think you should look into getting yourself a trainer, because they will be able to write you out something perfect for YOU. Besides, if you're going to do something, it's better to start out doing it RIGHT than not!

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie, that's helped me ALOT.

Would Whey Protein help aswell? A few of my mates take Weight Gainer but other people said Whey Protein is better.
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Thanks Rosie, that's helped me ALOT.

Would Whey Protein help aswell? A few of my mates take Weight Gainer but other people said Whey Protein is better.
    You're welcome.

You can use whey as part of your protein supplementation. Don't rely on shakes, etc. for your protein, though, and get as much of your protein requirements as possible from FOOD.

~Rosie~

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

You're welcome.

You can use whey as part of your protein supplementation. Don't rely on shakes, etc. for your protein, though, and get as much of your protein requirements as possible from FOOD.

~Rosie~
    Thanks.

How do I find out what my maintenance calories are?

Thanks.
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Thanks.

How do I find out what my maintenance calories are?

Thanks.
    There are many calculations and equations that you can do this with; do a search and make sure that the one you use takes into account sex, age, height, body mass, and activity level - just an example of one: Estimating Energy Expenditure Calculation (to get calories divide kilojoules by 4.2). Be aware though, that these calculations and equations just provide and ESTIMATION of your Maintenance and it is usually higher than estimated - hence why it is recommended to adjust your caloric intake on a weekly basis depending on your results for that week.

~Rosie~

11. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.25%

There are many calculations and equations that you can do this with; do a search and make sure that the one you use takes into account sex, age, height, body mass, and activity level - Estimating Energy Expenditure Calculation[/url] (to get calories divide kilojoules by 4.2). Be aware though, that these calculations and equations just provide and ESTIMATION of your Maintenance and it is usually higher than estimated - hence why it is recommended to adjust your caloric intake on a weekly basis depending on your results for that week.

~Rosie~
    I used the Gettinglean.com one.

It came back as 3759 to contain my current weight. Should I make it up to 4,500?
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

It came back as 3759 to contain my current weight. Should I make it up to 4,500?
    If you got that as maintenance, then starting as 4500 should be fine. Remember that before you were lifting for 3 hours, which burned a good bit of extra pointless calories. So with a 45-75 minute workout, you'll burn less. Re-evaluate every week, don't be afraid to bump up another 100-200 calories a day weekly.
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Definitely - adjust at the end of each week based on your results, either down or up.

~Rosie~

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Just finished reading your thread and, like always, Rosie has some great advice to give. The only thing that troubled me was the 3 hour training sessions. I feel like I should address this as I have struggled over the years with duration vs. intensity vs. amount of sets vs. amount of reps.
    1. Most successful bodybuilders spend an hour or less per day in the gym.
    2. If you were able to lift for 3 hours, your intensity level may be low.( when I hit 1 hour & 20 minutes, I am usually extremely fatigued)
    3. Most people who overtrain have no idea they are overtraining, they just simply dont gain(especially those under 25)
    4. I dont believe you can eat enough to cover that much calorie expenditure and "bulk" ,especially being over 200 lbs.
    5. When I bulk, I spend way less time in the gym because I only do heavy multijoint movements and too many sets make it very hard to recover ( deadlifts, squats, bench press, close grip bench press, weighted dips, heavy upright rows, barbell curls, weighted lunges, etc)
    6. Also from my experience, I will not bulk unless carbs are taken just as seriously as protein throughout the day except at bedtime. Some may not agree with me but I believe weight gainer is a massive waste of money. Real solid food( and lots of it) is the way to go.
    Hope some of this helps but this is all my own personal experience and some info I've picked up over the years.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.83%

Bulking-Beginner Steroid Cycle (Dianabol)

Week Dianabol Arimidex Clomid
    1 30mgs/ED 0.25 mgs ED
    2 30 mgs/ED 0.25 mgs ED
    3 40 mgs/ED 0.25 mgs ED
    4 40 mgs/ED 0.25 mgs ED
    5 50 mgs/ED .5 mgs ED
    6 30 mgs/ED 0.25 mgs ED
    7 0.25 mgs E0D 50 mgs/ ED
    8 50 mgs/ ED
    9 50 mgs/ ED

ED= Every Day
    EOD= Every other day

Note: This schedule is just a D-bol cycle for 6 weeks so side-effects will be minimized and it is simply to gain mass, not to lean out. I think it is a very interesting schedule I want to try for my mass portion. What do you think?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
  2. Need a bulking PH
    By ls1danny in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 11:01 PM
  3. steroid bulking vs regular bulking
    By bbkhan87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM
  4. T3 while bulking....