Post Your Bulking Diet and Results

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

Post Your Bulking Diet and Results

Originally I thought I wanted to start a PH cycle to help with my lack of weight gain.

However, after much input from AM users (thanks guys) I have concluded that I will gain about 30-40 lbs before I do a cycle...or until i stop getting gains naturally.

With that said My goal is to go from 130 lbs to 160 lbs.

Would you all post your diet (could be detailed or attachments if its too much to type) and how long it took to get to what your goal was?

I've read through many posts and some users post their diet there but no one central hub for a diets and their results...at least not that i have found. Sticky?

Enough Rambling. Again, thanks for the feedback users!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

I think this thread is going to be a failure LOL
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.77%

Hey buddy! Sorry noone has had anything to say here yet. Threads sometimes just dont take off haha.. I've had it happen to me plenty. Anywho There are a lot of different bulking setups. I personally go for a 40/40/20 which means 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20%fat... But there are other splits.. 50/20/10, 33/33/33... its really just up to you. My advice is really for you to search through the bulking threads... All the info you need to know is there and you really are going to have to try them and see what you like best!!!! REMEMBER.... EAT BIG TO GROW BIG haha how old are you by the way?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh123 View Post
    Hey buddy! Sorry noone has had anything to say here yet. Threads sometimes just dont take off haha.. I've had it happen to me plenty. Anywho There are a lot of different bulking setups. I personally go for a 40/40/20 which means 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20%fat... But there are other splits.. 50/20/10, 33/33/33... its really just up to you. My advice is really for you to search through the bulking threads... All the info you need to know is there and you really are going to have to try them and see what you like best!!!! REMEMBER.... EAT BIG TO GROW BIG haha how old are you by the way?
    Hello my good man. Yeah I've researched the threads and seen of a lot of examples. Just thought there should be one place for it for future reference instead of the next person having to dig through all of them as well.

Any who, I'm 22 sir. Just started logging my calories on this android app so i can get a more accurate measure of what exactly is going into my body
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hey Gus, I'm glad you decided to stay away from the PH/DS route, at least for now. As we all said in your other post, you're not at that point yet, so kudos to you for deciding to try to go it the natural way first.

As far as bulking goes, I guess I'm one of those lucky ones who can eat anything in sight and not gain too much fat. If I'm not eating, I'm snacking. I always have something in hand and everyone notices it too. At work I'm known as the Cookie Monster 'cause I just keep eating and eating and some days I'm sure I'll put away 5000-6000 cals easily. If I were you, I'd do the same thing being that you are 130lbs. Don't be afraid to pack on some fat because it's bound to happen no matter what. Worry about packing on some size and strength because I'll be honest, it's much easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.77%

Hey brother! You are good man.. Keep doing what you are doing! Don't call me sir... I'm only 20 so i should be calling you sir... sure i'm 6'5'' and 280.. i'd probably call me sir too . Anywho brotha AM is a great place to gain your knowledge. I have been on here ever since high school finding things out as I go. You are 5'7'' so I know your body could support 180-185 no problem!! Here is a little equation that I use to help me out.

Body Weight x 18 = number of calories to take
    Number of calories x .40 = amount of protein in grams to take
    Number of calories x .40 = amount of carbs in grams to take
    Number of calories x .20 - amount of fat in grams

This is what I use... notice how it is for a 40/40/20 split. The same would apply for any other split. You may want to use 20 x BW if you are pretty active outside your workouts.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.76%

I would estimate I end up around 40/25/35... Bad at math 300-350 protein, 200-300c, 120-140f.... No carb after 6-7pm on workout days (before workout only) and not after 4pm on non-workout days. Most of my carbs from fruit... Add fat VERY easily and learned that even enhanced there is no point in bulking, if your genetics can't handle the extra muscle you WILL lose it when you try to cut. Sorry but it's true. I held 230-240 for a while and cut down to the same weight but less cut then when I helps 210-215 in the winter.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

My bulking diet...

I dont have all the specifics but its mostly a "dirty" bulk...more like 50/50. Between college full time/work full time/gym etc...its hard for me to get good home cooked CLEAN meal.

Anywho, im staying at about 3.2k-4k calories/day. I definitely am bulking up. I've gained about 11 pounds and haven't put on too much fat. But everyone is complimenting on me looking bigger. I'm now at 141 and hoping to get continue getting bigger.

BTW: im glad i decided to stay away from ph/ds for now. Not to knock anyone down or anything but i kind of like the fact that im getting all these compliments and putting in the hard work without the help of phs. Not meaning to put down anybody on ph as i'm sure i'll test them out in the future.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.76%

Quote Originally Posted by gus.medrano View Post
    I dont have all the specifics but its mostly a "dirty" bulk...more like 50/50. Between college full time/work full time/gym etc...its hard for me to get good home cooked CLEAN meal.

Anywho, im staying at about 3.2k-4k calories/day. I definitely am bulking up. I've gained about 11 pounds and haven't put on too much fat. But everyone is complimenting on me looking bigger. I'm now at 141 and hoping to get continue getting bigger.

BTW: im glad i decided to stay away from ph/ds for now. Not to knock anyone down or anything but i kind of like the fact that im getting all these compliments and putting in the hard work without the help of phs. Not meaning to put down anybody on ph as i'm sure i'll test them out in the future.
    I gotta hop in here... you staying away from PH's isn't a decision it's a no brainer. You're a good 30 pounds away from even considering it I hope
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I am extremely busy with work,school, and life. The only way I gain weight is with a backpack. I stock it every week with canned tuna and fish, turkey chili, protein bars, nuts and raisins, a tub of protein, oat bars, a loaf of whole grain bread, pre workout creatine/NO mix, all my supplements/vitamins and 2 large water bottles. I am only home for maybe 2 meals a day and I dont trust any fast food. To bulk, you can never skip meals and need 30-40 grams of protein every 2-3 hours + your carb requirements. This is the only way I have found to be successful when on the run constantly.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

Quote Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post
    I gotta hop in here... you staying away from PH's isn't a decision it's a no brainer. You're a good 30 pounds away from even considering it I hope
    the fellas here at AM have made me realize its a no brainer.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%

High Protein, High carbs, Medium fat
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.86%

Hi there, im also working on bulking. 6" and started at 135 made it to 160, my target weight is 172 (dont ask my why that specific number, I dont know) im only 12 pounds off. Im sure once I get to 172 I will want to be even bigger, because 172 isn't huge, but its definitely a healthy weight for an ectomorphic bodybuilder. Especially one who wants to be fast, agile, and athletic.

Im glad your not into the pro hormones. The thing about bodybuilding, is it takes time, and consistency. I gaurantee you that if you eat above 3.5k cals everyday, and train 5 days a week for a year, you will get to your goal. Its the only thing that works besides PH and steroids which can have unexpected side effects (you never know whats going to happen to you later in life).

Anyways my diet goes like this. I am hungry all the time, so I eat all the time, plenty of carbs, protein, and fats. Most of all carbs. Both vegetables and junk foods... everything all the time. Peanut butter, toast, cookies, creatine and juice before the gym. Mcdonalds, pizza, pop, salads, fruit, beets, chicken, pork, chinese food, candy, salad, tomatoes, good home cookin, lots of white bread, pastries and donuts, and whole wheat and brown grains as well!!! You need the fiber to help with cholesterol from the fried chicken!!! I always ate a lot before I started lifting, but I wouldn't gain weight. The only way I can gain weight is by lifting weight, and slowly putting on muscle.

Oh and no late nights of heavy drinking. Just a few drinks, with a run to mcdonalds, and make sure you sleep in so you get 8 hours.

Im certain within 3-4 months I can reach my target weight. I will let you know how it goes.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 03:09 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 11:26 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 10:45 AM
  4. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 03:08 AM
  5. serious Post cycle/post comp bulk diet help!
    By savagebeast in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 02:59 PM