Powerbuilding!

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
Starting the BossHogg Routine today, had my first "push" workout and boy did i feel good after only a 40 minute workout!

Push:
Squats
Bench Press
Military Press
Close Grip Bench

Pull:
Deadlifts
Barbell Rows
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
Jailhouse Rows

Working out monday-wednesday-friday, doing abs/forearms/calves/cardio tuesday and thursday, maybe saturdays

Diet:
Gainer shake first thing in the morning and after workout+20 minutes 3.5 mph @ 8.5 incline
2 whole eggs, 12 egg whites, scoop of whey (first meal)
12 oz chicken / steak, sweet potatoe, scoop of whey (every 2-3 hours)
Two scoops casein (before bed)

Any tips/criticism much appreciated, looking to improve on all my compound movements... and basically get ****ing huge :biggthumpup:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
To add to rodjas comment dips. Weighted if possible.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
16 years old? 6'2" and 210lbs. That has to be an error!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Nah, it's possible. I was 6'4", 230 at 16. I wasn't ripped, but I was big.
Lucky prick. I was about 5'4" and 115lbs at 16. Ive since grown, but tis my genetics that filling out late is our curse.

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
haha no error here, ive always been a big kid.
And a question about dips: a few weeks ago, i was doing weighted dips, and attempted three plates. the first few reps went good, then at the bottom of the fourth rep, i felt like a crack/pop across my sternum, and I thought my chest split open! Much to my relief I looked down and I was still intact, but to this day I cant even do bodyweight dips without a splitting pain, although i can do any other chest exercise (bench, flyes, pullovers, push ups, etc) just fine. any ideas?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get it checked out. MrKleen can't do weighted dips for the same reason - he messed up his sternum. I don't think he did it doing dips, though. Either way, that's something for a Dr. to look into.

B

bluesfan4eva

Awards
Starting the BossHogg Routine today, had my first "push" workout and boy did i feel good after only a 40 minute workout!

Push:
Squats
Bench Press
Military Press
Close Grip Bench

Pull:
Deadlifts
Barbell Rows
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
Jailhouse Rows

Working out monday-wednesday-friday, doing abs/forearms/calves/cardio tuesday and thursday, maybe saturdays

Diet:
Gainer shake first thing in the morning and after workout+20 minutes 3.5 mph @ 8.5 incline
2 whole eggs, 12 egg whites, scoop of whey (first meal)
12 oz chicken / steak, sweet potatoe, scoop of whey (every 2-3 hours)
Two scoops casein (before bed)

Any tips/criticism much appreciated, looking to improve on all my compound movements... and basically get ****ing huge :biggthumpup:
looks fun gotta love those compound exercises

T

TheKanezzi

Awards
I love the bosshogg routine, i ran it for about 9months. My only suggestion is to keep intensity high, otherwise this routine is not that great. But, with high intensity its great. Dont add too much to it, and yes tons of chins and dips would be great

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
ive been doing this routine for like two weeks now (third week tomorrow) and its rediculous fun, my strength is going up each week and i love the feeling of constantly pushing and pulling crazy weights. just gotta get my sleep and diet on point (winter recess was this week so my diet went to ****) and we'll see how far i can push this!
as far as chins and dips, you think i could include them before the workout as a kind of warm up or should i just adjust the exercises im doing to fit them in?

T

TheKanezzi

Awards
i would do chins on pull, dips on push, plus i would add them into the end of the workout.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
12oz chicken + a scoop of whey is way overkill for anyone except a 300 pound pro. NO need for 100g of protein at each meal

S

Swift

Awards
12oz chicken + a scoop of whey is way overkill for anyone except a 300 pound pro. NO need for 100g of protein at each meal
ya just wasting protein your body cant digest that much protein at once.i wouldn't take a over 45 grams per meal,and just increase the amount of meals.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
ya just wasting protein your body cant digest that much protein at once.i wouldn't take a over 45 grams per meal,and just increase the amount of meals.
I personally do 50-60, this whole "most amount you can process" is a bit of a myth. You will process if but it will become glucose and energy or fat. You do however start training your body to do this more readily which isn't a good thing.

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
Yea I cut out the protein shake with each meal, became too expensive, I guess I went a bit overboard with my protein intake

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Yea I cut out the protein shake with each meal, became too expensive, I guess I went a bit overboard with my protein intake
The protein that costs .50 a scoop got too expensive? What about the $5 in chicken at each meal?

I am not advocating protein over chicken just saying protein powder SAVES money

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
but then again chicken and steak are whole food sources and provide a different variety of amino acids and more calories than just guzzling protein shakes

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
but then again chicken and steak are whole food sources and provide a different variety of amino acids and more calories than just guzzling protein shakes
Other reasons can be used but price isn't one of them. Chicken provides very little additional calories...

I'd think at your age the parents are willing to buy you the food without question but put a budget on the protein?

It's all good though, just use whatever works for you but don't think either is better or worse on their own (not considering all circumstances) I know food and protein each work best for me at different times in my day and life. Will say most bloated I ever was when I sent to straight protein shakes during finals in college.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i think 100g of protien or more each meal is very possible to digest....

do u think a fu*king caveman only digested 30-60g protien every time he killed a buffalo?

plus its a very different period of digestion whey vs chicken ...

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
i think 100g of protien or more each meal is very possible to digest....

do u think a fu*king caveman only digested 30-60g protien every time he killed a buffalo?

plus its a very different period of digestion whey vs chicken ...
Digest... YES... assimilate? NO

You WILL digest anything you eat - nothing will get wasted it will just be turned into very expensive sugar.

Also you simplistic caveman idea... They would go days without any protein, starvation and super compensation changes your body juuuuust a little

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
so its been about four weeks since i started the program, and ive definately gone up in all my lifts, but ive gained some unwanted fat, and i havent put on much muscle, except for in my quads and back. My arms look like theyve lost some mass. My abs have gone from a six pack to barely a four pack, ive developed love handles, and my glutes/chest are starting to get, for loss of a better word, just plain droopy. ive cut out the carbs after my 5 o clock meal, switched out the casein for 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese, and switched from a whole sweet potatoe to only half. im constantly tired even though im getting 6-8 hours of sleep, and over the passed week my workouts have gone downhill. Now i know you are supposed to put on some fat during bulking, but its packing on way too fast. what should i do?

T

TheKanezzi

Awards
Sounds like too many calories, if you post up everything you normally eat we can help you better

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
Sounds like too many calories, if you post up everything you normally eat we can help you better
Its at the top of this thread and i made changes to it in the paragraph i wrote before

BigBen89

BigBen89

Awards
I was about 285lbs at 6ft when I was 16, and ripped to shreads! Nah, im joking I was a fat F****, but im down to 192lbs now

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many times a day are you eating and long do you wait between meals?

Reason I ask is because I recently went from eating every 2 hours to eating every 3.5-4.5 hours. I still eat the same amount at the end of the day but I'm not force feeding myself every 2 hours. Also I take 5 grams of BCAAs 2 hours after every meal. I haven't lost any mass like I thought I would. In fact I look fuller and my waist is thinning out. I'm also not as bloated and i don't feel as tired thru out the day.

fballfanatik3

fballfanatik3

Awards
How many times a day are you eating and long do you wait between meals?

Reason I ask is because I recently went from eating every 2 hours to eating every 3.5-4.5 hours. I still eat the same amount at the end of the day but I'm not force feeding myself every 2 hours. Also I take 5 grams of BCAAs 2 hours after every meal. I haven't lost any mass like I thought I would. In fact I look fuller and my waist is thinning out. I'm also not as bloated and i don't feel as tired thru out the day.
Usually 2 hours. at first i did have to force myself to eat these, but now my metabolism has caught on, and if i dont eat every two hours i literally feel like i havent eaten in days. i eat whole foods five times a day (six if you count the cottage cheese, but ive switched back to casein protein since ive written this) and i have a weight gainer shake right when i wae up and 30 minutes after my workout/cardio (i take animal nitro as soon as im done with cardio)