Whats a good Creatine?

viking805fan

Awards
I'm planning on taking creatine to help with a bit of growth. What would be the cheapest and effective creatine out there?? Also would like to get a bottle with a decent amount of servings. Any difference between creatines that say to take dosage before and ones that say to take it after??

Oh one more thing, im taking jack3d and whey protein right now.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cheapest and most effective creatine would be Creapure can't beat 17 bucks for a kilo which will last you months.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Creapure is definitely the best as far as price and results. Creatine won't give you size though, it will allow you workout harder though, and also store a little more water in the muscles, which both in turn will lead to increased muscle gains, assuming diet is right of course.

viking805fan

Awards
would you guys recommend this one? Also how long would this last me? Would I have to take the Creatine Loading phase or is that BS?

Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder - found it on amazon with great reviews!

Sorry I cant post links yet... : (

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, the most efficient and clinically proven Creatine you can take is Creatine Monohydrate, doesn't matter which brand. I am not a rep, so I won't be recommending any brands (as seen above). The cheapest and best Creatine you can get for your money is found here: http://www.nutraplanet.com/ type in "Creatine" in the search feature and you are set...
500 grams for 9.95, beats all the above competitors. Its a great deal, and it best yet it works!

As correctly stated above Creatine will not make you bigger (not significantly, excluding water water) it will however afford you the ability to smash heavier weights and possess a better recovery function, which will allow you to grow and thus get bigger, dependent upon diet and commitment level.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm planning on taking creatine to help with a bit of growth. What would be the cheapest and effective creatine out there?? Also would like to get a bottle with a decent amount of servings. Any difference between creatines that say to take dosage before and ones that say to take it after??

Oh one more thing, im taking jack3d and whey protein right now.
Creatine monohydrate is the simplest and most effective, most tried and true and proven supplement available.

There is no difference in how they are recommended to be dosed - some recommend pre because they are included in preworkout products, and other post because they have nutrient repartitioning properties, etc. You can dose creatine pre, post, or pre AND post-training - the latter is actually how I prefer to do it, and was until I started using Assault.

Creatine products I recommend:
* Neovar Recomped
* Cre-02
* Kre-Alkalyn
* CreaPure

If you're using Jack3d, then you have no need for a separate creatine product, since it already contains creatine monohydrate, and you only need 2-3g a day to maintain muscle creatine threshold levels once they have been reached.

~Rosie~

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Bulk mono from NP for me as well!!

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
would you guys recommend this one? Also how long would this last me? Would I have to take the Creatine Loading phase or is that BS?

Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder - found it on amazon with great reviews!

Sorry I cant post links yet... : (
Optimum is a decent brand, never tried their mono before. Green bulge is another good one from controlled labs, but it has more than just creatine. Bulk is the way to go for single ingredients, as mentioned above, I use creapure, nutraplanet has their own line of bulks which are all solid as well. Loading phase is BS, I do 2.5g pre and 2.5g post workout, some people get along fine with just 2.5g once, others 5g once. Try it out and see what dosage works best for you.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
app nut sells mono called NeoVar and we have a few good promo's goin. one that is 35% off and another 40% off so if you want neovar, just PM me and i will give you those codes

Leigh123

Awards
CREAPURE ALL THE WAY....

I use to look like simon birch and now I look like the hulk... just saying

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm shocked to see everyone here say Mono is the most effective still.....cheapest yes, if you want a bunch of Creatine for low price then go for mono. But your also going to get what you pay for.....slow absorption, that will lead to water retention, very little change in performance.

Creatine Nitrate is the best for results, way faster absorption, which leads to no bloating, huge pumps and great performance boost. The logs and reviews speak for themself.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm shocked to see everyone here say Mono is the most effective still.....cheapest yes, if you want a bunch of Creatine for low price then go for mono. But your also going to get what you pay for.....slow absorption, that will lead to water retention, very little change in performance.

Creatine Nitrate is the best for results, way faster absorption, which leads to no bloating, huge pumps and great performance boost. The logs and reviews speak for themself.
agreed.
mono=cheap.
creatine nitrate=BEST!!!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my stomach cant handle mono or creapure, it gives me the runs, but i found that Magnesium Creatine Chelate, kre alkalyn, and other forms dont give me stomach problems like mono.

my personal favorite is either kre or MCC. bot are very good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my stomach cant handle mono or creapure, it gives me the runs, but i found that Magnesium Creatine Chelate, kre alkalyn, and other forms dont give me stomach problems like mono.

my personal favorite is either kre or MCC. bot are very good.
mcc is better than mono-but not as good as creatine nitrate.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
oh creatine... I've never experimented too much with it, have always stuck to bulk mono, or Neovar.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I was wondering is it possible to use the nitrate on training days, and creapure on no-training days so you could extend the life of a bottle of the nitrate?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, the most efficient and clinically proven Creatine you can take is Creatine Monohydrate, doesn't matter which brand. I am not a rep, so I won't be recommending any brands (as seen above). The cheapest and best Creatine you can get for your money is found here: http://www.nutraplanet.com/ type in "Creatine" in the search feature and you are set...
500 grams for 9.95, beats all the above competitors. Its a great deal, and it best yet it works!

As correctly stated above Creatine will not make you bigger (not significantly, excluding water water) it will however afford you the ability to smash heavier weights and possess a better recovery function, which will allow you to grow and thus get bigger, dependent upon diet and commitment level.
Not really true. Creapure is 17 for 1000g which beats 10 for 500g. This is also a purified creatine mono.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering is it possible to use the nitrate on training days, and creapure on no-training days so you could extend the life of a bottle of the nitrate?
Im running the Nitrate by APS tomorrow, and i'll be running it 7 days strong for 2 bottles worth:D... Much has been spoken about theis product:thumbsup:

I wouldnt see a problem mixing the two, if you only using the other for two days

heman10

heman10

Awards
kre alkalyn by Sci Fit, best creatine product I've used- good strength & size gains without the bloat!

princevince

Awards
  • Established
Not really true. Creapure is 17 for 1000g which beats 10 for 500g. This is also a purified creatine mono.
yeah and if you order from PP, they'll charge you $12.00 for shipping!!!WTF!!!:aargh:
so that put's it at $29.00. WTF?
not a good look PP!!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always liked to stay away from Creatine personally, but thats just because I get really bad water retention. Creatine Nitrate is the only creatine type product that doesn't give me water retention.

Not everyone gets as bad bloating off mono as I do tho, everyone is different, I think if your not getting bad water retention it would be great to just use 6 caps of Creatine Nitrate pre-workout and Creapure post-workout. Also 2-4 caps of Creatine Nitrate on off days with Creapure.

It may work as a great combo, I havn't seen anyone try using it that way, but it would be great to see someone log that dosing protocol :)

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
yeah and if you order from PP, they'll charge you $12.00 for shipping!!!WTF!!!:aargh:
not a good look PP!!!!
Yes exactly. So I stick by my original statement HTS, Bulk mono at NP, is still one of the best and cheapest, particularly when compared with the PP brand you mentioned. $12.00 is an exorbitant amount of mola for shipping and handling. Still the king of the world! lol....

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not a good look PP!!!!
Yes exactly. So I stick by my original statement HTS, Bulk mono at NP, is still one of the best and cheapest, particularly when compared with the PP brand you mentioned. $12.00 is an exorbitant amount of mola for shipping and handling. Still the king of the world! lol....
Use coupon code "sponsor10", which will bring your shipped total to 25.87, compared to 25.85 for 1000g shipped of the normal bulk. Purity is worth the two cents ;)

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Use coupon code "sponsor10", which will bring your shipped total to 25.87, compared to 25.85 for 1000g shipped of the normal bulk. Purity is worth the two cents ;)
Touché. Question, I understand that that PP creatine mono consists of "the German manufactured Creapure creatine," but what, if anything, is the difference between Creapure and say NP's bulk creatine?

Creapure's web site states the following as the "three pillars of Creapure":

-careful selection of raw materials
-high-performance technology thanks to sophisticated process engineering under GMP conditions
-precise chemical analysis

I was under the impression that NP also uses a "careful selection process" and utilizes GMP industry standards in all of their bulk products. And NP's bulk creatine is also screened for heavy metals, etc. in each manufactured batch, implying a fairly precise chemical analysis as well.

So what if anything makes Creapure more than just a brand name, backed by clever advertising and marketing? Not trying to be a d*ck, I am actually just curious about what scientific proof makes Creapure a more "pure" creatine product.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Touché. Question, I understand that that PP creatine mono consists of "the German manufactured Creapure creatine," but what, if anything, is the difference between Creapure and say NP's bulk creatine?

Creapure's web site states the following as the "three pillars of Creapure":

-careful selection of raw materials
-high-performance technology thanks to sophisticated process engineering under GMP conditions
-precise chemical analysis

I was under the impression that NP also uses a "careful selection process" and utilizes GMP industry standards in all of their bulk products. And NP's bulk creatine is also screened for heavy metals, etc. in each manufactured batch, implying a fairly precise chemical analysis as well.

So what if anything makes Creapure more than just a brand name, backed by clever advertising and marketing? Not trying to be a d*ck, I am actually just curious about what scientific proof makes Creapure a more "pure" creatine product.
I don't think you are being a d*ck at all. Questioning what people tell you is a good way to stay afloat in this industry.

All creatine is going to be sold as "high quality," "purified," "super crazy anabolic," when when it comes down to it, Creapure is the only brand that guarantees the lowest possible levels of creatinine, dicyandiamide, and dihydrotriazine. In fact, they release their analysis:

Creatine monohydrate: min. 99.95%
Creatinine: < 67 ppm (below the limit of detection)
Dicyandiamide (DCD): < 30 ppm
Dihydrotriazine (DHT): not detectable

Creapure has become recognized across the industry as the purest and high quality source for Creatine mono. The way I see it is, it may only be slightly better, but it may be significantly better, all dependent on which brand you are looking to compare it to, but why no just go with what you automatically know can't be beat?

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you are being a d*ck at all. Questioning what people tell you is a good way to stay afloat in this industry.

All creatine is going to be sold as "high quality," "purified," "super crazy anabolic," when when it comes down to it, Creapure is the only brand that guarantees the lowest possible levels of creatinine, dicyandiamide, and dihydrotriazine. In fact, they release their analysis:

Creatine monohydrate: min. 99.95%
Creatinine: < 67 ppm (below the limit of detection)
Dicyandiamide (DCD): < 30 ppm
Dihydrotriazine (DHT): not detectable

Creapure has become recognized across the industry as the purest and high quality source for Creatine mono. The way I see it is, it may only be slightly better, but it may be significantly better, all dependent on which brand you are looking to compare it to, but why no just go with what you automatically know can't be beat?
Excellent information HTS, reps given. That is literally the "cleanest" and more pure creatine chemical analysis I have ever witnessed. I am assuming that its laboratory certified, from a credible lab, etc.? I've lab reports that individuals have done, but those numbers are actually impressive.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if i were to ever use mono again creapure would be the one. but i am so sold on creatine nitrate it is doubtful i will ever use mono again.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if i were to ever use mono again creapure would be the one. but i am so sold on creatine nitrate it is doubtful i will ever use mono again.
BIGTEEEEEEEE!! You're eventually going to have to cycle off of your creatine nitrate lol :p

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BIGTEEEEEEEE!! You're eventually going to have to cycle off of your creatine nitrate lol :p
party pooper!

yeah, you are right. but when i do cycle off creatine nitrate i will probably use sns mcc.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
party pooper!

yeah, you are right. but when i do cycle off creatine nitrate i will probably use sns mcc.
I haven't tried Creatine Nitrate as of yet, read some interesting things about it. I raised my expectations for CEE in the past, and it didn't take for me, so I am a bit reluctant. What type of experiences, like recovery, gains, etc. have you received from Creatine Nitrate?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't tried Creatine Nitrate as of yet, read some interesting things about it. I raised my expectations for CEE in the past, and it didn't take for me, so I am a bit reluctant. What type of experiences, like recovery, gains, etc. have you received from Creatine Nitrate?
let me put it this way-creatine nitrate delivers on all the expectations we were expecting from cee, and then some. vastly superior to mono in every way, imho.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
let me put it this way-creatine nitrate delivers on all the expectations we were expecting from cee, and then some. vastly superior to mono in every way, imho.
Alright I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the heads up. Just noticed that ThermoLife's C-Bol, sold at NP, is a Creatine Nitrate supp...Just an FYI...in case anyone didn't know...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Alright I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the heads up. Just noticed that ThermoLife's C-Bol, sold at NP, is a Creatine Nitrate supp...Just an FYI...in case anyone didn't know...
haven't tried c-bol, also haven't seen many reviews. the aps brand on the other hand has a ton of good reviews. i am sticking with what i know works.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
haven't tried c-bol, also haven't seen many reviews. the aps brand on the other hand has a ton of good reviews. i am sticking with what i know works.
I feel you on that one. Hopefully NP will get APS soon, now I wanna give it a try asap lol. From my reading/research on it, the pumps, especially the pumps during a lifting session are insane.

noakail

Awards
I’m new to Creatine and haven’t had any experience other than C-Bol. From my experience I enjoy the results. It’s recommend on this forum a lot if you have the cash. However I ordered just one bottle and I’m going to try APS Creatine nitrate next.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
creatine nitrate

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m new to Creatine and haven’t had any experience other than C-Bol. From my experience I enjoy the results. It’s recommend on this forum a lot if you have the cash. However I ordered just one bottle and I’m going to try APS Creatine nitrate next.
Let us know how it goes:D

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
i love con-cret, but everytime i come to this board, im more n more inclined to give aps creatine nitrate a go (who has this stuff anyway???? iv found like 2 places, and not the regular sites either)

i think creapure monohydrate is excellent, if only my stomach could take it

S.K

Awards
Con-cret. This stuff is by far my favorite creatine! Works the best!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i love con-cret, but everytime i come to this board, im more n more inclined to give aps creatine nitrate a go (who has this stuff anyway???? iv found like 2 places, and not the regular sites either)

i think creapure monohydrate is excellent, if only my stomach could take it
I havn't seen 1 person that has tried Creatine Nitrate that didn't think it was by far the best creatine, I don't think you will be disappointed.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes but you can use the nitrate on just training days, and use Creapure on non-training days to keep things more affordable. At least this is what I will be doing.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Yes but you can use the nitrate on just training days, and use Creapure on non-training days to keep things more affordable. At least this is what I will be doing.
I'll be really interested in your feedback on that. I'm going to start running CN in a few weeks but I'm going to drop mono and run just it the first time so I know what it can do on it's own. (as I do with most things I'm trying the first time).

I've done that same dosing scheme over the last year with mono/Brutal Alchemy's "Ancient Strength" product. I like the pumps it gives on workout days and I don't seem to get as bloated. I don't bloat really bad on any mono though either.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this really isn't a bad idea, especially if running creatine nitrate long term.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing a lot of research on creatine. I'm personally a non-responder to mono and CEE. They just make me have to urinate ever 45 min until it clears my system. This no small inconvenience since I workout late evening, it keeps me up most of the night. I’ve tried KreAlkalyn and it does absolutely nothing for me. My research says the buffering does nothing to improve absorption. I'm currently experimenting with creatine nitrate and creatine hcl. Creatine nitrate provides great pumps in the gym but still makes me have to urinate frequently. By using smaller doses throughout the day the frequent urination problem is not as bad and I still get great pumps. Creatine hcl doesn't make me have to urinate frequently but I don't get the pumps that I do with CN. Creatine hcl is supposedly 56x more absorbable than mono. I think I'm going to combine the two taking CN on workout days and creatine hcl on non-workout days. CN also lowers my BP nicely.