wrestling

KendallOfWinc

Awards
for wrestling this year i was at the 189 lb class of mostly fat and there are some huge guys in that class. i would like to bulk a little and transform that fat into muscle while still staying at the 189lbs class.

my lifts

deadlift: 235
squat:205
bench:135

any help would be great im mostly looking for nutrion and workouts to transform my fat into muscle and gain strength but stay around the same weight

thanks guys

squatmonster

Awards
for wrestling this year i was at the 189 lb class of mostly fat and there are some huge guys in that class. i would like to bulk a little and transform that fat into muscle while still staying at the 189lbs class.

my lifts

any help would be great im mostly looking for nutrion and workouts to transform my fat into muscle and gain strength but stay around the same weight

thanks guys

Yopu mean burn the fat and build muscle . I would say start eating good healthy foods and plenty of protein . You didn't mention your age so I cant really advise any supplements , besides chances are you need to up your protein intake and overall workout itself .
Could you post a sample of what it is you are doing now. I see your numbers on the bench , dead and squat , but need to know a little more of your current workout. I am sure if you post that you will get more help on that part .

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established

my lifts

thanks guys
Judging from your current weight and your current lifts, you are just a beginner. You need to have a diet supported by about 1 gram of protein per body pound, and plenty of other quality foods. There is no way to magically transform fat into muscle. You need to burn off the fat, resulting in weight drop, then begin to build muscle, or combine good cardio with good lifting and good diet habits and you will accomplish the same. You can get many good beginner workout plans on here if you search for them.

KendallOfWinc

Awards
thanks guys, before my workout for wrestling was cleans, deads, bench, squat, and bent over row. im 15 and all i take is whey protein, but im thinking about creatine, what do you guys think about creatine? and im also going to start a different workout that focuses on a different muscle group each day, like everyone else does, but its to long to write out. let me knw what you think gracias

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
thanks guys, before my workout for wrestling was cleans, deads, bench, squat, and bent over row. im 15 and all i take is whey protein, but im thinking about creatine, what do you guys think about creatine? and im also going to start a different workout that focuses on a different muscle group each day, like everyone else does, but its to long to write out. let me knw what you think gracias
Wow dude, not gigging on you, but how did you survive in your class with those strength level's? When I was your age I struggled at Hvy Wt with a 400+pound squat (it was truly the "unlimited class at that time, no cap). Either you are a very technically sound wrestler with a lot of heart or you got your ass handed to you a lot. Lot of big, strong corn fed farm boys at 189 :)

Anyways, study here and learn the trade (Google a program called Ripptoes Starting Strength), keep training hard and throw in some cardio (Which as a wrestler, I know you run your ass off already), eat smart and keep working at it. By start of next season, you could be BEAST young man!

As to creatine, it is proven to work and not really a health risk. Just make sure you get a LOT of water when using it and if I recall correctly, you want to cycle off for about 1-2 weeks every 5 weeks. Oh, and spare yourself some cash and skip the typically suggested loading phase, it is pointless after a month (no difference between those who loaded and those who do not after 1 month) although that info may be a bit outdated.