Need a good meal plan for bulking.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to know of a good meal plan for bulking. I'm about 6 foot 210 and want to get up to 240 with low body fat. I have a small gut right now but it's not big. I'll have about $410 a month to spend on food.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone help? I'll be moving out soon and need to know how to budget food.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would do it for you but I'm short on time. Run a search for threads started by me and look for one titled drinkable meals (may be titled liquid meals, I'm not sure). Anyway, it's an article about making meal replacement shakes.

Drinkable meals on a bulk are a must in my opinion. In place of a meal that would take me 10 minutes to chew up, I can blend a shake with similar nutrition that takes me 10 seconds to chug. (I drink two meal shakes a day that are around 700-800 calories each).

Works great!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I would do it for you but I'm short on time. Run a search for threads started by me and look for one titled drinkable meals (may be titled liquid meals, I'm not sure). Anyway, it's an article about making meal replacement shakes.

Drinkable meals on a bulk are a must in my opinion. In place of a meal that would take me 10 minutes to chew up, I can blend a shake with similar nutrition that takes me 10 seconds to chug. (I drink two meal shakes a day that are around 700-800 calories each).

Works great!
THanks I checked it out. It's useful, but I was really looking for more advice on what foods to buy, what to buy in bulk, the rough price of each item, ect.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
buy bulk chicken/lean beef/fish and alot of whole wheat pasta, brown rice, wheat bread, oats......eat lots of it all and dont forget ur fruits and veggies, eat and adjust to ur goals.....thats about it in a nutshell.....and nuts are a great way to add helathy fat calories....cook with olive oil

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and lots of milkd and eggs....choose the amt of fat in ur milk based on ur goals and progress.....chepa and effective

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Hey Derrick, I agree with TypeO up there. Liquid is where it's at.

I have a 1200 cal shake for breakfast and a 1000 cal shake before bed every day. I try and eat at least 2 other 6-1000 cal meals during the day, I like ham sandwiches, chicken, rice, chili, etc. Just get some good shake formulas, I like oats in the morning and cottage cheese at night

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Yeah see the reason I asked for a meal plan is because it's been hard for me so far to even get in 200 grams of protein a day, even with whey protein, granted I don't get the big tubs of whey in bulk yet because I haven't moved out yet. It's sort of a complicated situation basically I get ssi and foodstamps and when I move out my room mate is only making me pay for cable and part of the gas and electric. So, until I get out of college I have to make do with what I have. I'll have I'm going to say roughly $250-$300 to spend on food, plus $150 in food stamps. I just hope this will be enough and I'll still have some money left over each month to buy other things like cloths and games and stuff.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Big shakes are a must, imo and for others I know as we just can't force ourselves to eat "food" that much, but downing 2 big shakes... no problem, and you can blend some stuff together to make one hell of a meal out of it (if you search on here, there's some heavy shake recipes). Also you can make your own bars to add to pretty cheaply, look up my thread in this section for the new bar I made, think it was about 500 cals per bar (i listed the specs in the thread) and taste so damn good.

here it is: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/164822-made-new-bar.html

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try Eggs, buy the 18 packs, i usually get three for a week, 7-8 eggs in the morning
Oats for morning carbs or blended into shakes
Fruit, apples are cheap and healthy
Veggies, peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots are all reasonably priced and have different health benifits
Chicken, buy in bulk...6-7lbs a week for me
Fatty Beef, cheap, cook strain pad strain pad strain...removes most of the fat ends up close to 96/4 beef
Milk cheap
Beans/Potates for easy cheap carbs
Wheat bread
Natty PB
Thats usually what i buy a week...70-80$

catty66

catty66

Awards
I love shakes because of there convenience. But I try to get most of my calories from whole foods. I see alot of guys depending on shakes too much. I use to do it myself. Specially, when I was single and didn't have a wife that cooks.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On top of those recommendations, I say buy tilapia filets in bulk. I always keep a couple bags in stock for post workout meals if I don't have time to cook chicken. Two filets and a serving of brown rice and veggies gives you over 40 grams of quality protein and adding the rice and protein you're all set on calories and carbs. Where I live we have a place called Gordons Food Service nearby that a lot of the local restaurants order all their bulk stuff from. I walk in there and it's like heaven :)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Brown rice takes longer than chicken for me to cook :(

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brown rice takes longer than chicken for me to cook :(
Brown rice does take a long ass time. I keep a couple big boxes of this brown rice that only takes like 8 minutes though for those times I don't have time to sit around and wait. I'm trying to get better at making a whole bunch for the week though.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Carbs:
Brown Rice
Oats
Green Vegetables
Whole Grain bread
Fruits

Protein:
Lean beef
chicken
tuna
bulk fish (salmon, tilapia, mahi, flounder.. whatever you can find in bulk)
lean pork
eggs ( i buy 5 dozen boxes)

fats:

natty pb
olive oil
nuts
coconut oil
fish oil

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Brown rice does take a long ass time. I keep a couple big boxes of this brown rice that only takes like 8 minutes though for those times I don't have time to sit around and wait. I'm trying to get better at making a whole bunch for the week though.
seems like after 45 minutes its still fkin crunchy...I just wash it down with milk lol.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
screw rice, i just eat red potatoes instead

BigTyler

Awards
I cook a whole big bag of brown rice at once, lol $1.32 for 2lbs at walmart.
Just use a big huge pot with a lid. Start with the rice and water together bring to a boil reduce heat to low but not too low or else it will cook all weird, cover the pot. On my stove I cook it on like the #2 or #3 setting for 35 minutes or until the water is gone. Its enough to last a while!
I also buy "bone in" chicken breasts by the case for about $45 for a 40lbs at a meat place by my house. They are actually better than from the grocery store because they aren't "enhanced with up to 12% sodium solution" Who wants to pay for saltwater? I feed the uncooked bones to the dog thats why I get bone-in :)
Trader joe's natural peanut butter is dirt cheap and tastes amazing its like $1.79 for a jar. I usually buy 25 when I'm there, lol.
Walmart also carries big bags of birds eye brand frozen veggies for pretty cheap. You could buy the stir fry veggies and mix in some low sodium terryaki sauce for some tasty meals.

Randyn

Randyn

Awards
good meal plan

I'd like to know of a good meal plan for bulking. I'm about 6 foot 210 and want to get up to 240 with low body fat. I have a small gut right now but it's not big. I'll have about $410 a month to spend on food.
You require to eat more meals in a day.Try to switch to 6 meals per day.Eat the food that is rich in Fats as well as in protein.This shall helps you gain more and more Mass.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
i start college soon and i need ideas of what to bring, here at home its easier to eat all day but I'll be in college. I'm thinking of just bringing some kind of shake with me, but I'm wondering if it will go bad. I have a 3 hour class twice a week.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well guys it turns out i have less to spend on food, but I have only been spending about $40-$50 a week. I've been getting chicken beast lunch meat a pound a week, cheese about 3-5 pounds a week, ground beef and steak and some eggs and vegetables. I haven't got around to rice yet, but I bought some potatoes. Basically it's like this. I have a room mate that has me pay for part of the gas and electric, cable and I have to pay for my own cell plan, which comes to about $360 a month. I get about $674 a month plus $140 in food stamps, so I have to budget it and I haven't even bought more whey yet but I'm almost out. So food I need and you add in fish oil which is like $23 a month a multi, at $8 but that'll last me 3 months and whey in bulk which is like what $50-$60 that I have to buy about every 1-2 months depending on if I have one or two shakes a day. Luckily I'm a meso or I think I'm meso ecto. Thankfully, because if I was an ecto I'd never gain mass.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well guys it turns out i have less to spend on food, but I have only been spending about $40-$50 a week. I've been getting chicken beast lunch meat a pound a week, cheese about 3-5 pounds a week, ground beef and steak and some eggs and vegetables. I haven't got around to rice yet, but I bought some potatoes. Basically it's like this. I have a room mate that has me pay for part of the gas and electric, cable and I have to pay for my own cell plan, which comes to about $360 a month. I get about $674 a month plus $140 in food stamps, so I have to budget it and I haven't even bought more whey yet but I'm almost out. So food I need and you add in fish oil which is like $23 a month a multi, at $8 but that'll last me 3 months and whey in bulk which is like what $50-$60 that I have to buy about every 1-2 months depending on if I have one or two shakes a day. Luckily I'm a meso or I think I'm meso ecto. Thankfully, because if I was an ecto I'd never gain mass.
I'd say screw the lunch meat and buy chicken breast in bulk. You can get it in big frozen boxes at a local GFS or anything like that, the big chains that supply to restaurants etc. Also if you buy roasts, you spend like $15 and it can last you over a week. That's pretty cheap.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
fishoil is cheaper then 23$ if you look for it in the right place, and buying a lb of chicken breast lunch meat is usually like 5-6$, when compared to buying 5lbs of chicken for 10 bucks, which comes out to 2$/lb... So in a sense you could just try buying everythign that you have to cook, it turns out to be cheaper and this way you can afford more food.

I know i can eat 8 oz of that deli chicken breast in one sitting, so i would not do good spending that much on chicken. lol

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know i can eat 8 oz of that deli chicken breast in one sitting, so i would not do good spending that much on chicken. lol
And then sh!t it all out an hour later lol...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
lol not only that but feel all bloated from the excess sodium its cooked in lol

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
needtobuildmuscle as a nice recipe book, you should check it out.