How long after a bulk cycle before starting a cut?

primetime74

primetime74

Awards
The topic speaks for itself. Im on a bulk right now. Around mid Jan or at the start of Feb Ill be doing a cycle of M1 4ADD and P Mag. Ive read different views on how long to wait after a bulk before starting a cut. I posed the question here because the bulk is far more my emphasis, rather than the cut. So how long do some of you feel is the right time to secure gains before begining a cut?

Im currently around 185. My goal is to try to bulk to around 210-215 or more if possible, then drop down to around 8/9 %.

Thanks!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Um...whenever you're ready?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Um...whenever you're ready?
he's talking in terms of his cycle and keeping gains.

i would say finish up PCT and then give yourself an extra 4-6 weeks eating slightly above maintenance and maybe transition into a recomp, before cutting fully.

primetime74

primetime74

Awards
he's talking in terms of his cycle and keeping gains.

i would say finish up PCT and then give yourself an extra 4-6 weeks eating slightly above maintenance and maybe transition into a recomp, before cutting fully.
Thanks, thats similar to what I was thinking. Ill wait a month after PCT before starting the cut. Ill definitely take my time and ween into it like youre mentioning. Like I said, the bulk is more important to me than the cut, which I know will happen in time.

WetWorks

Awards
best to keep bulking until you get to where you want to be, before you cut. my .02

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I like recomping better than cutting TBH.

Get like 5 or 10 pounds above your target weight then start recomping

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would try to hold the bulk a little longer than a month after PCT. In theory everything is back to normal after PCT, but there still might be some "normalizing" taking place for several weeks after PCT. Presumably you will be using something that is acting on the estrogen receptor or aromitase enzyme, which again may result in your body having "re-calibrate" a bit after PCT (but hopefully not so much that it affects size or strength). Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to introduce a new variable during this time. I would push it out at least 2 months after PCT before any sort of cut, especially if you don't have any specific event to cut for. I've also found over the years that I hold way more muscle and strength during a cut if I've held the bulk for a longer period of time.