Need your experience for 60 lb bulk

fedwards3

Awards
What's up guys, I'm 6'3" 190 lbs currently. Have experience in working out consistently and ran a few cycles a few years ago, and now getting back into the lifestyle. Next Friday I'm beginning a bulk that I don't anticipate on ending until around May or June. Trying to put on 50-60 lbs. I'm doing it natural for the first month or so, so I don't hurt my body injecting too much strength, etc. Then I'll consider anabolics after I do some extensive research. I have great resources for my diet, looking at around 3-4000 calories a day. 8 meals a day, one every three hours, just need your insight on my grocery list. Any ideas are appreciated. Also, if you could recommend any other vitamins/supplements - meal ideas - snack ideas and/or anything else you think might be necessary in helping me get to 240+ by June. Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate the help! Also maybe a 2 product anabolic stack I could research and start in about 6-8 weeks would help as well.

eggs, eggs, eggs.
oatmeal
spinach
sweet potatoes
natural peanut butter
whole wheat bread
low fat mayo (for turkey sandwiches)
turkey deli meat
sliced pinnapples
strawberries (shakes)
mixed berries (shakes)
blueberries(oatmeal/shakes)
bananas(oatmeal/shakes)
top sirloin
broccoli
beans
chicken breasts
nuts/almonds/walnuts
MILK, low fat/fat free/skim
salmon/tilapia
canned tuna (packed in water)
avacados
100% orange juice
olive oil
balsamic vinegar (olive oil and vinegar for a recommended salad @ lunches)
hot dijon mustard (salad dressing)
chicken deli meat

Any suggestions to either add to or remove from the grocery list would help a ton.

I've seen some sample shakes online:

2 cups skim milk
2 scoops whey
2 tsp natural peanut butter
1 banana
1/2 tsp oats
1 tsp honey

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Brazilian Nuts and Quinoa would be some solid things to add.

WetWorks

Awards
eye of round, top sirloin, lean ground beef, and more beef.

JComp

Awards
WetWorks, love the MRH pic. I would add some olive oil to the shakes for some good fats and extra calories, it helped me out. Also some brown rice, or whole wheat pasta.

fedwards3

Awards
Thanks for the ideas, I'll definately try to pick up some of the things you're all suggesting. For those of you that mix your own bulking shakes, does the sample one I have listed look good? Would you add or subtract anything to it? Also, I have a couple personal questions I'd rather not ask here publicly for fear of breaking any rules, and I was hoping maybe someone could shoot me an email so I can ask them. If you can, it would be much appreciated. fedwards3 at hotmail

Thanks again guys.

WetWorks

Awards
Bump JComp

why drink skim milk when your bulking? I prefer to mix Whey and Casein protein in m shake to get the best of both worlds.

fedwards3

Awards
Good question Wet, I'm not sure. I think in all the research I did, I found a recipe for something that suggested skim milk over the other options. Are you suggesting I use whole milk, or just the low-fat or non-fat options? Doesn't whole milk have a lot of fat in it? I am planning my diet to be around 4000-5000+ calories a day, in about a 40/40/20 or 60/30/20 split. I plan on doing about an hours worth of low heartrate cardio (stair climber) 3x a week, and jogging 3 miles twice a week to keep my heart in shape and also lose some of the fat that has accumulated around my waist. This is why my calorie intake is so high, I'm trying to compensate for all of the calories I'll lose doing my cardio. Do any of you see any issues with this routine?

WetWorks

Awards
60/20/20 is the ratio I like. yes use whole milk. fat stimulates hormone production.

fedwards3

Awards
Follow-up questions...even if I'm drinking a gallon of milk a day, stick to whole milk? Also, something else came to mind. Do you see any issues with eating 2 cups (2xpackets) of Quaker Oats Maple & Brown sugar instant oatmeal for breakfast, along with 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites? I know there is processed sugar in the QuakerOats but I wasn't sure if it was just generally a bad idea to eat that stuff. Oh and if you get a second, would you shoot me an email so I could ask you something off the boards. fedwards3 at hotmail. Thanks again.

WetWorks

Awards
Follow-up questions...even if I'm drinking a gallon of milk a day, stick to whole milk? Also, something else came to mind. Do you see any issues with eating 2 cups (2xpackets) of Quaker Oats Maple & Brown sugar instant oatmeal for breakfast, along with 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites? I know there is processed sugar in the QuakerOats but I wasn't sure if it was just generally a bad idea to eat that stuff. Oh and if you get a second, would you shoot me an email so I could ask you something off the boards. fedwards3 at hotmail. Thanks again.

whole eggs are great for you, no need to get rid of the yolks. you can finish off your instant oats, but I would get some rolled oats and honey. whole milk is better for you. milk and eggs have most of the nutrients in the fat and yolks. you can send me a message using the site messaging system in the User CP.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
60/30/20 dosent add up to 100 so it confused me ;) but I guess since as long as its proportional just dont get confused with percents. anyways I take it your trying to lean bulk since your only eating 3-4k? at 6 3 190 I would think you might want a little more than that... I know my maintainance cals are around 3500. so when I bulkt I try to get at least 5, usually 6-7 when Im really hittin it. I bulked from may- october and went from about 158 - 188, rough numbers... I gained on the lower calories like your talking then hit a plat. and couldnt gain and had to overhaul my cals wayyyy up. I guess it depends on your activity too, do you do cardio and how long do your workouts last? I dont know if you already took this into account Im just kinda voicing what pops into my head as I read this... also if your eating 8 meals a day, itll keep your metabolism up, so youll end up burning more during the day than you do now. thats like 400 - 500 cals per meal, not real big... like your shakes gona be way bigger than that, so I guess some of your meals will be around 200-300 between your bigger ones?

The shake I was mixing during bulk was around 1300 cals, and Id hit one and hour pre and 30 mins post. and I put on the pounds fast. Hmmmm, otherwise all your food and stuff looks good. I guess youll find out soon enough if your cals are heavy enough or not. eitherway good luck bro!

WetWorks

Awards
60/30/20 dosent add up to 100 so it confused me ;) but I guess since as long as its proportional just dont get confused with percents. anyways I take it your trying to lean bulk since your only eating 3-4k? at 6 3 190 I would think you might want a little more than that... I know my maintainance cals are around 3500. so when I bulkt I try to get at least 5, usually 6-7 when Im really hittin it. I bulked from may- october and went from about 158 - 188, rough numbers... I gained on the lower calories like your talking then hit a plat. and couldnt gain and had to overhaul my cals wayyyy up. I guess it depends on your activity too, do you do cardio and how long do your workouts last? I dont know if you already took this into account Im just kinda voicing what pops into my head as I read this... also if your eating 8 meals a day, itll keep your metabolism up, so youll end up burning more during the day than you do now. thats like 400 - 500 cals per meal, not real big... like your shakes gona be way bigger than that, so I guess some of your meals will be around 200-300 between your bigger ones?

The shake I was mixing during bulk was around 1300 cals, and Id hit one and hour pre and 30 mins post. and I put on the pounds fast. Hmmmm, otherwise all your food and stuff looks good. I guess youll find out soon enough if your cals are heavy enough or not. eitherway good luck bro!

DOH! I meant to say 60/20/20. thanks for catching that :)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the ideas, I'll definately try to pick up some of the things you're all suggesting. For those of you that mix your own bulking shakes, does the sample one I have listed look good? Would you add or subtract anything to it? Also, I have a couple personal questions I'd rather not ask here publicly for fear of breaking any rules, and I was hoping maybe someone could shoot me an email so I can ask them. If you can, it would be much appreciated. fedwards3 at hotmail

Thanks again guys.
Heres my bulk shakes, +15 pounds this month (15nove-15dec)

2tbps PB, 3 eggs, 2cups whole milk, 1cup oats, 1 banana, 1scoop whey
80G pro, 120G cho, 40g fat, about 1200cals

right before bed I take this one:
2cups milk, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1cup greek yogurt, 1scoop ice cream.
about the same macro, 1k cals.

I'm getting 4k cals a day or so, been working so far but I need to clean it up and eat more beef, jsut hate cooking so I eat a lot of ham sandwiches and chili lol.

Greek yogurt is some of the healthiest stuff you can get, and its delicious. Costs about $1 a cup though

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
No offense man but it's pretty ignorant to try and gain 60lbs in 5-6 months. First, even with anabolics you would be lucky to have half of that be lean tissue. Second, that type of weight gain will put a tremendous strain on your cardiovascular system. Why not eat healthy and add 20lbs of pure muscle and not look like total ****?

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
No offense man but it's pretty ignorant to try and gain 60lbs in 5-6 months. First, even with anabolics you would be lucky to have half of that be lean tissue. Second, that type of weight gain will put a tremendous strain on your cardiovascular system. Why not eat healthy and add 20lbs of pure muscle and not look like total ****?
Yeah I agree with him.. Be patient... do it naturally. Patience, solid training, and a dialed in diet and you will be big and ripped.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
60pounds in 6 months wont happen without a lot of fat and that won't even happen at 4kcals a day. Plus interrupting sleep for a meal kills recovery AND is a metabolism kicker template(many small meals)

Your bulking plan is pretty much dead from the go. Rethink a viable option with realistic gains.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^No offense OP but I read your first post and 60lbs in 5-6 months lean isn't going to happen. Eating 8 meals a day every 3 hours means you will be waking up through the night, not a good idea. I agree with the others, you need to re-evaluate your plan, and be patient with your goals.

spimp187

Awards
At 3-4K calories, I don't really see any reason to split that up in to 8 meals. That's only 375-500 per meal. 4-5 meals is plenty at that calorie level IMO.

I'd also re-evaluate your short-term goal of 50-60 lbs. in 6 months. Even if you were using the best anabolics available, that would still be a stretch. You certainly could not do that with pro-hormones alone, you would destroy your liver.

Your shake lists 1/2 tsp. oats? Is that a typo? That's like 5 oats or something, why bother. Throw in a 1/2 cup.