Made a new bar for bulking

ChrisSurf

Awards
My spin on a recipe I had found, changed/added some stuff.

4 cups oatmeal
1 cup PB (stick in microwave to warm up, makes it spread through the mix much easier)
5 scoops protein powder (I use TruNutrition chocolate whey iso for the quality and awesome taste)
2 scoops maltodextrin
1/2 cup of raisons
1 1/2 cups whole milk
some cinnamon
and then I drizzle some honey over once it's finished in the pan (didn't calc this though as I didn't measure how much)

Once mixed together, used a 13x9 glass pan to spread and stuck in fridge, next day cut into 8 pieces. Adding the raisons really did it, added a great flavor imo. Each bar comes out to about:
505 cals
55.5g carbs
25.8g protein

tasty tasty, and a softer bar so I just eat it with a fork lol. I like this for after a shake after working out.

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great. Adding some products to the shopping list.

ChrisSurf

Awards
The raisons really set it off, may do a full cup next time... never seen a recipe with them, add such a great taste to the bars.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I'd drop the malto, even in a bulk...

during my recomp I use stevia by NOW

ChrisSurf

Awards
I'd drop the malto, even in a bulk...

during my recomp I use stevia by NOW
never heard of it, can it be used in a shake? I've never had a prob with Malto, it works for extra calories, and cheap as heck. I only use it in the bars and shakes.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
malto is worse than table sugar...not beneficial if you're at all worried about storing fat. Some dudes don't have to worry about that though.

NOW Foods stevia....other companies make stevia too. its a zero calorie NATURAL sweetener

ChrisSurf

Awards
malto is worse than table sugar...not beneficial if you're at all worried about storing fat. Some dudes don't have to worry about that though.

NOW Foods stevia....other companies make stevia too. its a zero calorie NATURAL sweetener
Oh its zero cal? Yeh thats why I add malto, doesn't have any flavor (don't want a sweetener) and add's lot of extra cals.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Oh its zero cal? Yeh thats why I add malto, doesn't have any flavor (don't want a sweetener) and add's lot of extra cals.
for sure...different things for different people.

I have to watch my carb intake, so I would go without the malto...the bars would still work

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro drop I would drop the maltodextrin. It can come in use for post workout carbs (though personally I do not use high GI post workout), but in general i would try to keep it out of your diet.

I would make these, but the temptation to eat 4 or 5 (or the whole pan) while surfing would be too great!

ChrisSurf

Awards
Yeah bro drop I would drop the maltodextrin. It can come in use for post workout carbs (though personally I do not use high GI post workout), but in general i would try to keep it out of your diet.

I would make these, but the temptation to eat 4 or 5 (or the whole pan) while surfing would be too great!
hahaha, funny thing is after one bar I don't want another one lol, kinda filling after you've had a shake :laugh: . Thats the only time I eat them, make a shake after the gym, quick shower, then grab one of the bars.

I have high metabolism so much seems to effect me, burn it off fast lol

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your trying to fat bulk who cares ;) but if your lean bulk then yea stevia. obviously anyone with nutritional knowledge can recognize this. but anywho this looks yummy now I gota find someonie to bake it for me... :D

ChrisSurf

Awards
If your trying to fat bulk who cares ;) but if your lean bulk then yea stevia. obviously anyone with nutritional knowledge can recognize this. but anywho this looks yummy now I gota find someonie to bake it for me... :D
Never tried baking recipes for bars, I don't think this recipe with bake though? Who knows lol.

Dr.Lang

Dr.Lang

Banned
Awards

Stevia is a great sugar replacement.