Bulking, whats my BF?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well I just did an online BF test, to check mine and got 10. which I dont quite believe but then again it could be pretty true. I was thinking more like 12... Because otherwise I would have been like 7 or 8 before. can anyone point me to the most accurate site they can find, or if you have time check one or two out and let me know how good they are, compared to your BF if you know yours. I think it would help alot of people to know a quality site for this. Anyways, Im pretty happy that at 10 or even 12 percent fat my lean mass is as much as my whole body weighed two months ago :) this bulk it going great. I also PRed bench today, 245 x 3 and 265 x 1, ive been back bench for about three months since I was having shouler problems and I just keep gaining, it feels great. my previous 3 rep was 215, and I can 7 rep that now.

Thanks for the help

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's a formula you found online, then it's junk. Even a 3-site caliper reading isn't that great.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
online bf test? *please insert stomach fat into cd rom tray* If you are really concerned about your bf percentage, go have someone who is vastly trained in bf tests to do it for you. You will probably have to pay for it. I don't even think calipers give an honest read due to everybody's difference in weight distribution. I personally believe the mirror is a much better way to judge improvement.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree, and I just asked if there was one or not, thats all. of course something online isnt going to be as acurate as a good test. But I dont think the people at my gym know how to work calipers let alone of theyd give me one, next time im in town at the gym i could ask, but for now I dont have any other way. and of course I can see how much I weigh but Ive NEVER had my BF checked before and was simply curious. I apologize.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Use calipers yourself and do it the exact same way every time. Even if it's inaccurate, you'll know if you're getting higher or lower.

rezstyle

Awards
Use calipers yourself and do it the exact same way every time. Even if it's inaccurate, you'll know if you're getting higher or lower.
^^ Unless you're planning on competing professionally and HAVE to know your level. This may not give a complete accurate %, but it will give you accurate change in %'s.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Calipers are only good for one thing. To measure increases or decreases granted the same person does it exactly the same everytime.
The most accurate place you can go IMO is Lyle mcdonalds site body recomposition . Com an post pics and get his expert opinion. Leg and back pics are needed if you want a real accurate estimate. You also have to remember people had different amounts of definition at moderately low fat. My avi I can't remember exactly my bf it Id estimate 14%. Lighting makes a huge differance as seen in my avi. Some people at 10% don't have great ab definition some do. Anything sub 10 ad your getting real defined.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Post pics, I am good at guessing based on decent pics.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have pics posted in the progress section or if you look for posts by me you can see them. I got it checked with calipers the other day and came out at 8.9. My aqaintance whose a body builders also told me I looked around ten or less. Using calipers I measure 7 on the thigh, 7 on the chest and 14.5 on the belly(this is where I have gained almost all my fat during my bulk) but I still have abs. Im thinking the lady who measures it goes a little low, but I did watch her and she seemed to know what was goin on haha. Im happy with about ten and mirror progress and scale progress is all I need for now ;) scale goes up and mirror goes down and Im all good.