Big Guy looking to get BIGGER! HELP

manicstudio

Awards
Hello I'm 6'5 265...bodyfat probably about 22%...I dropped from 275 after cutting out all the heavy carbed up oatmeal shakes n whole milk..now I'm lost. I don't know where to turn for extra calories without guzzling down milk n oats like crazy. I'm look way better after dropping all those carbs n see my abs tryna peek out a bit.

My Diet roughly

9 eggs 1 albacore can of tuna omlette plus turkey ham upon wakin/heading to work

2lbs of ground turkey or 3 4oz chicken breast (eat during work and/or during break)

Almonds (about a quarter of a 11 srving bag of 180 per serving or half a bag a day) eat during work

3 scoops of whey protein on workout days

9 eggs plus 6 Hash browns pattie lookin things for carbs postworkout

Half tub of cottage cheese per day

I dunno wat else to eat that semi clean...maybe I should add my w.w past back in, but eat a lil more modestly this time...guessing I need about 7000 calories...prolly at 4400 now dunno

I'm currently finish doing a 5x5 workout plan...and trying this 10x3 alt day/ 8-11 assist day workout I seen someone posted up for another lean bulker

...Tryna get to 285 by next april then cut or maybe cut now a lil n maintain but can't afford BCAA right now so afraid of cardio eating my muscles...thought bout adding some p90x

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Natural Peanut butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil are easy ways to add healthy fats and calories.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
First off, you have to decide exactly what your goals are right now. Gaining to 285 by next spring and then cutting is very different than cutting right now. You don't need BCAA's in order to start doing some cardio. Start with low intensity cardio and ease into it very slowly and you won't lose any muscle provided you aren't starving yourself. High intensity cardio like P90X will be harder to recover from than the low intensity stuff. Obviously to cut you will have to keep your calories lower and manipulate your intake until you are getting the fat loss you desire. If you are going to try and gain, then add back the milk and oats and other things you cut out and increase the calories until you are gaining at a rate you are happy with. Either way, it would be good to incorporate at least some moderate cardio into your routine for health and recovery reasons.

manicstudio

Awards
Ok thanx...valid points...I just going to maintain wat I have and cut slowly adjusting my diet accordingly. I been bulking forever and now really want to see how everything looks that I built under the hood. Never been a super lean guy ever...so I guess a long winter cut it is. I got bulking down...just don't like tha gut I'm getting so I guess its time to lean out...by the way wats a good diet for cutting Keto and wats a good macro ratio 40f 50p 10c?

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldn't jump straight into something as drastic as a keto diet. Save that for down the road if you need it. At your size and body composition, I don't think that micromanaging your macronutrient intake is really necessary either. Simply get enough protein and fill in the rest of your caloric intake with carbs and fat. I've never found the low carb approach any better than any other approach. Start with simply eating healthy and hitting a calorie target. I would save the drastic manipulation of macronutrients or very low carb approach for down the road if you really need it in the event you hit a big plateau or you are trying to go from pretty lean to really lean.

manicstudio

Awards
Oh ok...I was thinking that maybe I need to cut out carbs because I never seen a really difference in leaning out much...since I work n a hard labor type job and lift 4x a week...then again I don't do any cardio at all outside of work(wishful thinkin that I'm active enuff to lean out a lil). So incorporating cardio might make a big difference bodytype wise...since I see a lil bit of my abs indentations on tha sides n sometimes look like I have a 4pack if suck it n while stanfing so I'm not just some massive blubber...but thanx that's some really good advice...I just fear being skinny I guess 'bigorexia'

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes the hardest part of the process is the psychological aspect. You just have to prepare yourself for the fact that you will likely lose a little strength. By taking the weight off very slowly you can minimize the impact on strength, but you will likely lose a little.