CANT FIND THE WILL POWER TO EAT!!!

seriousbsnz

Awards
IN SERIOUS NEED OF HELP HERE GUYS PLEASE!

Alright, im getting pretty p****ed off that im trying to bulk up and cannot force myself to eat solid foods enough. I can down protein shakes all day long with no problem. But when it comes to having to eat a solid meal, i could care less.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to increase my appetite? I dont do much cardio so i was thinkin if i started running more that would help? Or i have heard of supplements that help increase appetite but dont know if i beleive in them.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
20 minutes of moderate cardio in the morning will turn you into a horse, you won't be able to eat enough, at least that's my experience. When you say you could care less about eating, do you not like what you are eating, or just don't want to eat as much as you should?

For quantity, it's just like lifting, you've gotta work your way up to eating those huge meals 24/7. You didn't start by benching 315, you work your way up to it. Just slowly but surely eat more and more.

If it's a taste thing, either experiment with some new foods, you never know what you may find that you love to eat. If that doesn't work, depending on how desperately you're trying to bulk, fast food can be your friend.
Hope this helps.

seriousbsnz

Awards
thanks natan, ill try throwin in some more cardio.
and its not that i dont like the taste of food, its just that i feel like if i eat im going to be sick. i am almost never hungry which is the worst possible thing when your bulking. Im betting that it is cuz im not doin cardio but i didnt think u were supposed to do cardio wen bulking. and im even on 60 mg a day of dbol right now and i no thats supposed to increase appetite and hasnt done ne thing for me.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I used to have the same problem. Basically I forced myself to eat. Once you start, your body will adapt to the schedule, and before you know it, you be complaining because your all ways hungry.

Lots of exercise will certainly stimulate the appetite.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Try some Nutrient Partitioning supps? As mentioned, defiantly try stick to a schedule as well. What foods are you eating now? Too much fibre based foods in one sitting can cause loss of apatite.

In the morning, eat your largest meal of the day, at least 700kcal for someone of your height/weight. This should help drive your metabolism into gear for the rest of the day.

seriousbsnz

Awards
My biggest problem is im kind of a vegetarian. Its not that i give a ***t about animals i just dont like the taste of a lot of meat. The only meats i can get down is chicken , turkey, and ham. I mainly have always eatin a ton of carbs (ie. pastas, wheats, potatoes) And seeing as im deployed to afhanistan right now i dont have much of a say of wat i want to eat. I take wat they give me. This is the reason i take so many protein shakes in a day. I will take 2 scoops of dymatize elite whey about 4 times a day and right before bed 2 scoops of ON casein.

seriousbsnz

Awards
Just a little update guys...i took everyones advice and did everything u guys said. I dont know if one in particular worked or if it was all of em combined but i have just been stuffing my face whether i wanted to eat or not and im finally gettin to the point where i can eat almost a whole meal (about 700 calories) every 2 hours. So i just wanted to say thanks to everyone

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
* eat salads (stretch your stomach - a trick i picked up from watching kobayashi)
* controlled labs black hole
* workout more often

andrewcb

Awards
yea i can hardly eat too, each time i put it in it wants to come back up, for me, i just stuff it in and down it with milk with as few chews as possible. since i like milk alot it makes it alot easier to eat and adds on some more calories and protein. also u can try pinching your nose, what you cant smell you cant taste!

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
yea i can hardly eat too, each time i put it in it wants to come back up, for me, i just stuff it in and down it with milk with as few chews as possible. since i like milk alot it makes it alot easier to eat and adds on some more calories and protein. also u can try pinching your nose, what you cant smell you cant taste!
Sounds like you need to learn how to cook better. If you really dislike your food that much, eat something else. There's ABSOLUTELY NO reason to hate your food so much that you need to pinch your nose to get it down. Try new seasonings, pick up a couple cookbooks, watch food network if you have to to get some ideas. What are you eating that you hate so much, and why are you still eating it? Unless it's the day before a bodybuilding show, feel free to use seasonings, spices, aromatics (onions, peppers, etc). When you learn to enjoy your food, you'll enjoy this lifestyle much more

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you need to learn how to cook better. If you really dislike your food that much, eat something else. There's ABSOLUTELY NO reason to hate your food so much that you need to pinch your nose to get it down. Try new seasonings, pick up a couple cookbooks, watch food network if you have to to get some ideas. What are you eating that you hate so much, and why are you still eating it? Unless it's the day before a bodybuilding show, feel free to use seasonings, spices, aromatics (onions, peppers, etc). When you learn to enjoy your food, you'll enjoy this lifestyle much more
Absolutely... I've found that bulking has turned me into a fairly decent cook. I really had no choice but to be better b/c I don't care who you are, no one can eat bad food 24/7. Just start buying different meats, veggies, and carbs and looking up recipes online for how to make them tasty... For instance, I just ate pan fried pork chops, half a cabbage cooked in omega butter and spices (for the stomach stretch) and a bowl full of texmati rice. It was at least 700 cals and I put it down w/o a problem.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
Yea i had that problem too but not im making steady gains. ull figure it out. just start eating a little more and as time goes on add a little more food. before you know it you wont believe you were eating so little.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eat alot of white pasta and stay away from fiber. drink alot of milk also

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
* eat salads (stretch your stomach - a trick i picked up from watching kobayashi)
* controlled labs black hole
* workout more often
do salads really stretch your stomach? ive always heard the opposite. for example, i always thought it takes more calories to digest the salad than the cals in the salad itself. maybe im completely wrong. if so tell me, ill start eating rabbit food then lol

bigneum

Awards
i am having that problem too, being deployed out here for 13 months in afghanistan, i am six months through my rotation and all food at the chow hall here is on a set rotating schedule. Not only the same food every two weeks or so but also the food itself isnt that good (haha). its also hard to actually make it to the chowhall sometimes between meal hours. we can go pick up a pbj sandwich tho 24-7. i have tried to sup with protien shakes but everone i have tried just jack my stomach up and i spend most of the night in a port-o-john (haha). i just force myself to eat eat til i feel like i will pop.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Just a little update guys...i took everyones advice and did everything u guys said. I dont know if one in particular worked or if it was all of em combined but i have just been stuffing my face whether i wanted to eat or not and im finally gettin to the point where i can eat almost a whole meal (about 700 calories) every 2 hours. So i just wanted to say thanks to everyone
The problem is you are in afghan dummy :p I am in baghdad, just got back form leave actually. I used to eat 5 full meals a day easy. Now I cant, for two reasons:

1. I did not feel like paying for 5 meals a day in amurica, and I didnt work out often, ewas on vacation.

2. I ate steak twice a day every day. and it was good steak. Ribeye in Dallas? Yeah. Good steak. Now the food here just tastes like ****, and is hard to stomach. I hate it, and I dont want to pay to ship a ton of protein here, and I dont want to buy bsn protein in the PX for 50 dollars. So I am just forcing it, and it sucks donkey balls, but its what we do right?>

TeddyNorcross

Awards
IN SERIOUS NEED OF HELP HERE GUYS PLEASE!

Alright, im getting pretty p****ed off that im trying to bulk up and cannot force myself to eat solid foods enough. I can down protein shakes all day long with no problem. But when it comes to having to eat a solid meal, i could care less.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to increase my appetite? I dont do much cardio so i was thinkin if i started running more that would help? Or i have heard of supplements that help increase appetite but dont know if i beleive in them.

If you're not against it and you're not prone to being a lazy ass, smoke a little weed. Go shopping first and get a variety of good whole foods you enjoy and eat.

johnstump

Awards
i had the exact same problem! heres what I did... try to eat around 300 cals/2 hour.. however you can,like when i ate oatmeal i would just mix water and DRINK it because if i microwaved it , it would fluff up and fill me up. dont stuff yourself every two hours or youll get sicka nd discouraged. now its like every two hours im scramblin around the house to find food. you have to work your way up to it and eventually your body will be hungry. give it a week, its what i did

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Zinc is proven to help stimulate/increase appetite.

Try out about 30-50 mgs of Zinc Picolinate.

bsypher

Awards
Morning exercise is a pretty good start, like some of the folks above state. I'm in the same boat though regarding appetite as I have to force feed myself often.

Acesopro

Awards
It could be mental too. Try and remember why you are doing what you are doing and keep pushing yourself. Nothing perfect comes easy.

sub001

Awards
It could be mental too. Try and remember why you are doing what you are doing and keep pushing yourself. Nothing perfect comes easy.
This. I've given the speech a few times but you are eating for a specific purpose. 3 squares a day can curb hunger, but you want to be huge and mighty. Aside from people with all the luck in the world, you will never be hungry enough to eat all you need to eat in a day. It is probably always going to suck. Sit down and scarf. It took me a good 4 months to get past the urge to just toss my food out after a couple bites. It gets easier but not ever "easy". Get your food, sit down, and don't stop shovelin. Try and do it at a moderate-fast pace but not overeating. The first few bites are ok but then once that food goes down it tells your brain you are already full and makes everything harder. Just push through brotha!

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
i say quit smokeing and you will eat everything in sight! the whole being deployed thing isnt helpful either. i know when i was in Iraq, my nerves were always going crazy and being out in the city for days didnt help one bit. make the best of it and do what you can. they dont call it a hardship for nothing! things will bounce back once you get state side. best of luck and keep ur head down!

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
i say quit smokeing and you will eat everything in sight! the whole being deployed thing isnt helpful either. i know when i was in Iraq, my nerves were always going crazy and being out in the city for days didnt help one bit. make the best of it and do what you can. they dont call it a hardship for nothing! things will bounce back once you get state side. best of luck and keep ur head down!
This man speak the truth. I stopped smoking a month ago and lately ive been eating like there is no tomorrow!