hey guys, advice on gains

drewsky90

Awards
i posted on the forum awhile ago immaturely seeking to gain MPH to my fastball and considered steroids, however i am glad yall chewed me out so i went the natural way and got great results (15-18 lbs) and 5 MPH =)

however i seem to have hit the wall because i think mentally im ok but my body is overtrained slightly.. Im eating OK maybe not enough (hard gainer) putting in roughly 3500-4000 CAL, and my weight has been declining

im still learning about lifting though ive done hours of research and learned a significant amount since i last visited here.

i suppose you can say i was doing a lean bulking regimine using the 5x5 method.. i think i burnt out a little bit because i was lifting practically everyday (yes i know you might call me dumb for doing research and still overtraining but mentally i was strong enough to pull it off for 2 1/2 months)

monday chest/tris
tuesday legs/back
wed core/forearms(grips)
thursday = mon
fri = tuesday
sat = wed
adequet cardio but definently not enough to be in pitching condition

as i realize i have no rest but the supplements i am currently taking (megamen sport vitamins, amplified whey protein, and scivation quake/Xtend however i give Xtend most of the credit because it really cut down my soreness levels) so i was able to maintain this training pretty decently in my opinion but understand that i have little to no rest for my body

i am taking off till this monday to see how i recover (i am not sure if 4 days are enough rest?) and i looked up intermediate lifting Texas Method and i think ill be able to hit my goal 190 within the next 3-4 months on Cell Tech creatine cycle

sorry for rambeling but im not really certain how to express myself on the forum.. but my point is im losing weight but not strength eating 3500-4000 CAL daily.. do i need to up my cal intake or rest the body and begin a new program? or both?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
check out 5x5 / madcow / billstarrs 5x5 and go from there. it seems like itll do the job

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to really help with your fast ball i would counsider sport specific training, Legs and CORE are HUGE for pitchers.

i would try your hardest not to bulk up your shoulders ruining your range of motion.

a lot of plyometrics.

in terms of diet, its relative, 4 days is enough rest, you may be losing weight for other reasons.

Post full diet and training regimin for us to help.

drewsky90

Awards
i will admit the past few weeks my diet has slacked due to waking up later (around 950-1015 am) so im basically missing 2 meals right there is 1000+ calories.. so ill fix that monday

i also notice (i recently quit smoking marijuana) that my sleep is not as good, i get 9 hours but instead of jumping out of bed i have to recollect myself, but these are withdrawl symptoms that ill fight off within the next couple of days (already a week clean without mentally needing it)

breakfast - bowl of oatmeal + cup of OJ + whole milk
breakfast2 - 3 full eggs sunnyside up, w/e leftover dinner pork/chicken/steak/bacon/sausage + slice or two of whole grain or wheat bread

sometimes i left after BF2, or after lunch

lunch after lift is ampified protien shake followed by PBJ, or left over meats, yogurt with fruits mixed in
the shake (amplified whey) also has tablespoon of flax seed oil, ice creams, 1/2 banana

dinner varies only because its w/e my father purchases however it is quality food such as pork roasts, steaks, chickens, spagetti - followed by veggies/potatoes/other sides

post dinner - oatmeal or yogurt/fruits, milk

also i was wondering about my shoulder as well, should i bench press (if properly done does it put added pressures on the shoulder?) or swap with DB flatbench presses?

if any other information ill be delighted to post... also if anyone has any ulner ligament strengthening suggestions that would be awesome, an uphill battle of the wear and tear of the arm is steady

drewsky90

Awards
How fast can you throw?
LHP i recently was 79-81 and am proud to say i am consistent 83-84 topping out at 85-86

the cool thing is i recently redid my whole mechanics with a coach and found my center of gravity was off to an extreme, and the phenoma of that whole discovery was how i havent had labrum surgery yet, which he noted because my body is in decent enough condition combimed with my above average flexibility

in a nutshell i now use my legs and core properly to throw the ball, not my legs, so however strong my core and legs get is how hard ill throw the ball.
im looking to be consistent 85 by spring.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good luck with that. legs i is huge,

when training look into velocity changes (slow reps for a few reps then fast explosive reps all within the same sets)

especially for legs and some twisting core movements, work your shoulder flexability, as well as continue on with the pitching mechanics..

drewsky90

Awards
yea bruh, i went from 81 to 85 in roughly 20 hours due to mechanical changes, by next year i hope to be 88-89

im currently going to use this rest time to focus on some stretching and stick with a good pre and post WO stretch therapy..

also idk about bench pressing, but if done right it should not put strain on the rotator cuffs?

or instead of free weighted BP, what about machine glided BP bars?